What do you miss about childhood?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
punisher said:
I want an Italian grandmother :(

She used to take me to the most amazing ice cream shops lol Banana splits, God how I remember eating the best ice cream Banana splits :D

You can come a long has well. Am sure she well adopt you. She very much has an open home. Anyone and every one is always welcome. She has took enough ppl in, in her time. She has 27 grand kids and to many great grand kids so one moor adopted one would not make no difference llol

Bluey said:
punisher said:

She used to take me to the most amazing ice cream shops lol Banana splits, God how I remember eating the best ice cream Banana splits :D

You can come a long has well. Am sure she well adopt you. She very much has an open home. Anyone and every one is always welcome. She has took enough ppl in, in her time. She has 27 grand kids and to many great grand kids so one moor adopted one would not make no difference llol

YAY!!! :D

She sounds amazing Bluey, you're lucky to have someone special like her :)

punisher said:
Bluey said:
punisher said:

YAY!!! :D

She sounds amazing Bluey, you're lucky to have someone special like her :)

I am yes, She can be hard work through and very argumentative but I should have moor time with her. I well miss her terribly when shes gone.

Brian said:
Bah. Ether works great for golf ball cannons, dunno what you did wrong :p

It might be the atmosphere pressure where i live ...I'm not sure.
I'm right around sea level.
Either or starting fuild was the frist thing I tried and didn't work
worht a darn.

I used spuds...Maybe it was becuase the spud had to be sholved
in to make a tighter seal..so it need more kick :p

Lamo...acidtone and aluminun in a 2 liter soda bottle.
Run like hell because of the acid...lmao

1. Being free spirited
2. Not worrying about finding someone to love
3. Not having to pay rent, phone, food, loans, and every ounce of air I breath (****** debts!)
4. Hearing the tales my grandma used to tell me. May she rest in peace, I still love you.

1. Licking the bowl after mom made a cake and not worring about getting fat.

2. Discovering how my penis works.

3. The Dukes of Hazzard.

4. Mashing fireflies on the headlights of my toy trucks so I could play after dark.

5. The warm brick my mom would wrap in a towel and put at the foot of my bed to keep me warm.

6. And Bunny (a toy rabbit that was my best friend)

1. looking at the world through a childs eyes.
2. not having a care in the world.
3. the funny little groups in music like s club 7 lol

1. Having freedom
2. Having less problems and trouble to think about
3. WhenI was tired, I could just cry out loud and someone would be there to comfort me.
4. Not having heavy responsibility
5. Seeing the world as simple place
6. Having much more innocent friends who easily revealed what they were thinking.

I miss that it was okay to sit in a barber's chair and pretend it was the cockpit of a fighter jet. My dad doesn't miss it, though. He was pretty embarassed; the barber shop was very busy that day.

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
1. Licking the bowl after mom made a cake and not worring about getting fat.

Yes, That was good. I remember doing that.

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
2. Discovering how my penis works.

haha, trying to see how many wanks you can have in a day was fun LMAO
Ye that one was one of the best lol

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
3. The Dukes of Hazzard.

Ye that was a good program. Used to watch that. And the film. That Jessica Simpson. man shes fine lol

I hated my childhood and am glad it's over, but I do miss not having a cluttered mind and perpetually racing thoughts. You know, not over-analyzing every little detail.

I can remember moments of being carefree and innocent. Those are what I miss.

I was never carefree and innocent...but I miss not having so much responsibility on my head.

I'm inclined to say that I miss getting so excited over fun things. Being 37yo, not much excites me like it did when I was a child. Getting new toys for Christmas, the summer off of school, staying up late with my family watching television.

There is something about being a child and always finding things fun to do that I really miss. My first video game console was the "ColecoVision" and the game I loved was "Smurf". I just don't seem to get as excited as I did as a child over any video games or other fun stuff these days, no matter how awesome they may be.

SmurfColeco-h450.png

^Man dats ooooooollllllllllddddddddddddddddddd
xD

Ok I miss the music... back in the 90s there were great artisit and new genres. Now it's all too commercial.

Felix said:
^Man dats ooooooollllllllllddddddddddddddddddd
xD

Ok I miss the music... back in the 90s there were great artisit and new genres. Now it's all too commercial.

I know right? I can't believe it's a little north of 25 years old!

Summer holidays that seemed to last forever.

Playing cricket, basketball, hockey, rugby, cross country and athletics for the school. Football training on a Saturday and the match on the Sunday and golf with my dad in between. Playing sport every available moment of every day.

The feeling of excitement of being dropped off at my nan's farm in Snowdonia knowing I had weeks of nothing but fishing, climbing mountains and messing about in the river.

Drinking the house out of milk all the time.

Not craving nicotine.

My mum venturing outside.

Star Wars figures costing 99p and not £300 each.

My grandparents

Tess the family Border Collie.

Sam the girl next door who got her mum to ask me out while she hid behind a bush and I said no even though I'd really wanted to say yes. Sorry Sam.

Ahh happy days :)

Latest posts

Back