What do you miss about yourself?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I miss my ability to hold all the details of a complex problem in my mind. Now I have to write stuff down. And, I also miss my ability to find all the right words that I need to express myself. I often can't think of the particular word I want, these days.

annik said:
I used to write poetry. I was really serious about it. I used to carry a notepad nearly everywhere I went. I'd even been known to write some lines as saved messages in my phone when its all I had.

I've not written in ages and of course that doubt creeps in that maybe it won't come as easy as it used to. Making it harder to go back.

I miss it.

Badjedidude said:
I miss my carefree youth.

The world was a lot simpler and a lot more enjoyable when I understood a great deal less of it.

Bread said:
'Meeeeemories....'

I miss my imagination. I used to have abundance of it as a kid. I was always the one telling stories or coming up with themes when playing, painting up the scenery, sort of. I feel that the dull, tedious work limbo I went thru has stripped me off a majority of my creative output, stress, worry and hurry eating away at my muse's mental health until she decided she'd had enough and decided that she's entitled to vacations and constant sickleaves due to her failing health. *Sigh*

I also had a lot of dreams and aspirations. I'll be an artist, a writer, what-have-you...ten years later, I'm lucky to have got a job in marketing with a dash of graphical work thrown in the mix. Still make a comic on my free time, 'tho...so it's not all gone. :)

At the end of the day, 'tho, it's hard to think of a lot of things to look forward to, small personal goals and special occasions aside. I just end up thinking about tomorrow's work day, wishing it was already the weekend...repeating the same patterns over and over again.

I'm also a lot more jaded and untrusting, which I find a sad state of affairs. Of course, being fooled and getting the short end of the stick thwacking my head more than once taught me that the world ain't all pastel colours and rainbows, and the people, generally speaking, ain't nice. Goverments, even less so.

I've been getting a bit better in the negativity aspect in the recent year or two (maybe I'm finally growing up. Huh. ) but still, I feel as if I'm less than I was before, with the vast vistas of imagination opening all around me all but a memory to the modern day me.

Smile. People used to say that I smiled a lot. Now, it's usually about how sad or worried I look. Something has changed but I'm not sure what.
Maybe it's just a season, nothing lasts forever. If being smily is your default setting it'll return. Keep your chin up, things will get better 🌻✨

I used to optimistic, fun loving, youthful and carefree. Now, I have little hope, dreams or aspirations. Everything measured, monitored, neat.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1491555872960.jpg
    FB_IMG_1491555872960.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 1
I miss being able to walk in the room and demand the spotlight, instead of hiding from it... Performing in front of hundreds of people... I miss the real me so much.

I miss being able to eat entire cans of frosting in a single bound.

iu

I miss...I miss feeling hopeful. Not having to convince or force myself to be. It used to come naturally. I used to be more carefree, less insecure about where I was going and how I was going to get there. I'm used to be the one who carries others up. To lead by example.
Feels strange to sometimes put on a mask and pretend it so people don't get to see how weak you really are inside, sometimes. It would distraught them no end. You of course don't want that.
I also miss my girls. But that's been a constant for years. They're the better part of myself.

I miss my ability to run, jump and thrown, which was usually associated with fun and happy moments. But, I do try to make the most of the movement I have in other ways, so I don't really reminisce over that prior mobility.

I don't really miss much else because too much was surrounded by negative things, so it's difficult to draw out those things on their own.

Being able to get interested and excited about things.

As a kid I was at least somewhat happy. There were always some things that I was unhappy about (which I now realize are the same things I am unhappy about today - or, the things I was unhappy about as a kid, became the things I'm unhappy about today), but as a kid I was able to take my mind off them more easily. And I was able to get really into the things I liked. As long as I got my homework done and stayed out of trouble (which was always, because I wasn't a troublemaker, I didn't see the point and it seemed like more stress than it was worth), my time was all mine to do what I wanted with it.

But since I got older, and life started being more about competition, both for money and to impress women, life has pretty much stopped being fun. Feeling like I'm stuck in my problems makes it hard for me to get that interested in or excited about anything anymore, because as long as I'm stuck like this, not much makes me that happy anymore, not much is that great that it takes the edge off being stuck in a life I don't like, and fearing that I don't have enough potential to escape.

Last edited:
I miss being carefree - being able to throw caution to the wind once in a while and just say, “F&ck it!”

I hate having to be so responsible all the time.

Ugh even the word "responsible"...I can feel the mustache hairs growing a little bit faster!

Along with my desire to punch a hole in the wall, and start smoking cigarettes. 😤😡🤬🚬

Latest posts

Back