What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't that what Atomic Blonde was supposed to be?

[youtube]yIUube1pSC0[/youtube]

It asks you to suspend reality a bit too much imo. That's why I don't think a lady Bond type movie will ever really take off. If I remember right this movie flopped as well.

TheRealCallie said:
Lol, I have never been blonde in my life.  Too much hassle since I have a natural red tint. :p

I have very generic brown hair.  Well, that is to say, I HAD it; it's pretty salt and pepper now.  So, every time I get a haircut, my elderly barber asks, "would sir like some product?"  I had thought "product" was only from sitcoms, but no.  So I replied, "sir would NOT like any product."   Then a new relationship and a mild mid-life crisis, and I caved.  I got the product.

It actually looked pretty good..

..until...

..I was expecting grey roots, but no.  It was worse.  It actually looked pretty good at first, but now, it has gone this strange, brassy colour.   

I want my grey back!  So, never again.

TheLoadedDog said:
TheRealCallie said:
Lol, I have never been blonde in my life.  Too much hassle since I have a natural red tint. :p

I have very generic brown hair.  Well, that is to say, I HAD it; it's pretty salt and pepper now.  So, every time I get a haircut, my elderly barber asks, "would sir like some product?"  I had thought "product" was only from sitcoms, but no.  So I replied, "sir would NOT like any product."   Then a new relationship and a mild mid-life crisis, and I caved.  I got the product.

It actually looked pretty good..

..until...

..I was expecting grey roots, but no.  It was worse.  It actually looked pretty good at first, but now, it has gone this strange, brassy colour.   

I want my grey back!  So, never again.

lol
My hair has been just about every color except actual blonde.  It's just hair.  If I screw up and it turns green?  Oh well, it will grow out.

Joturbo said:
Why not a female James Bond?Maybe idk  Janice or Julie why another macho geezer I'd pay to see it.

The Doctor (Doctor Who) is practically an alien James Bond (especially the 3rd Doctor). "He's" turned female this upcoming season. I think we've stirred up and pissed off enough british conservatives at the moment lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited and in fact have a framed poster of the female Doctor in my room, but, I feel entertainment these days has become too political (both sides) that it's taking away less attention from the actual writing. More moderation and less band wagonin', is all.

I wouldnt go for a female James Bond, or a black one, for the same reason I wouldn't go for a white Shaft or a non-Asian kung fu expert; it's one of the dumbest debates in Cinema today, the race or sex revisionism. A good movie starts with good writing. Unlike other characters, the Doctor was written with the possibility easily left open to becoming a woman, which is fine. Now....if the fact that being a woman brings absolutely nothing to bear on it being a good movie, its a waste of them. Instead, you know, of concentrating on CREATING (now there's a long forgotten word) a new movie or series that might, in the end, be MORE successful than James Bond will. After 60+ years, it really is getting stale.
Im still waiting for the kickass spy girl movie that wins Emmys for being more original than Bond, instead of half arsed revisionist crap that no one will remember 3 years after release, except as a hatenod (Ghostbusters, anyone?)
That's what I'm thinking right now;that people forgot what creating actually means anymore.
I'm still bitter Star Wars and Blade Runner sequels exist at all. I nearly gouged my eyes out when I heard we'll get an Indy 5 and with the talks of a recast, there's another childhood souvenir I'll have to chuck in the garbage, as if he's the only 40's character fighting against Nazis Hollywood can make movies about... You can tell Stephen Cannell passed away, he was real talented at creating originality from simple concepts. A Team, 21 Jump Street, Hunter, Greatest American Hero, Rockford Files...funny how remakes of his stuff are all we get instead of new writers trying to out-write him...

Richard_39 said:
I wouldnt go for a female James Bond, or a black one, for the same reason I wouldn't go for a white Shaft or a non-Asian kung fu expert; it's one of the dumbest debates in Cinema today, the race or sex revisionism. A good movie starts with good writing. Unlike other characters, the Doctor was written with the possibility easily left open to becoming a woman, which is fine. Now....if the fact that being a woman brings absolutely nothing to bear on it being a good movie, its a waste of them. Instead, you know, of concentrating on CREATING (now there's a long forgotten word) a new movie or series that might, in the end, be MORE successful than James Bond will. After 60+ years, it really is getting stale.
Im still waiting for the kickass spy girl movie that wins Emmys for being more original than Bond, instead of half arsed revisionist crap that no one will remember 3 years after release, except as a hatenod (Ghostbusters, anyone?)
That's what I'm thinking right now;that people forgot what creating actually means anymore.
I'm still bitter Star Wars and Blade Runner sequels exist at all. I nearly gouged my eyes out when I heard we'll get an Indy 5 and with the talks of a recast, there's another childhood souvenir I'll have to chuck in the garbage, as if he's the only 40's character fighting against Nazis Hollywood can make movies about... You can tell Stephen Cannell passed away, he was real talented at creating originality from simple concepts. A Team, 21 Jump Street, Hunter, Greatest American Hero, Rockford Files...funny how remakes of his stuff are all we get instead of new writers trying to out-write him...

The possibility of the Doctor or rather any Timelord being able to change gender was suddenly written in rather recent (In the last 5 years). So, I still kind of pen that during the current (in my opinion) overly political, entertainment age. Again, don't get me wrong, I find it all interesting and makes perfect sense to me given he/she can regenerate into someone else. I'm just looking at it fairly and factually is all. If it was done more subtle, I'd be more inclined to actually consider it 'revolutionary' and fair but Doctor Who has pushed an obvious agenda lately (and this is coming from a moderate that leans slightly more liberal). Bill felt the need to mention she was Lesbian 5 TIMES in the last series (why? lol), and countless lines were giving strong emphasis to a Pro-female outlook. Downright condescending men lol.

Take these obvious lines for example :

The Master: “Is the future going to be all girl?” / The Doctor: ”We can only hope. *Taken from the last Series' finale.

Hollywood is recognizing that box office openers are far more successful when highly influenced by nostalgia or familiarity so they are quick to green light those over anything new and original. So, I wouldn't necessarily blame it on the writers or lack of creativity. It's all about the money and whose willing to invest in the movie as well as our closed minded/brain-numbed-to-anything-new... fellow humans. :(

This is why so many Indie films are seemingly better these days, in my opinion.

Siku said:
So, I wouldn't necessarily blame it on the writers or lack of creativity. It's all about the money and whose willing to invest in the movie as well as our closed minded/brain-numbed-to-anything-new... fellow humans. :(

No argument there. But I do blame the writers, for so many different things, notwithstanding the gall and arrogance to think and boast that they can redo classic pieces of cinema better than those that came before. When you watch the poppycock coming out with different series, zstar Wars, Robocop, Blade Runner, to name only a few, or even the fact that writers have killed wrestling and turned it into a big farce of Hollywood flavored boredom... Plus the money interest of studios, Id rather watch dogs ******* on the side of the road.Better storyline.

TheRealCallie said:

And I would NEVER be insane enough to let my kids have that many sleepover mates. :club:

Callie....be like water it's going too happen :D .The slight whiff of eight teenagers all over your lounge floor at 10 o'clock on a Saturday morning and you banging around in the kitchen trying too wake them up mumbling under your breath where are the fecking parents...I've seen it in my Crystal ball.It's your kids birthday after all mate :p.

Richard_39 said:
Siku said:
So, I wouldn't necessarily blame it on the writers or lack of creativity. It's all about the money and whose willing to invest in the movie as well as our closed minded/brain-numbed-to-anything-new... fellow humans. :(

No argument there. But I do blame the writers, for so many different things, notwithstanding the gall and arrogance to think and boast that they can redo classic pieces of cinema better than those that came before. When you watch the poppycock coming out with different series, zstar Wars, Robocop, Blade Runner, to name only a few, or even the fact that writers have killed wrestling and turned it into a big farce of Hollywood flavored boredom... Plus the money interest of studios, Id rather watch dogs ******* on the side of the road.Better storyline.

I can't argue with that. I 100% agree with those few you named as I adored them all and they were all butchered by people who failed to recognize the essence of the original and thought they can do better, as you said. Huge Robocop fan actually. A lame car explosion? Really?! Lol. That took away the emotional trauma and the raw and real feeling of justice/revenge the original had. It had no 'soul' at all and they turned him into a japanese looking ninja android. :/ I'm also convinced they casted Michael Keaton in that movie just for the late 80s/early 90s nostalgia. Nothing more. Why not Peter Weller for that matter lol.

I often leave the house with wet hair. I simply don't really care. lol

Also, it looks no different whether it's wet or dry (other than the "wet" look), so it really doesn't matter in my case. :p

TheRealCallie said:
I often leave the house with wet hair.  I simply don't really care. lol

Also, it looks no different whether it's wet or dry (other than the "wet" look), so it really doesn't matter in my case. :p
Edit

Latest posts

Back