What does it feel like...to be loved?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i want to know this too. i dont want someone to tell me though, i want to find out because its actually happening to me. maybe one day...

I wouldn't know.

I guess tehre's just something wrong with ME in particular. I never really felt loved until there was someone that needed me....

Other than that, I wouldn't know.

I'd love to know, though. Would love to find out what that feels like.

dunno..I thought I was in love once..turns out we was just horny..
took me ages to get my heart back though..won't be doing that again..I'm studying the art of defense against emotional manipulation..

Hehe, Mike, you sound like me.

Had many of THOSE situations b4.

LAB said:
Hehe, Mike, you sound like me.

Had many of THOSE situations b4.
Yeah man..but boy she is a beauty! I gotta learn to think from the head and heart and not from the erm...nether regions..

can't really explain it.
It's peaceful, estacy, complete, alive,joy , happiness, gratitude...and more
All rolled into one. Sometimes it feels really intense. Other times it's like a sereen feeling.

I guess..knowing that you are loved or been loved can makes a difference...becuase I can retrieve these emotions from within me.
My feelings come from within ..not without. Happiness is an inside job.
But it's so much easier if someone you love, loves you back...it just retriggers those feelings naturally or automatically when you're around them or innteracting with them...

Then again...if you love someone...somewhere alone the line you're going to get into a fight with them. So love feels like getting poke in the eyes with a fucken fork just as well.

if you ever had a child come up to and tell you " I love you daddy". it's like the greatest feeling in the world.
If you ever held your child the day she was born. There's nothing else like it.
If you ever held your wife the day your child was born..You'll know what I'm talking about.

It depends. If you love that person who loves you in the first place, i believe it's the best feeling ever. If you don't live him/her, it's pressure, sadness and loneliness. It's all inside of you.

No one here has ever been loved by their mother or father, or brother or sister or a grandparent?

AndrewM said:
No one here has ever been loved by their mother or father, or brother or sister or a grandparent?
yeah but that's family love..i'm talking about smoochie la la la and log fires..moon and music..you know luurrvvvv

AndrewM said:

To be honest with you, when i read the thread i did remember some moments when i was told my mom made a special meal she knows i love when she knew i was spending the weekend with them, and other things. Yes, that's surely being loved, but i'm pretty sure the OP meant the other kind of love, the one a man or a woman gives you as couple.

I think if you haven't experienced love in your family, then it's hard to experience it even when you're in a relationship. It's true that they're different kinds of love, but I think at their core they are the same. Lonesome Crow seems to be saying something like this. And what's more, I believe that what you learn from your family is a kind of blueprint for managing future relationships. I'm sure a lot of the people here (not everyone) probably had a rough time growing up, and have since found it hard to maintain loving relationships into adulthood.

Have you ever had a goldfish? Ever stick a finger on to the surface of the water to see your little dumb goldfish come kiss the tips of your finger thinking it's food?

I've always had an image like that to compare to whenever I thought there was love in a relationship. "Is something that I'm feeling from another person an empty action that's more him/her trying to fill an empty belly or hole? Or is it real love?"

That's the confusing part. And it's really hard to tell when you've found something more than desperate love. I think good love comes from healthy people and it's something that happens naturally.

So I've separated and distinguished two types of love and now to answer your question-

Desperate love, ones created in situations of need driven by subterranean desires that lead and coerce people by emotion feels horrific and energetically blissful at times. When psychological need for certain aspects of ones life isn't met (doting parent, self-respect, etc), I guess people seek to find that approval, peace, satisfaction through love and relationships. But that can give such an exhilarating rush when those neglected needs feel like they're being met by another person. But this is dangerous as you're trying to fit a square into a hole that's round. That might be done without either of the person's knowing and it'll lead to misunderstanding desperate signs like clingy-ness. This is when the relation feels horrific, suffocating (to either member: one gasping for breath thinking oxygen can only come from the other person & the other desperate to separate so they can breathe without the other trying to take every breath away).

There's the healthy love. Love that meets our natural desire to be understood, to relate, to share. It's the kind of love that makes you feel good to wake up in the morning. It's the kind of love that pops up into your head to reassure. It's the kind of love that makes the emotion of loneliness seem selfish (you don't feel lonely when you're alone and your thoughts are less consumed about "I feel this" "Why is this happening to ME" and self-centered thoughts as such). The healthy love gives you ideas, makes you expressive, makes you feel more creative. It inspires thoughts that will stimulate other people's minds rather than to depress thoughts. This love helps you look at yourself in a serious light. This love can make you feel like the center of the universe but it'll also make you feel like a part of it. Connected. Relating. Understanding.

just my thoughts.

yea i dont think family love is what was originally meant here. for a lot of people their family loves them, even if they dont like them, just because they are family. theres an automatic bond there for many people. i want to meet that special someone that i could spend every day the rest of my life with and know they will be there for me and i will be there for them. meet that person that understands me and loves me for who i am, not because i am family.

Its an amazing feeling. Even more so if your a female, *Not to be sexist, but by that i mean the mediazed female image used to generally represent females, as quiet, shy etc i know i shouldn't use that stereotype but its what i mean if your that type of girl* and like just to rest on your guy. Gives your guy that feeling that you put all your trust in him.

In general, I liken the feeling of being loved to being wrapped up in a warm blankie. I get a warm, glowy feeling of contentment. People notice it too, I mean, the feeling of being loved (in a romantic sense, I mean) makes me feel better about myself and it actually seems to make me more attractive in general.

Rather ironic, actually - I am more attractive when I am taken than when I am single. hah

Now I have also experienced a wilder kind of love which felt like a sickness - I literally was feverish, could not eat, could not sleep, this person consumed my thoughts for like 2 weeks. It was wild and electric and jolted my body physically from time to time. It was torture, but glorious. *sigh* If it's meant to be something more than infatuation, then it usually settles down and mellows into that warm glowy contentment I referenced above. Otherwise it burns itself out.

Latest posts

Back