What has been said to you about your singledom?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yet another thread going off topic for the same old honeysuckle from SkaFish.....same honeysuckle, different day, it never ends, it never changes. Can't help someone who doesn't want it.

TheRealCallie said:
Yet another thread going off topic for the same old honeysuckle from SkaFish.....same honeysuckle, different day, it never ends, it never changes. Can't help someone who doesn't want it.

I answered the question about what people have said to me about my singledom, so actually, it was on-topic.

But then I decided, you know what? This is why I hadn't been posting anymore and will be leaving just as soon as I've finished this PM conversation I'd been having.

TheSkaFish said:
TheRealCallie said:

I answered the question about what people have said to me about my singledom, so actually, it was on-topic.

But then I decided, you know what? This is why I hadn't been posting anymore and will be leaving just as soon as I've finished this PM conversation I'd been having.

You don't get it. Every single thing you type is about the same thing. Your words never change, your methods never change. And all this despite the fact that everyone is telling you that you need to move on and stop basing things on appearances and what YOU deem them to be, you just keep on typing the same things over and over again.
It's like you want to get nowhere.

I wasn't trying to start anything. I was sincerely hoping that Ska wouldn't take my comment as being rude or harsh. It wasn't meant to be mean at all.

Peaches said:
it takes friends to comment on that, and I don't have any, or maybe it is just really obvious at a first look (?!) why I don't have partners, because it has been many years since someone gave me any advice or comments

Triple Bogey said:
Have you ever thought about joining a dating site for ugly people ?

woah, that was mean

yes it was but this woman did say it and wasn't making a joke.

VanillaCreme said:
I wasn't trying to start anything. I was sincerely hoping that Ska wouldn't take my comment as being rude or harsh. It wasn't meant to be mean at all.

I didn't take it that way. I'm always kind of sad about this but it wasn't anything you did. I didn't feel you were being mean. Also I was trying to stay on topic. I had already made up my mind that I would leave as soon as I was done talking to someone on PM and was done posting, I was only going on here to read and send Messages, but I got lax and posted a little.

This just reminds me why I shouldn't have posted. My fault.

TheRealCallie said:
Sadly enough, there ARE ugly people dating sites. People are horrible. No one is ugly, IMO, and that includes TB.

Well... Honestly... Shouldn't everyone be included? Us uglies need lovin' too.

"I'm proud of you" "Congratulations" "This will be good for you and the kids" :cool:

VanillaCreme said:
TheRealCallie said:
Sadly enough, there ARE ugly people dating sites. People are horrible. No one is ugly, IMO, and that includes TB.

Well... Honestly... Shouldn't everyone be included? Us uglies need lovin' too.

Nilla, you are NOT ugly :club:

But, yes, everyone is included, I just specified TB because it was his post I was replying to and it's pretty well known that we don't get along too well. lol

My parents always criticise me for not having a girlfriend. My friends on the other hand couldn't care less and never bring it up.

VanillaCreme said:
For me, it's more like what's going on with my unmarried-dom. I get questioned more now about when marriage will happen than when I was single. A slight pain in the ass either way though.

I got that for a long time until my younger brother got married and had kids. Then the family was able to write me off as a lost cause.

Well today I got a new one:
Job Interviewer: Do you have a family?
Me: No my parents are dead.
Job Interviewer: No I mean a husband and children... ie are you married?
Me:... um... ** in my head** what the HELL does that have to do with the job and oh yes, isn't it inappropriate?

I swear, I am considering randomly propositioning people to team up for mutual work advancement.

LonelySutton said:
Well today I got a new one:
Job Interviewer: Do you have a family?
Me: No my parents are dead.
Job Interviewer: No I mean a husband and children... ie are you married?
Me:... um... ** in my head** what the HELL does that have to do with the job and oh yes, isn't it inappropriate?

I swear, I am considering randomly propositioning people to team up for mutual work advancement.

Whoops, not sure where you live but in the US, questions about marital status by a potential employer are prohibited. Sorry for going slightly off-topic.

-Teresa

Why are you looking for someone?
You will find someone one day.
It will happen when you least expect it.
Online dating never works.
You should give up.
You're too old to get someone now-I am saying this as a friend.
What do you want to get married for?
I always thought you were so independent-I never knew you were so lonely abd unhappy.

SofiasMami said:
Whoops, not sure where you live but in the US, questions about marital status by a potential employer are prohibited. Sorry for going slightly off-topic.

What do you do when the interviewer is a legal official? They know they can get away with it.

LonelySutton said:
SofiasMami said:

What do you do when the interviewer is a legal official? They know they can get away with it.

No, they can't. They probably just wanted you to believe they could.

VanillaCreme said:
No, they can't. They probably just wanted you to believe they could.

Ahh, no... they did get away with it. Answer or, don't the job. What am I going to do file a lawsuit? Right.

Latest posts

Back