What do you regret the most?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't regret much. I figure why worry about it? What's done is done. All anyone can do is learn from it.

But I do regret falling for the person I did. I wish I hadn't, and I wish I could just let him go. It doesn't feel right anymore.

My biggest regret has to be that my school life is almost over and I didnt do anything with myself....Yeah thats got to be it.

I regret not being able to ask for the help I needed as a kid. I also regret spending all that money when I wasn't ready. I should have taken the free ride instead. But I don't regret anything I did in the name of love (hello) :p

I regret living my life - up and til even now - with anxiety, sadness, low-self esteem and self-hatred.
Not only has my feelings of worthlessness hurt the people close to me at one point another; I've missed out on a lot of opportunities and life experiences that will never come again.
I have made poor choices which now affect me; but have been forced to accept them.
Had I been in a better state of mind, I really do think I could have touched my full potential.

If I could go back, I would give my loved ones the happy, carefree, talented, and beautiful daughter/ granddaughter/ niece that they always hoped that I would grow up to be.
20 years too late, I'm insecure, awkward and am now just trying to pick up the broken pieces.

I never regretted anything untill I met my (now ex) boyfriend. I regret giving him a second chance and forgiving him after he cheated on me, because he just cheated on me again after that. This is the one thing I regret.

I don't regret any of the big life decisions I've made - for better or worse, they have led me to this point, and although I am admittedly going through a rough time right now, I have had some amazing experiences and met some wonderful people. So I don't regret changing my major from the more practical Engineering to the utterly useless Russian, giving up the opportunity to work in Hungary (for a man - and it didn't work out anyway), marrying the man who is now my now ex-husband, and so on.

The one thing that I will always regret is not asking for the nurses to bring me my son so I could hold him during those days I was in the hospital. It would not have changed anything, but it would have ultimately enriched my life a little more even though holding him while knowing that he was gone from us was the hardest thing I have ever done.

And a note: this week is building up to the anniversary of my son's death, so there may be more maudlin/depressing posts, or I may be scarce. I can never tell how it's going to go.

i regret letting my shyness cause me to miss out on a lot in life. it brings me down and keeps me awake at night. this is why i am pursuing and getting so worked up over this girl right now. i have found someone that makes all that honeysuckle in my head that bothers me go away when i am around her. if there is a chance of anything being there between us i dont want to let it pass like i have everything else in my life. even if nothing happens between us atleast i wont have to regret it this time because i tried.

Latest posts

Back