What do you really want?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Crumbdog

I know this sounds corny, but I just want to be free. No obligation, no responsibilities, no one depending on me. Just FREE, to do what I want when I want to. I want to know what it's like to have a sense of ease and experience the feeling of being ok. I'm tired of all my stupid aprehensions. I really am my own worst enemy. All in all, my wants are unrealistic, along with my dreams it seems like. I'm young, no kids, i feel like it's time to make a change & I have 2 choices:
a)listen to everyone else, & accept the road I'm walking, or
b)drive offroad & cut my own path.
very cliche', i know, but it is what it is.obviously choice A is the easy option but not necessarily what i want. Leaving me with choice B. a rough & dangerous journey but likely adventurous & again, not necessarily what I want. So along any of these roads, where do I find that feeling of being ok and at ease?I think that's what I really want.

I am already "free". I mean, I'm young, I got no kids, noone depending on me. Being lazy and insecure makes myself my own worst enemy.
Last year I had 2 choices and I've chosen one. I thought that I was making the choice that could have made me happy, but after a while it turned out not to be so. I don't complain, after all I'm happy with this choice but I'm not happy with my life. I think that it isn't this kind of choice which can make you happy, but the everyday choices we have to do: take a road or another, it doesn't matter if you are or feel still lonely. What I really want is just a person which really cares for me: I know I won't get her unless I get rid of my shyness, insecureness, lazyness.... etc.

I want to be happy. I see myself happy as: losing a lot of weight, looking attractive, having a good job which I enjoy at least some or preferably most of the time, having a happy relationship with my husband, owning a home out right, traveling the world and giving back to the world, being a published author of at least 3 books in my life time, earning my Ph.D., financial freedom and making some friends!

Too be happy....
You know I would just like to sit on the porch and look at the sky and truly feel at peace with myself and all of the major choices I have made. I dont want much just a way to live period.

I totally agree with the desires to be happy in the sese that you can feel confident that the life that you have is exactly the way that it should be.  I too would love to feel true freedom both financially and freedom from my own inhibitions.  Crumbdog said "I really am my own worst enemy" and damned if that ain't the truth for so many of us here.  If there were only an easy way to get past the obstacles that we create for ourselves like shyness, worrying what people think, that we may be boring, etc.

It is certainly not an impossible thing for any of us to get what will make us happy as long as we keep it within reason (don't bank on winning the lottery).  So perhaps we can strive for hope that it won't be a difficult journey and hope that it won't be too far in the distant future.  I think hope can give us a sense of direction, a goal, and an idea that we'll eventually get to that goal.

I really want someone that I can both talk to and sit with in comfortable silence. I'd love to be able to discuss books, politics, amusing anecdotes, etc. with someone, and then be able to enjoy the gaps in the conversation when nothing really comes to mind to talk about. Failing that, I'd really like someone to talk to at all, even if the pauses are incredibly uncomfortable.

Wow, this is a cool thread.
Over the past four weeks or so, I've been reading a bit on this site, and I've posted a few responses, or whatever, and it got to be too depressing, because people seemed to be focused on just expressing their personal anguish, which is a necessary enterprise, but too much of it got to be like a pea-soup fog.
So it's nice to see people thinking about things they enjoy, and goals, because it seems to be mor forward-moving, instead of introspective.

Anyway.

My wants:
1: To stop being the guy in the corner lurking over his drink while everyone else is having a good time
2: To get good grades this upcoming Tuesday, Thursday, following Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
3: To have a good job which'll look great on a resume this summer, while still having enough time to have some fun
4: To start a hobby which I enjoy that would not be boring, like reading or writing.

I just want to meet someone who really understands me. I don't even care if I could never understand her/him. I have everything else I want in life. This loneliness is the only thing thats messing me up. If I could meet someone who really understands me, then I'd have no reason to feel like a loner any more and I could go about my life as usual, only with a better attitude because that thing wouldn't be missing anymore. But I don't think there's anyone out there who could really get into my mind, no matter how bad I want to be understood. Especially not through writing.

Well I want alot of things.
First of all, I want decent grades, especially in math which I am not doing so well in.

I also really want to be able to get out of my house and do more things. I'd like to be able to drive (and get over my fear of crashing a car) and be able to go places when I'm bored, instead of dying of boredom.

I'd also like someone to truly love me. I want someone who understands me, and understands what I've been through. I want someone who is not afraid of my constant crying, and someone who will be there for me when I need them.

I want close friends. I wish I had at least one.

I also want someone to love who would love me back...incredibly typical, I know, but that's just my inner-most desire...

Hi Fignewton,

I think everyone wants that. It's hard for one person to meet all out needs, though. I am married and I love my husband and he loves me, and yet I come to this site. I need more friends and my husband can't be my "everything." Humans are so complex!

I wish I had a close friend, too, Fig newton. PS I love Fig Newtons. :p

Some people say they are not "cool" cookies but they are somewhat more healthy than the others and I have good childhood associations with them!

I would love to have one of those "best friend" that most people seem to have. Someone you could hang out with anytime, someone who's always there for you

And a hug. A hug would be so nice

Oh, and crazy musical skills ^^

Elaeagnus said:
I really want someone that I can both talk to and sit with in comfortable silence. I'd love to be able to discuss books, politics, amusing anecdotes, etc. with someone, and then be able to enjoy the gaps in the conversation when nothing really comes to mind to talk about. Failing that, I'd really like someone to talk to at all, even if the pauses are incredibly uncomfortable.
Me too! For years that's all I've wanted. I love to talk about strange things, or interesting things no one talks about. I have no one to talk to about the things I want to. Maybe we should PM each other :p
Loki said:
I just want to meet someone who really understands me. I don't even care if I could never understand her/him. I have everything else I want in life. This loneliness is the only thing thats messing me up. If I could meet someone who really understands me, then I'd have no reason to feel like a loner any more and I could go about my life as usual, only with a better attitude because that thing wouldn't be missing anymore. But I don't think there's anyone out there who could really get into my mind, no matter how bad I want to be understood. Especially not through writing.
Yeah, if someone could understand me and like me despite it all, that would make my life fine. I don't have a bad life; it's painful mainly because of the loneliness. I've had days where I didn't think about how lonely I was and I was content, even when bad things happened. If I could reach that point all the time that would be the best... I hate how I have to rely on someone else to do it first, though.

i want to feel safe and secure and loved
i wish i could find a person who is kind to me ,who adores me ,and that i can adore back,someone who wants me to sit next to him while he works at the computer ,someone who loves me to cook for him and talks to me until i fall asleep ,someone who wakes me up when i have my many many nightmares and kisses my eyes and puts me back to sleep,someone who is loveing and faithful and takes care of the lil girl in me.calls me "food nicknames" lol yea i know its a wierd one but i had a bf who called me lambchop ,pudding,cupcake ,sugar, and so on and i always felt happiest,i love food ,i am heavy i like being accepted and felt loved words like beautiful,sexy and so on upset mei feel its all a lie.money ,age,& looks dont matter tho i tend to like big guys ,fat & tall just cause i am not a small woman but i feel small inside and like to feel protected which i never do ,never am.
as far as besides my expectations in a life mate hmmm
would be nice to have a place to call home somewhere my kids would always come over the years someplace to come and remember me if i pass away a place to build memories instead of constantly moving ,again it doesnt have to be anything special a tiny old thing would be great .
would like a job if i dont have a husband to care for,something i can do and really enjoy or have a job at home n some way with a man who works from home,after all i marry because i want to be with that person not because i want thier paycheck
i want my kids happy and healthy would like 2 more but if not cant wait for grandchildren
would like to lose weight and have alot of plastic surgery done so i can wear nice clothes,(smaller firmer boobs and tummy tuck)
would be nice to have a best frien someone to shop with and buy clothes with ,have a drink with abut if not if my husband was my best friend thats fine too
a good man ,a good life,a great best friend .happy healthy children
and most of all to slow down time or get time back
to be 17 again and not waste my years,you are only young once i should have done so much more back then

Latest posts

Back