What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rare time in my life where I actually have too much time in my day, and I wish coffee didn't affect me so much, I just like the way it tastes and wish it would just help to wake me up in the morning.

Could a human brain be plugged into a house and actually generate enough electricity to power it, in say a 4 people household, without having to actually pay for electricity?
Interesting. Would solve the energy crisis.

kamya said:
Richard_39 said:
Could a human brain be plugged into a house and actually generate enough electricity to power it, in say a 4 people household, without having to actually pay for electricity?

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/135481-will-your-body-be-the-battery-of-the-future

Short answer... nope!

LOL That's not what your article says!
"In short, human batteries are coming — it’s just a matter of time and research."
Did you read it longer than just the begining? Unless I misunderstood something, in which case I apologise lol. But from what I'm reading here, and in there he talks of "the future" as it implies like, 2 centuries, but considering the growth of advancement, I rather think it's a matter of a few years.
Also, posit this; not just the human brain generates electricy, but human activity as well. Every time you pick up an object, or rub something, or rub; you also generate static electricity and your brain output increases, as it's said, up to 2000 watts, even the excessive heat is just energy released under a different form. Well suppose you run, or exercise, or do chores at home during the evening, say 4 or 5 pm up until midnight...there MUST be a way to harness that excess energy, which pretty much goes nowhere, if not to directly charge a batter, to power an amplifier that CAN. Or something.
I mean, I'm no scientist, but sounds like an interesting research area...no? ;-)
Clean, renewable, plentiful...image a 4 person household. Self-sustaining, wouldn't that be awesome? That would kill the power companies, it'd be a laugh at least lol.

Richard_39 said:
kamya said:
Richard_39 said:

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/135481-will-your-body-be-the-battery-of-the-future

Short answer... nope!

LOL That's not what your article says!
"In short, human batteries are coming — it’s just a matter of time and research."
Did you read it longer than just the begining? Unless I misunderstood something, in which case I apologise lol. But from what I'm reading here, and in there he talks of "the future" as it implies like, 2 centuries, but considering the growth of advancement, I rather think it's a matter of a few years.
Also, posit this; not just the human brain generates electricy, but human activity as well. Every time you pick up an object, or rub something, or rub; you also generate static electricity and your brain output increases, as it's said, up to 2000 watts, even the excessive heat is just energy released under a different form. Well suppose you run, or exercise, or do chores at home during the evening, say 4 or 5 pm up until midnight...there MUST be a way to harness that excess energy, which pretty much goes nowhere, if not to directly charge a batter, to power an amplifier that CAN. Or something.
I mean, I'm no scientist, but sounds like an interesting research area...no? ;-)
Clean, renewable, plentiful...image a 4 person household. Self-sustaining, wouldn't that be awesome? That would kill the power companies, it'd be a laugh at least lol.

I read the whole thing before posting it. The answer is no because even 2000 watts is nowhere near enough energy to power a house of 4 people (or even one person). The average being 100-200 watts is even worse than that. 100 watts might power a few LEDs. With our bodies we might be able to power a few biogadgets or charge up a small battery at the most.

kamya said:
I read the whole thing before posting it. The answer is no because even 2000 watts is nowhere near enough energy to power a house of 4 people (or even one person). The average being 100-200 watts is even lower. Might power a couple LEDs. We might be able to power a few biogadgets or charge up a small battery at the most.

Oh fine, destroyer of dreams. When I invent a doohickey that does that, I'm not giving you any co-creator royalties :p

Richard_39 said:
kamya said:
I read the whole thing before posting it. The answer is no because even 2000 watts is nowhere near enough energy to power a house of 4 people (or even one person). The average being 100-200 watts is even lower. Might power a couple LEDs. We might be able to power a few biogadgets or charge up a small battery at the most.

Oh fine, destroyer of dreams. When I invent a doohickey that does that, I'm not giving you any co-creator royalties :p

I have an ex that gave me the nickname "Dream Crusher"  :p

kamya said:
I have an ex that gave me the nickname "Dream Crusher"  :p

LOL! Well I'm on her side, you despicable Soul Strangler, you! ;-)

Nah, it was just a thought. But I remain convinced there must be something that can be done with that, somehow, someway. Basically because I want big power companies to DIE lol. I forked Hydro-Quebec 2500 bucks last year, did you know? And not only are the jackoffs raising everyone's prices because they insist they "want to stay competitve"(big headlines here right now), while they gave their president a 26% increase to like 1.5 million dollars yearly plus bonuses and a 15% raise to all their workers. Hell, their salaries cost more than the production costs! DIE DIE DIE Hydro-Québec!!!! ;-)

I'm feeling quite happy as I just had to get a new drivers licence and my picture looks about the same as my one from ten years ago so it made my day...silly and self absorbed I know

TheRealCallie said:
Cavey said:
I accidentally gave a spider a heart attack...

Was it a fatal heart attack?  If not, DO IT AGAIN!!!!

Definitely fatal, but I'm quite sad about it. There aren't any particularly dangerous spiders native to the UK and they keep the fly population down.

Cavey said:
TheRealCallie said:
Cavey said:
I accidentally gave a spider a heart attack...

Was it a fatal heart attack?  If not, DO IT AGAIN!!!!

Definitely fatal, but I'm quite sad about it. There aren't any particularly dangerous spiders native to the UK and they keep the fly population down.

Get a venus fly trap.....

I wish I had someone to talk about the new Senses Fail album and the last song If There is a Light it will Find You. It's such an amazing song. It's the first Senses Fail song that has made me cry and I cry every time I listen to it. It's just so good, raw and emotional, just ****.

evanescencefan912 said:
I wish I had someone to talk about the new Senses Fail album and the last song If There is a Light it will Find You.  It's such an amazing song. It's the first Senses Fail song that has made me cry and I cry every time I listen to it. It's just so good, raw and emotional, just ****.

You never stopped being one of the emo kids =P

It's nice that I don't feel self conscious about going out in my glasses. Is it because I've stopped caring about attracting dudes :D

Amelia said:
It's nice that I don't feel self conscious about going out in my glasses. Is it because I've stopped caring about attracting dudes :D

Don't want to blow ones own trumpet...but maybe you're just going to attract a better class of dude...black frames by any chance...ladies in glasses omg :p

Why do people insist on arguing outside my house at three in the morning :club:

Amelia said:

If you want to stop attracting dudes glasses are not going to help, we see right through them ... (badum tsss)

Latest posts

Back