what do u work as or mainly do if unemployed

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jilted John said:
40 hours? Is the weather nice on Pluto?

Even Pluto got demoted. Remember? Not a planet anymore due to budget cuts and what not. Shame really.

Me?

I peddle my intellectual wares, cold calling from one street pharmacist to another until I'm satisfied that I've bestowed as much complete and utter nonsense as I'm capable of. It takes much less than forty hours a week for me to do so and I'm able to work from home when the need arises. Salary is honeysuckle too now that I think about it.

:club:

Nice alliterations IO.

40 hours? Ha. My days are endless periods of breathing, placing one foot in front of another, and moving through the muck of life trying to stay sane enough to avoid the funny farm. I am a home parent, tinkerer, grower of plants that always die young, thinker, erstwhile writer, and shameless expositor of bullshit and prophet of doom. I also cook dinner and do laundry.

I am self employed, so you might say 40 hours of my week are spent asleep or relaxing, while I work the rest of the time.

Naleena said:
fightclub said:
just interested in what people do 40 hrs of their life a wk

I spend my hours with dying people and their families.....

Do you work for a Hospice? I stayed with my mom inpatient Hospice here. Incredible bunch of people!

I help people get the right tool for their job whether it's DIY'ers or contractors, and I also take care of the local payables, receivables, inventory, orders, repairs, maintenance, business reports, and cleaning of the facilities. On the side we help people move by providing trucks or trailers.

I assist doctors during examinations and treatments of sick people. Though lately I've just been lying at home, sick.

I work seasonal jobs while going to school. Whenever I have a little cash I tend to travel, it's one of the only things I care to spend money on. Plus if you're willing to travel alone, stay in hostels/couchsurf, hitchhike/bike ride, busk, cook your own food/eat cheaply and work for room + board then you'll find a little green can go a very long way.

I work for my dad's antiques business. I would do things like loading and unloading the truck and trailer and repairing things, until he closed up his shop. Now all I do is maintain the website which sells smaller items. I miss going to all the antique shops and malls. Those places are like time capsules in some respect.

If I'm not doing that, there's always property maintenance and house cleaning...

That interesting stuff I work as a supportworker in mental health, Foxo your time sounds very interesting have you ever thought of blogging it it would be like a real hitch hikers guide. I have a site on my own brand of T shirts as I like doing Graphics like you bread, I also have art work in the royal college of Art looking at my very very mild mental health health condition that I like talking about but some times gets boring explaining for the hundreth time, but part of it makes me a bad speller so sorry about that.

Latest posts

Back