What fills the emptiness?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before I thought that yummy foods fill the emptiness, but no... It makes it even worse. Eating chocolate doesn't give you any friends. I think that people fill their emptiness in different ways. Usually with some hobbies, like reading, dancing, drawing etc.

Talking with online friends, posting, spending time with family, music, crafts, listening to my own advice when I haven't been, drawing, acting in a kind manner even when someone is just yeah.. lol.

Emptiness is a feeling or a state of being, like a void and I don't run away from it. Sometimes emptiness is compounded by depression and loneliness which makes it harder. Not long ago I was spiralling in depression and emptiness. Loneliness creep in as I was longing for friends. When a friend would drop by to visit, the loneliness would abade for awhile. But the emptiness and depression would linger on. Just recently I have been getting lessor boats of depression but the emptiness is still profound. The endless questions 'who am I really' 'where do I go now''what does the future hold for me''am I still walking the right path?' come to mind. Doesnt help when the outside happenings also looks bleak. Living in a rundown apartment, fixed income, always struggling...etc. Hard to remain positive when things look opposite. Do a lot of praying though.

I think if I dwell deep enough into the emptiness it might somehow flourish into peace. What if one surrenders to it? Maybe even a little meditation on it might prove fruitful. But I haven't meditated in a long time.

Okiedokes said:
Talking with online friends, posting, spending time with family, music, crafts, listening to my own advice when I haven't been, drawing, acting in a kind manner even when someone is just yeah.. lol.

What kinds of things do you craft and draw?

SophiaGrace said:
Okiedokes said:

Well lately I've been doing a lot of crocheting.. dish cloths, pot holders, but I like to work with all different sorts of materials, recycled materials as well. As of lately, I really enjoy drawing peoples portraits. :)

SophiaGrace said:
Loneliness is emptiness. It is a lack or a percieved lack of feeling connected to others. But sometimes maybe loneliness-- or this sense of emptiness, is a chance for us to learn how to deal with it. To not give into it, and do desperate things or things which are attempts to fill ourselves up.

To not get into friendships which are unfulfilling
To not let ourselves be swayed by things which do not fit us

To not attempt to fill ourselves up. To just be. Can't we just be?

Loneliness is looking at ourselves. Looking at our actions of pushing others away, of our feelings of inadequacies which motivate us to be avoidant. Of shame, of guilt, of sorrow which isolate us.

Of the patterns in our mind that bring us to this point.

This is loneliness.
Our actions are loneliness.
Our defensive introvert attitudes are loneliness.
Our inability to be alone and be fine with that is loneliness.

Loneliness. What should fill this emptiness instead?

That is quite poetic. Thanks for your contribution :)

Okiedokes said:
SophiaGrace said:
Okiedokes said:

Well lately I've been doing a lot of crocheting.. dish cloths, pot holders, but I like to work with all different sorts of materials, recycled materials as well. As of lately, I really enjoy drawing peoples portraits. :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/crochet/

Then you might like that community.:)

http://www.reddit.com/r/crafts/
http://www.reddit.com/r/drawing

I like to look out the window at the scenery, the landscape, the fat kid eating ice cream, the cars rushing past my house, the whole ******* world. It makes me appreciate the magic and beauty of it all; that I am but a microcosm on this tiny blue dot within a vast emptiness; an endless void.

But am I satisfied? no, I want more life. I crave it with every fiber of my being.

Being alive, makes me feel like a ******* godlike wizard with all this power in my hands I could destroy everything and anything i wish

Waking up to this wizardry is the greatest ******* feeling ever, being alive is ******* great

Sometimes I want to finds something that will fill my life, but even so it will never satisfy me. To even try to look for meaning in life is so hard now. Wishing life could be easy in every way is certainly impossible. The world is difficult as it is and there's nothing we could do about it. The greatest challenge in life is really just this world and people around me. To actually find something that will fill me usually ends up with me feeling greater shame for being alone.

You can't fill the emptiness without some type of life change. As in, if you feel empty because you have no social life, that won't change until you find some friends, a girlfriend, whatever. But staying busy is the best way to make it feel less bottomless, at least. Working, a hobby...if you're doing something you like you don't feel so alone while you're doing it. Just stay busy and don't think about it so much, and don't defeat yourself, either.

Latest posts

Back