What does it look like inside?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnaert

Reaction score
What does it look like inside for you? Your mind, your inner little world, whether it be at whatever time & mood. I'm asking cos I know it looks & seems a certain way inside mine. What do you see or hear inside you? I was just thinking what it would be like if I could see this part of people. We would all learn about each other & we'd probably be more appreciative if we could see this side of us.

These days, a rock on which I sit on a plain with a pool on one side and a fog bank on the other. There is frenetic activity on the plain but, even if I can see it, I'm never a part of it.

The pool is full of alcohol and, whenever I lean forward to drink, the Kracken gets a tenticle around my arm and starts trying to pull me in. The fog bank contains a Tobacco Plant with tendrils that are constantly trying to pull me towards it.

In the distance, I can see one person surrounded by life. She is walking further away from me illuminated by the light that once shone on the teeming life on the plain before I even understood how much I needed it. She is now so far away I couldn't shout loud enough to make her hear me, and wouldn't want to disturb her if I could.

A child is crying beside me because, one by one, most of her dolls have been smashed. She keeps saying that something is causing her to drop the dolls, but each time she pretends that the doll is naughty she smashes it herself. I have a bag full of dolls and keep giving them to her, but she keeps finding excuses to smash them and always says it's because they were naughty. Every time I look at the activity on the plain she smashes another doll and asks for a replacement, crying harder than ever.

In my pocket is a candle snuffer. It looks tiny but, sometimes when the crying gets particularly hard, or the life on the plain particularly far away, it grows, and I realise I could put it over my head if I wanted. I would never be able to leave it if I did, but nor would I ever hear the crying again, or see the life move further away than it already has, or have to avoid the Kracken or the fog bank again.

So I decide to take another drink from the pool or delve into the fog bank for a while, avoiding tentacles and tendrils as much as I can. And then I get her another doll.

Unacceptance said:
A post-apocalyptic junkyard with a bunch of deformed mutants hurling slag at each other.

Same here, but my mutants have swords. Its a depressing world, but the fact that the mutants have swords gives me hope.

an office building where nothing is getting done because no one has any motivation

A congested city with blinding lights, deafening sounds and heavy pollution.

It is near impossible to see, hear, breathe or think.

Chaotic. Confusing. Painful.

There's no way out.

A bright and inspirational place with plenty but is unfortunately not able to be showed to the real world. Its a hidden oasis that only I can see. How I wish I had the key to unlock the door for all to see.

A swirling vortex of bright, destructive, warm and beautiful light surrounded by a black void. Something like that, yeah. :p

SenjiiDragon said:
Unacceptance said:
A post-apocalyptic junkyard with a bunch of deformed mutants hurling slag at each other.

Same here, but my mutants have swords. Its a depressing world, but the fact that the mutants have swords gives me hope.

My mutants are cooler than your mutants.

Inside my world, you would see a slight gray tone to all objects within my world. There is a large, bleak hill dotted with autumn colored trees. There is a heavy fog, with a little sunlight trying to permeate through the mist. It is cold, and slightly snowing. The snow doesn't stick, but falls steadily.The trees sway lightly through the breeze, while the mist envelopes you like a blanket. You can follow a path via the sunlight, but the fog slightly impairs the way. The snow sticks to your coat like dying embers of memory's past.

a black room, shaped like either my bathroom, bedroom or office....and a giant mirror in the middle of these rooms, and a light above it with me looking at me in the mirror, and then i start talking to myself in the mirror, and he talks back.

imma weird :3

I'm sitting on a log that overhangs the edge of a lake deep in the mountains. It is early, just before sunrise. I've been in the mountains for a week or so now, and I'm tired, and terribly lonely. I sit there and look out over the dark waters and wish I was at home amongst family and friends; I would weep if I had the energy. It is dark and cold here deep in the mountains, and I curse the fortunes that brought me to this place. Then the sun breaks the horizon, and the world changes in an instant. The waters before me, so dark and malicious, become silver blue, a reflection of the freshly-minted sky. The morning mist, shadowed by the jagged mountains and my own dark thoughts, is set ablaze, and shines with a crystaline beauty I've never seen before. The blackness around me fades away, revealing bright emrald life in all directions, and the warmth of the sun wraps itself around me like the hand of God.

This is an actual experience I had many years ago, and I keep a tight hold on the memory in case I ever need to escape for a while. My Happy Place.

I feel so freakish inside. Like maybe what is inside says something like"i'm going mad". When I'm not feeling so bad, inside is the Black Forest. the sun is at the point just before sunset & there are lots of flowers with their soft petals.

But when things aren't so good(this is actually almost all the time, rarely is it even somewhat good)Its dark, its vast, I see myself breaking myself. I'm doing everything I possibly can to destroy myself. I end up on the ground with blood coming out of my nose, my mouth, I'm bleeding so much. My hands are destroyed, its what I've always wanted. I dunno if I'm dead.

Wow. Some very good descriptions about how some of your insides look like.

For me its just a dark desert. There is no hills and its not sunny. The sand is black and in some parts its crimson. Its entirely flat. Yeah. Its kind of cliche, but I feel like that is the best description to how my inside looks like since it is what I imagine it to be most of the time.

Wow...I never actaully tried to describe how i look like inside my head as a metapor before.

lets see....there's the right hemisphere which is about feelings or emotions.
The left hemishhere is reasoning and logic...
Mmmmmm...Two boobies jiggling wiggling smashing into each other trying to define love.
Smash'in titties...yeap that's what it is....smash'in titties.

Seriously tho...no metaphor
Six month ago...All i saw was a dead woman...night and day...night and day.
No matter where i went...
I saw her face, i hear her talking to me . I smelt her. I felt her.
Sometimes I'll even talk back to her or answer her.
I go to bed thinking of her. I'd wake up thinking of her. I see her in my dreams.
Sometimes I even felt her body pressed up against mine and her scent.
She wasn't dead in my mind...she was alive and beautiful. I saw her beautiful face all the time.

I used to wear a black hood sweater and shades if I went outside. I didn't look at anyone.
Tears ran down my face all the time. My body was in constant pain. Only thoughts of her
brought me comfort and releave...yet thoughts of living without her for the rest of my life
brought my more pain than I can bare. I isolated myself from everyone.

One reason was becuase I was crying all the time...
Second, it didn't really matter what people say or didn't say. I didn't want people to feel uncomfortible.
Third, I felt fucken crazy. I was surrounded by LOVEand DEATH. I was in love with a dead woman.
I surrendered to it all. I surrendered to my grieving. I surrender Jenni to god.

There's a Hollywood version that discribe the condition I had and what i went through...sort of.
CITY of ANGELS.

my mind feels like a cave I dont let many people see the entirity of.

to see the entirity of the tunnel would wear most people out imo so I tell them " do not go further" at a certain point.

But my mind is unlike a cave in some ways.

Sometimes my mind is like a soft summer breeze that wants to sooth/delight those around her.

other times my mind is like a frothing sea, agitated, churning. This is where the cave metaphor comes in, and I tell people to not go further. Even though I do share some of my agitation with them.

Wow this is a hard thing to do with nature metaphors o_o

SophiaGrace said:
my mind feels like a cave I dont let many people see the entirity of.

to see the entirity of the tunnel would wear most people out imo so I tell them " do not go further" at a certain point.

But my mind is unlike a cave in some ways.

Sometimes my mind is like a soft summer breeze that wants to sooth/delight those around her.

other times my mind is like a frothing sea, agitated, churning. This is where the cave metaphor comes in, and I tell people to not go further. Even though I do share some of my agitation with them.

Wow this is a hard thing to do with nature metaphors o_o

Well, you dun have to use nature metaphors

Complete Darkness- sometimes with millions of bright spots. Expanding and expanding in all the direction it can wish.

I do have an ipod, but barely use it. My mind is a jukebox. Even i am not good at it anymore and started to miss a lot of details. I can or I used to be able to recall songs as if I listen to it been playing live.

Latest posts

Back