What do I do now...everybody hates me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piki

Reaction score
Hi I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

Alright so I just quit playing this highly addictive online game known as World of Warcraft (wow) 2 days ago. Before I played, I would go out on weekends and talk with my friends...but I stopped because I gave them up for this game.

But before I quit, I ignored my in-game friends(who were my only friends) when they tried to comfort me because I was acting strange in how I talked. However I still ignored them and deleted my characters,uninstalled the game,cancelled account,bash laptop (parents don't know yet, typing on my ipad) and change password to a random name.

My parents get mad at me for playing, and still think I do. I am bad at socializing (I always cut the conversation short.) My brother is in college so he's gone. I work at school from 7 in the morning and come back at 6:00 PM (I stay for student council and cheerleading.) But when I got home I would just play WoW, now I just run straight to my room and lay in my bed. And I keep dreaming of my online friends it's weird. I also have ADD and an addictive personality. Now I have no friends since I just gave my last ones up.

I even used to cut myself a few years ago and just started doing it again like a week ago. It feels good and makes me resist the temptation of gaming, although I have to keep my arms covered because if my parents find out I am going to get kicked out of the house (I'm 18 now.)

Taking exposed pictures of myself is another thing I do, but I think that's against the forum rules to talk about so I won't go in detail there.

So now that you somewhat know about my story, I would like help with a few things:
-How do I make my real life friends like me again?
-How do I get along with my parents?
-What else can I do as a hobby to pass time?

Thanks guys :) I hope to feel better soon

Hi Piki :)

Maybe you should call or send a text message to your friends to see if they want to do something with you.

Welcome to the forum Piki. Maybe if you read some of the posts you will find there are lots of us with similar problems and make new friends here. You can PM ppl. Most are caring. Hope you like us and stick around.

Punisher said:
Hi Piki :)

Maybe you should call or send a text message to your friends to see if they want to do something with you.

I tried texting my friends but they don't have my number anymore... It feels wierd trying to call them after years of not doing it. Maybe asking them in person would work.

/shrug

Welcome to the forum! :D

Congrats on dropping WoW... that honeysuckle sucks your life away, seriously. -_- Glad you've made the decision to rejoin real life! :) See you around the site!

Welcome Piki.
Just got here myself a couple of days ago.
I play a game over at Facebook (Mafia Wars) so I know how intense it can get; I freaking love it and I enjoy the people who play it with me. I think the trick is keeping the game in its place so that it doesn't take over your life. But other than that, I don't see any harm in playing a game, anymore than being on a forum.

Maybe you could just apologize to your friends for having dumped them. There are a lot of situations in life where the only thing to do is apologize.

Welcome,

I too, from time to time, assume people don't like me . . for no reason.
This is bad!
I really don't think that your old friends would mind if you gave them a call to see how they're doing . . or if they want to go out.
If you were good friends once, you can be good friends again.
The worst thing they can say is no :p.

About the cutting,
If you insist on continuing . . .
Stop doing it on the arm, switch it to somewhere less visible,
Like upper/lower leg.
I don't see you having any trouble hiding cuts while wearing pants all winter :p.

Best of luck.

OK... first of all... It was a great move to quit Wow. Now to start with life, you stay back for cheerleading and stuff you said yeah? You can easily make a ton of friends, just initiate one move and thats enough. I have ADD too and I know how bad it can get. Just try doing different things and it might help. Idk how to cope with it either, just sucks away half of my fun in life. Cutting self is not that good. I dont understand the pleasure of it. I mean... Idk.. how can you resist any urge by cutting self? You can get infected jeez!! Maybe just slap yourself or punch or something, that would be better. Exposed pics = NO You will regret it later so get out of that habit asap. Try concentrating a bit more on school. Its going to be hard first but eventually you will get that drive. and welcome to the forum. Good luck.

Dehydra said:
Welcome Piki.
Just got here myself a couple of days ago.
I play a game over at Facebook (Mafia Wars) so I know how intense it can get; I freaking love it and I enjoy the people who play it with me. I think the trick is keeping the game in its place so that it doesn't take over your life. But other than that, I don't see any harm in playing a game, anymore than being on a forum.

Maybe you could just apologize to your friends for having dumped them. There are a lot of situations in life where the only thing to do is apologize.

I guess you are right, but keeping video games in moderation with an addictive is almost impossible. Yea maybe I will just have to suck it up and apologize, the earlier I do it the better it seems

Thanks everybody for the replies and warm welcomes :)

Right on.
Most people respond fairly well to a sincere apology - so long as you haven't done some horrific permanent damage to them - because most people realize that ANYONE can screw up.

They know that they too might very well have apologies to make, sooner or later.

Maybe one or two people might try to lord it over you, but you can just write them off as examples of how earthly life can never be perfect.

I have an addictive personality too; if you want to know a trick I finally figured out, you can message me.

So today went well I think, talked to friends for a bit but now I want to play WoW again and I know I will regret doing it... It keeps hurting me mentally since I have been doing it for so long. I am probably going to cut myself tonight to make myself feel better... On the shoulder.

Hi Piki,

I just read your post, in fact this is the first post i'm reading in this forum. The best part is that I can relate you to myself. I know how it feels, but let me tell you something. I'm not a pro when it comes to giving you my opinions about how to live your life. Anyways lemme give it a shot.

Firstly, I don't think the problem here is the games that you play. What I think is that those games are your shell. Yes, a shell. You were in that shell from long time and now you are out.(Aren't you feeling a lil sensitive to light ;-) Just kidding) I'm not sure what chased you to hide inside that shell. May be lack of good, trust worthy friends or may be some other reason.

Anyways, the best thing that you can do to yourself is to give it a break. Yes, give it a break to everything. Your game, haunting for new/old friends. Just give it a rest.

Like I said, you just crawled out of your shell and trust me you can be a victim to all kind of nasty crap. Meaning, trying to reach out to your old friends( I don't think that a good idea). Also, don't be desperate to make some new friends( You might end up making the wrong decision).

All I suggest now, is give some time to your self. Slowly things will fall in its place. You might get your old friends back and who knows may be some new lovely ones too. :) Chillax

Dear Piki,

1. If you're cutting you need to seek professional help, it's a serious problem take it from one who knows.
2. Wow may not be your problem as someone else said, it's a symptom of a problem just like the cutting (besides there are much better MMO's :)
3. Your parents are ******* asshats, get away from them as soon as possible. They haven't a clue about what's going on with you and I would bet my last dollar if you get the hell away from the environment your in most of your Obsessive compulsive behavior would stop. Your 18, you don't have to stay there.

Lastly, if you really want to be alive and well, seriously Piki, look at the suicide rates for cutters. They're at the top of the chart. I know a lot more then most on this subject, the what and why's and it's serious.

I understand the ADD but how was it determined that you have an addictive personality at the age of 18?

AncientBard said:
Dear Piki,

1. If you're cutting you need to seek professional help, it's a serious problem take it from one who knows.
2. Wow may not be your problem as someone else said, it's a symptom of a problem just like the cutting (besides there are much better MMO's :)
3. Your parents are ******* asshats, get away from them as soon as possible. They haven't a clue about what's going on with you and I would bet my last dollar if you get the hell away from the environment your in most of your Obsessive compulsive behavior would stop. Your 18, you don't have to stay there.

Lastly, if you really want to be alive and well, seriously Piki, look at the suicide rates for cutters. They're at the top of the chart. I know a lot more then most on this subject, the what and why's and it's serious.

I understand the ADD but how was it determined that you have an addictive personality at the age of 18?

Thanks for the input, just came back after being away from my thread for days.

Anyways:

1. My parents can't know that I cut, or anyone else... if they found out I'm gone. So no professional help.

2. Yes I did overreact to playing a video game and played it too much, I try to take it in moderation but can't. Which means I just have to quit it altogether.

3. I do want to get away from them, trying to go to college on the East Coast (I'm from California), would feel really good starting life fresh again.

ADD sucks, but from my experiences and from what I have been told, I have an addictive personality too. I cut myself and it helps me deal with not playing any video game.

Thank you :)

Shapeshifter said:
Hi Piki,

I just read your post, in fact this is the first post i'm reading in this forum. The best part is that I can relate you to myself. I know how it feels, but let me tell you something. I'm not a pro when it comes to giving you my opinions about how to live your life. Anyways lemme give it a shot.

Firstly, I don't think the problem here is the games that you play. What I think is that those games are your shell. Yes, a shell. You were in that shell from long time and now you are out.(Aren't you feeling a lil sensitive to light ;-) Just kidding) I'm not sure what chased you to hide inside that shell. May be lack of good, trust worthy friends or may be some other reason.

Anyways, the best thing that you can do to yourself is to give it a break. Yes, give it a break to everything. Your game, haunting for new/old friends. Just give it a rest.

Like I said, you just crawled out of your shell and trust me you can be a victim to all kind of nasty crap. Meaning, trying to reach out to your old friends( I don't think that a good idea). Also, don't be desperate to make some new friends( You might end up making the wrong decision).

All I suggest now, is give some time to your self. Slowly things will fall in its place. You might get your old friends back and who knows may be some new lovely ones too. :) Chillax

:)

You are right about gaming being my shell, I guess people can play normally (most people) but I use it to escape from reality instead of fun.

Maybe I can come back to playing them, but ya a break from them sounds like a good alternative.

Welcome to the forum Piki! This is the perfect place to revive yourself and help others at the same time.
I used to play games like WoW, but I quit with the help of talking it out in the form of writing, the type of speech I am the best at. But, I instead played free MMORPGs, you see.
Firstly, a topic I wish to discuss which has been pondering me myself - and has to do a lot with this website: Do online friends really count as friends if you've never seen them in real life?
I think that sometime, you will come to this site, and a person will reply to your thread, and say that we care. A reaction I oftenly get is, who are you? You don't know me, I don't know you. But, the fact that somebody is actually posting in a reply from their computer, trying to help, should mean something.
I really hope and think I will make a lot of friends on this website, and they will never know my name (not the Incognito), but they will be my friend. Together, we will get through the problems through the new form of communication called the WWW.

I have no experience in cutting - as I am not a physically depressed person who wants to suicide or cut. I have mental distress that gives me pains, but I don't deliberately have these pains, and they are part of the illness.

Making friends in real life is quite simple. I am still in school so - the number one place seems to be there. Some of the older members may know more about finding friends, but from my experience, I see that a lot of friends are made from either work or school. Do you go to either? Try to find people that sit/work near you, and talk to them. I made some really great friends from people sitting next to me in classes, which is why most groups form off of letter combinations. A majority of my friends have last names close to mine. But that may not apply to you. But forget the internet and school and try to talk to that kid next to you! Make up any conversation or try to join another. If they reject you, try with another group! Make sure to be able to lean in and act like them, and to make friends, you have to relate.

Getting along with your parents - I can't dwell into that because I am suffering from the same problem.

As for hobbies, well, there are quite a few things to do. After staying cooped up so long, I would try and go outside. A good site to find all kinds of hobbies is http://notsoboringlife.com/ Huge variety of hobbies, and just think about what you can or can not do.

I hope this helped, and if you need to talk, PM me! :]

I really want to play WoW again but I do not want to... It hurts from withdrawal so I did one huge cut on my arm.

Latest posts

Back