What do you do while alone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watch TV series that I've downloaded, browse the internet, write programs, listen to music, attempt to crack programs and read; listed in descending order of frequency. I used to sleep a lot more, but lately the aforementioned activities have been keeping me up all hours and I'm not getting enough sleep. Feast or famine with me I suppose :\.

I used to feel sorry for myself a lot more than I have been recently. I really can't account for it either. Maybe it's because I'm keeping busy and just can't find time to feel sorry for myself. I still occasionally feel lonely, but only when I'm around people who are talking about their relationships. I don't think about it on my own anymore! I've also had a decreased sex drive. I haven't masturbated in almost 2 weeks, and haven't even wanted to.

I'm very happy with these changes of mindset, and hope they last.

Van Hooligan said:
alone van thinks, and then when i think i either get depressed or feel like stabbing my ex girlfriend
For me, something like that, except that it's not her that I feel like stabbing but rather myself.

I try to read or watch tv. I've also started to get high A LOT. Its gotten to the point where it's kind of scary so I'm trying to cut back but that has completely ruined my concentration.

Unfortunately, when I'm completely lucid, all I want to do is lie in bed and think about why my life is in the rut it is. If I didn't have to go to work, I don't think I would ever leave my bed. It just takes more and more effort with each day and only the possibility that I might be needed at work keeps me going. Otherwise, I just feel completely useless, which just makes me depressed.

I am by myself most of the time, so, quite alot of things! Then again, it sometimes feels like the days just pass by without me doing much anything. I think alot though, whice might explain it. I guess I tend to 'live in my head' a bit much, then again, that's not all bad when everything around you suck. :)

I also consantly get stuck at the computer, but I truly enjoy it, playing games, listening to my precious music, chatting to people, reading about / learning new things and so on. Oh, and I sleep alot, usually for longer periods than I'm awake. :p

Some things I would like to do more of in the future includes: writing, practicing playing the guitar / bass, reading books and actually going outside every now and then. ;)

Latest posts

Back