What are your thoughts on this?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Restless soul said:
Maybe you are right. And it's not worth the trouble or anymore aggravation. Hopefully the manager disciplines the woman about how to speak to people.

You shouldnt be hoping for the staff member to get into trouble., you're using facilities that arent yours, whilst not buying anything.

That being said, Ive used facilities before whilst not a customer, but I suffer with ibs, so sometimes I kinda have to go.  But if a business refuses to let me, then they refuse to let me, no big deal.

Working in retail I know why its annoying when people only come in to use the toilet, most of the public dont give a toss about how they treat public restrooms, then you get an actual customer complaining because of the state someone has left it in. 

Not to mention we've had randomers come in the past go in there, come out 20 minutes later, then oh, look at that, needle on the floor.

Bear in mind I work in a childrens toy store.

Bottom line, unless you have a medical issue, or are randomly desperate, just use your own toilet.

zibafu said:
Restless soul said:
Maybe you are right. And it's not worth the trouble or anymore aggravation. Hopefully the manager disciplines the woman about how to speak to people.

You shouldnt be hoping for the staff member to get into trouble., you're using facilities that arent yours, whilst not buying anything.

That being said, Ive used facilities before whilst not a customer, but I suffer with ibs, so sometimes I kinda have to go.  But if a business refuses to let me, then they refuse to let me, no big deal.

Working in retail I know why its annoying when people only come in to use the toilet, most of the public dont give a toss about how they treat public restrooms, then you get an actual customer complaining because of the state someone has left it in. 

Not to mention we've had randomers come in the past go in there, come out 20 minutes later, then oh, look at that, needle on the floor.

Bear in mind I work in a childrens toy store.

Bottom line, unless you have a medical issue, or are randomly desperate, just use your own toilet.
First of all I always kept the restroom clean. Did it smell? No idea. That's nature. Now, Do I want her to get into trouble or slightly reprimanded for being out of line in the way she conducts herself? Customer or not. The management agreed with. Where they just blowing smoke. But it's better they did it than what I would have said.

And I don't plan on going back after this whole ordeal.
Before I used to slip in, use the restroom. They made no bones about it since there were two always available. So I guess they felt who cares. I am sure if
I had to ask for the code each day I would have got a " sorry for customers only" and that would have ended it there. Once again, customer or not I don't feel like I commited any major transgression by using it. Not that I have to make any concessions here to anyone. Just venting, and clearing things up. They simply got sick of seeing me and wanted any excuse to tell me not to come back or it's only for customers line. Still didn't justify thier rude actions.

A business has a right to refuse service to anyone. YOU are not even a **** customer, so they have EVERY **** right to tell you to get the hell out if they so choose. They were NOT rude to you, YOU were rude to them by not adhering to their rules.

TheRealCallie said:
A business has a right to refuse service to anyone.  YOU are not even a **** customer, so they have EVERY **** right to tell you to get the hell out if they so choose.  They were NOT rude to you, YOU were rude to them by not adhering to their rules.

I think I covered every angle on this already. They were not rude. This particular individual was. I am the one that was there. Appreciate your input as always .

I wouldn't post any thing so private on here. I don't have OCD but know that people who do can have some very particular bathroom habits

Seahorse said:
I wouldn't post any thing so private on here. I don't have OCD but know that people who do can have some very particular bathroom habits

Eh, it's ok. Most are educated enough about the disorder. And most respectful and understanding for the most part

Appreciate your concern. And I was never formally diagnosed either. It's just clear to me that some of the things I do point directly to that of ocd symptoms. I do try and fight them. And maybe this chipotle thing was be giving in to it

Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:
A business has a right to refuse service to anyone.  YOU are not even a **** customer, so they have EVERY **** right to tell you to get the hell out if they so choose.  They were NOT rude to you, YOU were rude to them by not adhering to their rules.

I think I covered every angle on this already. They were not rude. This particular individual was. I am the one that was there. Appreciate your input as always .

The particular individual that WORKS there?  It doesn't matter if I was there or not.  If you aren't a customer, why do you think you should be treated like one?  Besides that, after having worked in retail, I can tell you that the customer is definitely NOT always right.

Restless soul said:
Eh, it's ok. Most are educated enough about the disorder. And most respectful and understanding for the most part

Appreciate your concern. And I was never formally diagnosed either. It's just clear to me that some of the things I do point directly to that of ocd symptoms. I do try and fight them. And maybe this chipotle thing was be giving in to it

If that's about me, I can assure you I likely know just as much, if not more about OCD than you.  At least you're finally saying you were never diagnosed.  I'm sorry, but it seems like you use that as an excuse when it suits you.  Maybe you do have a touch of OCD, but it seems a bit odd to me that you seem to WANT to label yourself. 
OCD or not has nothing to do with anything.  Stay out of places you have no business being in and start using your own bathroom.  If you generally go around the same time every day and prefer your bathroom being a certain way before you take a honeysuckle, clean it 30 minutes to 1 hour before that time.  There you go.  Problem solved.

Heads up, this is sort of gross. I used to get coffee every morning at the same place and chat with the same people. They would joke about whether the "artist" had been in yet today. So one day I asked who the "artist" was and why so funny. It was a customer that drew on the bathroom wall in poop

TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:

The particular individual that WORKS there?  It doesn't matter if I was there or not.  If you aren't a customer, why do you think you should be treated like one?  Besides that, after having worked in retail, I can tell you that the customer is definitely NOT always right.

Restless soul said:

If that's about me, I can assure you I likely know just as much, if not more about OCD than you.  At least you're finally saying you were never diagnosed.  I'm sorry, but it seems like you use that as an excuse when it suits you.  Maybe you do have a touch of OCD, but it seems a bit odd to me that you seem to WANT to label yourself. 
OCD or not has nothing to do with anything.  Stay out of places you have no business being in and start using your own bathroom.  If you generally go around the same time every day and prefer your bathroom being a certain way before you take a honeysuckle, clean it 30 minutes to 1 hour before that time.  There you go.  Problem solved.

Ok, ok. Easy now

But I did have business. That's where I went to do it
( joke ) laugh!

Callie you really have a brusque style about your replies. But I do think you mean well, otherwise I don't think you would be on a site such as this.

Latest posts

Back