What do you define, as crossing the borders of the friendzone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrinceOfPeace

Reaction score
I have a friend who at the begining of our friendship seemed like she was crossing the boundaries of the friendshipzone, knowing I had a girlfriend at the time, little gestures & touching caressing my arm, running her fingers down my face while she would talk to me standing in my personal space, looking into my eyes, she even slapped my butt one time, and constantly asked me to come out with her to movies and bars, these to me are things you wouldnt do to another persons partner,we argued about this when I raised the question, then she later apologised for giving me the wrong idea, but now that I look back after knowing her for some time now, I think I may have been mistaken, so my question, is what do you define as crossing the borders of the friendzone, and if someone acted this way to you, would you have taken it the same way I did? This is an open discussion guys and girls so please feel free to comment,looking foward to the feedback thank you.

I think it will always depend on the individual. Some people are just really touchy-feely and don't think much of it when they touch and hug people.

EveWasFramed said:
I think it will always depend on the individual. Some people are just really touchy-feely and don't think much of it when they touch and hug people.

Yeah I agree, now that Ive known her a while Ive got to see that she is the affectionate type, I guess its just that I wouldnt walk up to sum other guys girl, get in her personal space carress her and touch her spank her butt, asking to constantly come out with me because to me that would seem disrespectful to her partner, so maybe its just me, I took it the wrong way, but if so why would she then apollogise if shes done nothing wrong?

PrinceOfPeace said:
EveWasFramed said:

Yeah I agree, now that Ive known her a while Ive got to see that she is the affectionate type, I guess its just that I wouldnt walk up to sum other guys girl, get in her personal space carress her and touch her spank her butt, asking to constantly come out with me because to me that would seem disrespectful to her partner, so maybe its just me, I took it the wrong way, but if so why would she then apollogise if shes done nothing wrong?

Oh Im not so sure you took that particular person (her actions) the wrong way. Unless she knew you really well and you guys were pretty close, I think the butt spanking is a bit much for "friends."
BUT - that's just ME and I can't speak for everyone.
Trust me - if I touch your ass, and it was on purpose, I WANT you.

EveWasFramed said:

I know a guy who's very huggy. There are some people who are attracted to something they can't have.

A lady touching your face while you were in a relationship? You must be one handsome guy.

She must have been totally into you no questions asked.

OMGRalph_Furley.gif

EveWasFramed said:
PrinceOfPeace said:
EveWasFramed said:

... Trust me - if I touch your ass, and it was on purpose, I WANT you.

Seriously, I am not trolling you, but you have been on a role lately!:D

perfanoff said:
A lady touching your face while you were in a relationship? You must be one handsome guy.

She must have been totally into you no questions asked.

Well thats exactly how I took it,but I may have read to much into it and nah Im not a good looking guy at all, Im a beast in every sense of the word lol, Its my gentle nature thats attractive I guess.

Yes, I think that the face touching was more than just friendship or being touchy feely. I may touch a person's arm lightly when saying something, but would never touch someone's face unless I was in a romantic relationship with them.

touchy-feely women confuse the hell out of me.
I always get the wrong impression and then end up getting hurt.

EveWasFramed said:
Oh Im not so sure you took that particular person (her actions) the wrong way. Unless she knew you really well and you guys were pretty close, I think the butt spanking is a bit much for "friends."
BUT - that's just ME and I can't speak for everyone.
Trust me - if I touch your ass, and it was on purpose, I WANT you.

(Trust me - if I touch your ass, and it was on purpose, I WANT you)Thats exactly how I took it, because I would think the same way,If I touched you like that I'd be making a statement & there would be absolutely no mistaking my intentions (grabs Eve's Butt..ons)
on your blouse!!! get you head out of the gutter Eve!!!

Tiina63 said:
Yes, I think that the face touching was more than just friendship or being touchy feely. I may touch a person's arm lightly when saying something, but would never touch someone's face unless I was in a romantic relationship with them.

Thank you, its nice to hear another female's perspective, and that some of her gestures were more appropriate for a romantic relationship

blackdot said:
touchy-feely women confuse the hell out of me.
I always get the wrong impression and then end up getting hurt.

I know what you mean, I think she got hurt by me confronting her, she didnt expect that but luckily this has actualy brought us closer together & were both very respectful of eachother & know exactly where we both stand

Sci-Fi said:
There are some people who are attracted to something they can't have.

This I think was a major part of the reason she acted the way she did towards me, this girl is so beautiful but because I never fused over her or talked to her with the intentions of dating her like every other guy does, it made her want to realy get to know me,then when I turned her advances away because I loved my girl friend and confronted her on them she found a great respect for me.

As touchy-feely as I am, I personally find asking a man (without hi) to a bar to be disrespectful. While I hear what you're saying, my spidey senses tingle with a differing opinion. Would she slap you butt in front of your girlfriend? Would she do those same things in front of your girllfriend? I will hug anyone, but if I slap your butt, its because its a hot one that needs a good spanking.

PrinceOfPeace said:
]

(Trust me - if I touch your ass, and it was on purpose, I WANT you)Thats exactly how I took it, because I would think the same way,If I touched you like that I'd be making a statement & there would be absolutely no mistaking my intentions (grabs Eve's Butt..ons)
on your blouse!!! get you head out of the gutter Eve!!!

You think MY mind is in the gutter? WTF were you doing playing with the BUTTons on my blouse? :p lol

Naleena said:
As touchy-feely as I am, I personally find asking a man (without hi) to a bar to be disrespectful. While I hear what you're saying, my spidey senses tingle with a differing opinion. Would she slap you butt in front of your girlfriend? Would she do those same things in front of your girllfriend? Touchyfeely is not

When I confronted her about her behaviour she got angry and said things that I will not repeat because I dont want to disrespect her in any way, so I have actualy left them out of the thread, but you raised a good point ''Would she do those same things in front of your girllfriend?'' no I dont believe she would

Latest posts

Back