What do girls see when they look at a guy?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zorg

Reaction score
What are the major things girls judge when it comes to appearance?

Also, what are some things that will turn you off?

I'm unshaven a lot and I think this may be turning off some girls as I have seen quite a few girls voice that they prefer when a guy is shaved.

I just want to feel better about myself physically, so any suggestions of things that most girls don't like will help.

Zorg said:

I'm unshaven a lot and I think this may be turning off some girls as I have seen quite a few girls voice that they prefer when a guy is shaved.

I just want to feel better about myself physically, so any suggestions of things that most girls don't like will help.

Depends on the woman. What appeals to me, might not appeal to the next female who replies on this thread.
I noticed that you mentioned shaving. Well, clean shaven is nice, but I for scruff!:p I don't mean a full grown beard, hanging down to your chest! But, a little scruff, say from a few days without shaving is nice, as long as you trim it up if you let it keep growing. :D

Again, I cant answer for anyone else, but rudeness from a guy turns me off pretty fast. Rude to strangers, especially.
Good manners are awesome! I know there will be some who don't doors held for them, but to me, it's just a nice gesture. The guy knows FULL WELL that I am capable of opening my own doors. BUT...the fact that he is willing to do it for me, is a nice thing to see a man do. :)

As for appearance...well, there are so MANY different people out there, all with different looks, that I don't want to narrow it down to something like hair and eye color.
I would say if a guy has a fairly neat appearance, that's an automatic +10. Please, no writing on your shoes with markers. :p
I've seen pics of stars looking like total poo poo, who are normally photographed as gods and goddesses. But, all it takes is one ragedy sweat shirt, some ugly clogs, and baggy sweat pants and I dont care HOW beautiful they normally look, right now they just look - messy!
I digress. Put on a smile, dress neat, be clean and have a few good manners and that's enough to get you at least noticed. :p Sorry I rambled, I just woke up. :p

Well, Eve is right, it depends on the girl. None of us can speak for another. It's all about taste and personal preference.
Myself, I like a guy who has a little facial hair. I love a nice goatee. I hate body hair. Chest hair and gorilla guy is a big turn off. I don't really have a particular style. I like guys with long hair, short, curly. I look at a guys face. If he has a handsome face and a great personality to go with it, then I find him attractive. Sometimes his looks aren't so great at first, but when I get to know him, he starts to look very appealing.
It takes more than just physical appearance is what I'm trying to say. If you look good, but you open your mouth and suddenly you're a Tard, then you probably aren't gonna get much play from a decent girl. Just be yourself, have a little class and style and the right will come along at the right time.

Irish you're a beautiful looking woman...but what i wanna know is. What's up with the mouse ?

LOL. I used to work in an animal research lab. This little guy was found orphaned at 2 days old and I raised him. He was adorable. I have 2 rats as pets atm. Very practical when you live in an apt :).

Well, Some guys look really good with beards. I think depends on the type of girl you are trying to attract. One the one hand a high maintenance type girl probably wouldn't like a guy with a scruffy beard, and likewise a more laid back hippie type girl probably would. Then of course there are hundreds of girls that would fall somewhere in between.

I've been told that my taste in guys is kind of strange. I like mostly smart/nerdy guys (white, indian, hispanic) that are funny and have good manners (I don't buy into that whole "bad boy" nonsense). I don't mind if a guy wears glasses, or has a beard. I don't care about fashion so if a guy wears jeans and t-shirts all the time thats okay with me.

Zorg said:

Try working out, weight training and/or cardio (depending on body mass index and calories burned daily). It will make a huge difference, physically, mentally and healthwise. So it will boost your confidence, give you more energy, and attract the attention from the ladies.

From past experiences i've learned that most girls like a nice set of bicep cannons :p (not that i am or ever have been a he-slut LOL)

lol...

Be a musician:p

Grow hair almost down to your ass
Have good hygenes of course
Carry yourself with a chip on your shoulder...as if to say..."ya can't have me." (people want what they can't have.lol)
Stay open..smile and don't take yourself too seriousely.
Be polite but flirty
Carry something...a book, a guitar, drum sticks, a guitar pick...something to break the ice.
Turn off the Ipods or mp3 player.
Take your shades off while talking to a girl.
Don't take a bath in calone...wear musk :p
Keep your fingure nails clean
Trim your nose hair and struff like that.
Carry gum or breathe mints
Train yourself to hold your head up high
Stroll...learn how to stroll when you walk.
When you stroll it puts a vibe of good esteem and you feel like you own the place..lol
Walk with your back up striaght
whistle when you stroll somtimes...this will put you in a lighten mood
Wear a friendship wrist band...something she can talk about to break the ice.

You know....just like the mouse Irish was talking about....

I've had never used a pick up line before...I think most women find that a trun off...it's not natural.
A smile works better for me...it saids alot

Oh yeah...open the doors for the ladies.
Don't sit down before she dose.
Chivery is not dead.
Have good table manners...don't eat with your month open...elbows off the table. Little details like that.
Sit up striaght...be attentive.

If your on a first date..if you both have to make your way through a crowd..
Here's your change to take her by the hands and lead her. (body contacts)
If she walks in front of you...slightly touch her on her lower back...as if you're supporting her.
Try to sit by her side...not in front of her. The stupid things on the table will create a boundary between you.
If she's wearing bractlet or a watch...make an excuse to touch her braclet.lol
If she has nails..compliment her on her nails...this way you get to play with her hands right off the bat.lol
It's not the braclet or nails...you're making body contacts with her...You can't do that if you're sitting across from her.
Plus you have an excuse to read the menu together and make dicisions together...chit chat and break the ice.

When out in public or taking a walk together...walk side by side with her.

Don't talk with your arms crossed...lmao

Try not to look at other women if you're on a date...lmao
Listen...learnd to listen to her..you don't have to agree with her or even form an oppinon...just listen.:p

Be nice the the witress...tell the waitress thanks all the time...especailly the good looking ones.
(you'll figure it out.lol)

Don't complian about anything...Give it 3 months until after you move in with her..lmao

All of the women I've been with loves my long hair. My ex likes scruffs on me..(my boss dosn't lmao)
I'm slender but have decent body tone. Excercizing helps witn my mental healthy too.

I have military back grounds...so those triats or dicipline are still within me even though I have a sort of
bad boy look..

There's subtle little details...such as my gig line of my shirt and pants will line up.
My belts are properly alined
My shirt arn't wrinkled.
There's no threads sticking out of my clothe becuase I've trimmed them.
My shoes are clean and arnt totally worn out.

Wear clean socks..lmao
Clean your apt..or where you live...even under the couch.
No dirty dishes in the sink. Clean the frigg.
Keep the bath room nice and Clean...such as scrubbing that tiolet and shower.
WHY ????...becuase you never gonna know when she wants to come over.

Keep your car spotless and clean ( in the back seat too...)
WHY...becuase ya never know when she just wanna go parking :p

Try to keep clean....the ladies likes clean guys.
You can have the ruff on the edges looks...but ya gotta be clean..
That's why...keep your hands and fingers clean if you wanna touch her..lol
Keep yourself clean...if you want her to touch you:p

I don't have any tatoos or piercing...this way I'm nutrual

Lol for me, whatever Eve said and almost whatever Crow said :p

If we're only talking about appearance then I'm very attracted to a nice smile and eyes.
Cleanliness is a must! And wearing a nice cologne/deodorant is veeeery good :D
I like both no facial hair and a few days scruff/goatee.
I prefer short hair, just so that it can't be put in a ponytail, that's the length limit for me lol.
I like both straight and wavy hair, but not curly.
I do love muscles on a guy, as long as he doesn't look like a scary body builder lol.
Nicely toned biceps, pecks and abs are good. And a nice firm ass lol.
However, that doesn't mean that I will get turned off or turn down a guy who isn't toned.
I do love to hug a guy who has something to hug, not just skin and bones :p
Are we talking about clothes too? If we are then I prefer guys who wear proper shirts,
not the horrid round necked t-shirts, at least when out in public lol.

lmao...nastay

I take a bath with bubble gum smellin shampoo.
I smell and taste like bubble gum:p

let me pinch my ass...yeap they're still firm..lmao

Lonesome Crow said:
lmao...nastay

I take a bath with bubble gum smellin shampoo.
I smell and taste like bubble gum:p

let me pinch my ass...yeap they're still firm..lmao

Nah pickles and bubble gum don't do it for me :p

Zorg said:

a few things:
is he good in bed, is he good fiancially, is he good for a laugh, is he commited and maybe is he a good foot rubber

Hmmmm, what do I notice first on a guy?..... Physically, I guess the first thing I notice is how tall a guy is. I also notice his eyes. I look to see what he is looking at on me. I try to follow his eyes. I try to read his body language and listen to what he is saying too.

From my experience :
When I am walking on the street there are girls that looks at me with longing eyes because of my blue ones and others that looks at me with mocking eyes because of my body.

When I was your age I heard behind me in one hour girls talking like:

"- Poor guy"
"- What can such creep do to you?"

and

-"Wow. I am in love"
-"Do you like him too?"

I was in Hell and next hour in Heaven.

But please believe me, forget about appeareance, work at your mind. The rest will come by itself.

fern said:
Well, Some guys look really good with beards. I think depends on the type of girl you are trying to attract. One the one hand a high maintenance type girl probably wouldn't like a guy with a scruffy beard, and likewise a more laid back hippie type girl probably would. Then of course there are hundreds of girls that would fall somewhere in between.

I've been told that my taste in guys is kind of strange. I like mostly smart/nerdy guys (white, indian, hispanic) that are funny and have good manners (I don't buy into that whole "bad boy" nonsense). I don't mind if a guy wears glasses, or has a beard. I don't care about fashion so if a guy wears jeans and t-shirts all the time thats okay with me.

So, can I email you? :)

I actually go ga-ga over Indian guys. Almost every indian guy I see i start drooling. Theyre just so freakin handsome!

Mostly though I usually see guys as beautiful works of art. To be looked at and appreciated but not talked to >_>. Lots of guys are handsome :)

I guess im not too particular. Chest hair is a turn off though.

Big bushy beard.. scare me.. I always used to think my dad could store food and stuff in his beard when I was a kid...

Facial hair. None to a trimmed beard.. idk the right word. i like scruffy :) makes me want touch their face. Hair. Niicee hair I can run my hands through.. that is a MAJOR plus.. it shouldnt be super long but its alright if it is. Im short :( so guys are usually always taller than me... so thats nothing I have to worry about. Idk why but I always look at shoes. I like seeing what shoes they have on...

I dont like it when they're REALLY skinny and bony. Tight jeans... eww..

Latest posts

Back