What do you do when you cant sleep?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

Last night I couldnt sleep, for 3 hours. I tossed and turned...and then tossed some more.

Finally I got up, ate a snack, drugged myself with some tylenol and then went back to bed and slept soundly.

What do you guys do to alleviate insomnia?

I have really bad insomnia. Its 8 am and Ive been up all night ( at least an hour here, looking at ancient posts )

There is an herb that you can buy...its called Melatonin. Its not a medicine, just an herb.

It can help you sleep.

I don't do anything. I just let the insomnia run its course. Eventually I'll sleep, even if it takes a night or two.

I always put music that I want to listen in the night in my mp3 player. I turn it on whiles I am in bed waiting to get sleepy. When I get very sleepy, I will turn it off and wait to fall asleep.

I have a flow chart for this.

vxno9i.jpg

Lately I have also been trying music, but I haven't worked it in to the chart yet.

SophiaGrace said:
What do you guys do to alleviate insomnia?

I usually get up and read or watch a dvd or whatever mindless honeysuckle is on tv at that time until I feel drowsy.

I used to be dependent on Rx sleep meds and don't ever want to go down that road again. Bad side effects. Blech.

I hope your sleep pattern returns to normal, Soph. ((((Soph))))

Brian said:
I have a flow chart for this.

Lately I have also been trying music, but I haven't worked it in to the chart yet.

That flow chart was awesome, Brian. lol

Lmao Brian!

I only sleep soundly when I drink alcohol. Which sucks, because I have no wish to become an alcoholic.

LOL Brian.

All I do is stay up, maybe play some games and listen to my iPod. Something is bound to make me bored enough to be tired enough to sleep. :>

eris said:
I have really bad insomnia. Its 8 am and Ive been up all night ( at least an hour here, looking at ancient posts )

There is an herb that you can buy...its called Melatonin. Its not a medicine, just an herb.

It can help you sleep.

Melatonin isn't an herb. It's a hormone created by the pineal gland (also known as the "third eye")

If i can't sleep i have three things to do until my eye get drowsy.
1st - I read books,
2nd - I listen music with my eyes closed in bed. and
3rd - I play with my mobile until i fell asleep.
Most of the time these things have worked.

Actually , melatonin is both

If you can tell by my avatar, I know all about the pineal gland.

I think it has someting to do with skin color, too. but that may be the chemical that does that...

melatonin.jpg

Latest posts

Back