What I did versus what I should have done.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I left my home state to attend a university immediately after finishing high school strongly. I should have taken as much time as I needed to reach a point where I had a CLEAR target and developed the courage and will to hit that target with regards to how I'd make a living.

One action ended the relationship I had with someone who was special to me. Although I was barely a teen at the time, I should not have done what I did. It is the biggest regret of my life.

And I was so ashamed that I didn't even talk to her about it. I never asked her to forgive me, although it seemed she had. So many years have passed since then (a few years from being two decades) and it still crosses my mind to seek her just so I can tell her something that I don't think words could even do justice. Will I be moments from dying and still saying I should go to her?

The problem is when you can't see what you are doing wrong and keep ******* it up...

jjam said:
I left my home state to attend a university immediately after finishing high school strongly. I should have taken as much time as I needed to reach a point where I had a CLEAR target and developed the courage and will to hit that target with regards to how I'd make a living.

One action ended the relationship I had with someone who was special to me. Although I was barely a teen at the time, I should not have done what I did. It is the biggest regret of my life.

And I was so ashamed that I didn't even talk to her about it. I never asked her to forgive me, although it seemed she had. So many years have passed since then (a few years from being two decades) and it still crosses my mind to seek her just so I can tell her something that I don't think words could even do justice. Will I be moments from dying and still saying I should go to her?

Dont beat yourself up your only human everybody makes mistakes

fightclub said:
Doubt The Rabbit said:
fightclub said:
regret can have some plusses like i should have taken a shower or not ate garlic before a date

There are no plusses in regret. Worrying about the past will not get you anywhere. You can never change it no matter how hard you try, and regretting it will only bring you frustration.

To think about the mistakes of the past and learn from them are different than regretting them. Regretting something doesn't necessarily ensure you've learned anything.

i dont know i think there is something in it I regret not listening to my intuition telling me to get out of a tight spot before its to late, now days that intuition has its volume turned up and if i get a bad feeling I take note as not doing so has cost me dear in the past.

Again, that's less so regret and more so learning from the past.

Latest posts

Back