what if I turn into one of them little crazy cat lady's when I'm old. :|

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolagemma

Reaction score
I had a weird thought earlier, like just thinking about past relationships and what went wrong, and what seemed to work, blahblah.

And literally every relationship I've had has been short, good for a while, then gone as worse as it possibly could. Like cheating, not 'loving' me anymore, not wanting me anymore, finding someone prettier, or better.

What if that happens for the rest of my life. :| the idea of a relationship going wrong scares me so bad, and because of this, I find it fairly hard socially to speak to men, and just people in general. I had a funny though of mebeing this little old lady with millions of cats as company hahaha. I laugh, but it's a scary prospect at the same time. :|

I'm really scared of growing old alone as well, with or without cats. Being alone now, while I'm young enough to go out and try and meet someone is difficult enough, but the idea of being elderly, housebound and still alone worries me a lot.

I had one of those in awhile ago (customer), crazy cat lady, wow...you do not want to become that. Get dogs instead they are more loyal, and you never hear of the crazy dog lady.

what do you call the male equivelant of a crazy cat lady? i feel like theres a good chance that i will be that.

I once had friends who said I would be the crazy weapon lady, because I wouldn't get a bunch of pets.

I've worked with those little old ladies with millions of cats and I find them lovely :) Absolutely the best companionship for long talks about everything. I like cats as well

If someone ends relationship due to finding prettier or better, I don't think that there is anything to regret. I'm afraid that if someone enters a new relationship, because they've just found prettier or better, it's not good neither :p

I know it can seem scary when relationships never seem to work out, I can relate and understand but you're only 18 and you've got so much time left yet. I'd say don't panic and try to enjoy yourself. I know thats hard and I should take my own advice! Believe me though really you never know what will happen in the future.

I've had that same feeling though and I've got a big problem in that I don't even like cats!!

Seriously in the 10 or so years I have on you I've learnt one thing and thats being in the moment is what matters. If you worry too much about the long term you won't see what you have now. Until its gone...

Take your time. There will be a relationship for you!

Some people have a relationship for 2 months and decide to get married (baby on the way or not!) but then they end up divorcing quickly, some people date for 2 months and decide to get married and end up accomplishing their marriage "till death may part".

Some people date for years and divorce in just a few months, some date for years and stay married, again, "till death may part".

Just continue searching for relationships! ;)

Sci-Fi said:
...and you never hear of the crazy dog lady.

My downstairs bat-honeysuckle crazy neighbor is a crazy purse dog lady :p
I'm determined not to become one of those crazy cat ladies too. Both my grandmas lived until their 90s and they were alone without husbands for quite some time into their old age. They didn't have cats, though! :)
I have an even bigger fear of dying alone at home and no one finding my body for like weeks because no one's looking for me.

edgecrusher said:
what do you call the male equivelant of a crazy cat lady? i feel like theres a good chance that i will be that.

the male equivalent of a crazy cat lady is the 40 year old guy sitting alone at Dennys, scary honeysuckle man, dont end up like him.

Fvantom said:
edgecrusher said:

the male equivalent of a crazy cat lady is the 40 year old guy sitting alone at Dennys, scary honeysuckle man, dont end up like him.

wtf is wrong with sitting alone at denny's? :cool:

blackhole said:
Fvantom said:
edgecrusher said:

wtf is wrong with sitting alone at denny's? :cool:

Nothing :D. He was just hungry so, damnit, he went to Dennys.

Limlim said:
Cats are awesome, I want one :O

KittyKittyKittyKitty (goo)

I'll become a dog lady then. ;)

Like that solves all my problems hahah!
Nah but heyho, I'm reckoning, if I'm still single at 45, I'mma be a dog breeder, and breed top class dogs, and get rich. ;) Who needs a man eh!

Latest posts

Back