What do you do in your spare time?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The-One

Reaction score
Everyone has to either work or be in education with other people. Or have other unavoidable things to do in life.

So what is that you do when there is nothing structured or planned where you are with other people? When you are alone by definition and lonely by default.

This is my life. This picture speaks it all, which was originally taken for other forums (well I'm also trying to learn piano by myself on a digital keyboard which isn't included in the shot)

http://i43.tinypic.com/scc8m1.jpg

I read a lot. I love to write, but I don't do anywhere near as much of it as I should. I play music, and I watch a LOT of dvds.

By the way, The-One, how do you like your split keyboard?

Increasingly, read posts on here and a couple of other forums. Read, not as much as I'd like. Listen to music, not as much as I'd like. Walk around town with my girlfriend, far more than I'd like.

I usually hang out in the internetz actually.

There's so much to do on it! :)

SophiaGrace said:
I usually hang out in the internetz actually.

There's so much to do on it! :)

Very true! Like, Wikipedia, whice I worship in all it's imperfection. :)

Music is probably my biggest passion, not just listening but learning, understanding, expanding my tastes and so on. I also want to create music on my own, I'll get there someday!

I also love computer / video games, reading books, watching movies, or just thinking / daydreaming. Any for of escapism is wonderful in my opinion. :p

Collect music, take care of pets, read comic books, play video games....

I have a bunch of hobbies aimed at people half my age... *sigh*

Chat on msn to all my friends, or sometimes i go around to their house and play a few games with them...not much to do really in our shite town, then there's my 360 and my darts so my leisure time's probably 90% and 100% wasted when i should be doing other stuff.

I'm not totally Well at the moment. My life is not structured anymore.
I need to do some soul serching, make a plan or something. None of it sticks.lol
Everything has become a struggle for me now...simple task I used to do in minutes would take me days.

Everything that i do now, I pretty much have to force myself. At one piont in my life these
activities I found fulfilling and enjoyable...Even my job or work.
Now everything has lost luster or it all seems meaningless to me.
Yes...yes..I need to change my attitude...but it dosn't stick.

Whether it's my job, shores, or just kicking back...it's all spare time to me now.
Bascailly forcing myself to live...I don't know what the hell is wrong with me.
Actaully i do...but it dosn't matter oneway or the other anymore.
I found a magic switch..yes i know how to trun it on. I can chose to be happy if I want to..
It's all in my fucken head tho....
I feel empty and dead inside. Maybe it's my soul or spirit...I don't fucken know what the hell it is and i'm not going to anylize
it anymore. Something is not right, that's why i say I'm not well.
Err...yeah i suppost so..by defualt I'm fucken lonely...She's fucken dead. That honeysuckle is not right, it never was.

I have a job that I go to sometimes. It helps me a little bit.
I surf the web a bit...serching for data or informations. Lots of self help stuff.
I'll flirt with girls. The same song and dance.
I attend my support group meetings everyday..for a couple of hours I force myself to be around people.
I play my guitar
I collect or download music.
I lift wiegths
I play with my puppy
I take a walk at the park.
I read alot of books
I write in my journal
I kick back near the pool in my back yard.

Okay my spare time is spent walking, watching tv and on the internet and when I go to the library I read books as well, quite boring. But I did manage to get out of the house for about 3 hours, I went to an indian festival and watched them dance, listened to the music which was really good and eat food.

I watch a lot of movies, play some guitar, maybe some video/computer games although they don't keep me very interested for long like they used to. Give my plants some love and attention. Spend some time on the internet, but trying to avoid too long sessions. Semi-recovering internet addict. Not much more interesting stuff going on in my life I'm afraid

Ordered some Spanish learning books. Been wanting to learn another language for a long time now. That should keep me occupied for a while!

When it gets a little warmer, it's time to take out the bike. I love my bike

I kinda enjoy cleaning and doing laundry. I like the feel of doing something useful. Especially with some good music in the background ^^

Hey The_one that's a really hot computer workstation you got there... makes my logitechs look like choc liver.

I like to do nerdy things like listen to university lectures on www.videolectures.net, download music, watch arty films, I meet up with my ex housemate/friend for meditation sessions where we debrief about our struggling spiritual wellbeing, go for a bike ride, take up another hobby, post and read on a load of forums and blogs. Read about other people's lives and maybe live vicariously through them. Stalk my ex gf on facebook and see what she gets up to. Sometimes I'll find a crazy girl to date have her get crazy obsessed with me so I don't feel so lonely. That usually doesn't fix much though.

Latest posts

Back