What is life for?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Romantic_Flower

Is life worth? I mean, we live, we sometimes have our highs, we suffer a lot... and in the end, we are all going to die. Is this worth? suffering for dying in the end? What is life's purpose for you guys?
I see no reason in living at all, I need to find one. We may fill our hearts with hope, but it's useless. Death is inevitable.
"Death is our best friend. She will never forget us..."
I will study nursery next year. Taking care of people, saving lives... it will fulfill my emptiness. And nursery is something i'm really good at. I understand a lot, and I really love what they do. They give themselves to people. But no one supports me in being a nurse. ****
Anyway. what is life for?

Hey, for the last few years I've studied communications and philosophy. It's an odd mix but from that I've come to love the topic of the limitations of our language and how we phrase things and the very words we have available to us affect the way we think.

Case in point: the words we use to phrase our problem, actually affects the solutions our brain comes up with.

You say that you have to find a meaning for your life. I think this is incorrect and inherently flawed. It's not that you have to find a meaning for your life. You have to GIVE your life a meaning.

I know it seems like a small change, but the way your brain can go about the problem is completely different. When you're trying to find something, either you or it is lost and you're searching. But, when you're GIVING, you're then one in control of the situation.

So next, time you think you need to find meaning, think you have to GIVE meaning. It may seem small but it may make a big difference.

Don't let other people not supporting you get you down. If that's what you want to do, do it with your head held high. Nursing is one of the hardest jobs on the planet. The only reason I'm still hear is because of some very nice nurses and doctors who were willing to do a hard job.

I know I couldn't handle, and I want to thank you for deciding to do it. Whenever I serve a nurse at my job I try to be extra nice because I know what they go through to make the world a better place for the rest of us.

You might already have meaning for your life but couldn't see it for the nay-sayers.

Ps. Check out this cool art/qoute blog. It's called Zenpencils, it's quickly become one of my favourite blogs: http://zenpencils.com/

Good luck and thank you for being a nurse.

BloomManifesto said:
You say that you have to find a meaning for your life. I think this is incorrect and inherently flawed. It's not that you have to find a meaning for your life. You have to GIVE your life a meaning.

Good luck and thank you for being a nurse.

but its hard to give a meaning to life when u have no one and no where to go and nothing to do

kamya said:
No one knows. There are tons of possible explanations though. This one is interesting at least. The egg.
its interesting but it blew my mind! its hard to understand the whole world when u cant even understand urself

Maybe your reason to live is to find a reason to live?

I think life is simply for living. There is no specific path to take. It's up to the beholder of life to do what they want to do. What the beholder of life is able to do will vary from one to the next, as everyone lives via different circumstances. Some beholders are rich and famous. Some beholders are poor and infamous. Just do what you feel is right and everything will work out, fellow beholders :]

I agree with BloomManifesto, I think I said it before once on this forum but I think every person has to find a meaning to his life. If they want to... not everyone wants it but most of us want to feel important for something and that's why sometimes we struggle to give our lives a meaning...

For me is creating art, expressing my deepest toguhts. Also helping the world and others.

Last but not least, enjoying life. That's an important part too.

I believe we all go through pain and grief to grow, without pain we wouldn't enjoy those good times. Life is painful and it's devestating when no one cares. :(

Go for that dream of yours and don't let anyone stand in your way. :)

No idea why. The purpose is to not live a joyless life and not to take the joy from others.

Yes I agree with you. Some people just suck you dry, take all the joy from you. They're like leeches.

Life serves no greater purpose. In the big picture, we're just organisms like any other beings, living is our one true unified goal. Is life worth it? That's very individual. I would rather not have been born, not dependent upon whether or not life is good or bad. I'd just rather have nothing than whatever I'd be able to have in life.

You live to die. And I think that whole life is like one big lesson to learn. Life is for learning too and enjoying about little good things. :>

Life is worth what you make it worth. Most people are born with healthy brains to think and experiences to make decisions in their future. I think everyone has a different purpose in life. It all depends whether you find it or whether you make it your purpose. I think that's why most of us are each given free will in this life. To decide what living is for.

there was a message on life this morning.
10% of life is unexpected, the remaining 90% is based on our reactions to this 10%.....

Do you know about "Third level of Happiness"? That's how we make our life worth living :) Nursing is a very good profession..Goodluck :)

BrokenInside said:
Do you know about "Third level of Happiness"? That's how we make our life worth living :) Nursing is a very good profession..Goodluck :)

So do I get an extra life for jumping on turtles or is it still animal cruelty?

Happiness Level 1:
The first and most basic level of happiness comes from things outside ourselves and involve one or more of the five senses. The pleasure they give is immediate and direct such as eating an ice cream cone, buying a brand new car, going on vacation. Their pleasure is short lived and intermittent. They must be replaced by yet another ice cream cone, or new car, or vacation. Until such replacements take place our happiness is on hold.

Happiness Level 2:
The second level of happiness involves the ego. (Ego is Latin for I) This kind of happiness comes whenever I am in control, the focus of attention, the object of admiration, whenever I see myself as superior to others. Hence, whenever I win, gain power, am admired, or gain popularity I feel happy and pleased with myself. My ego has been affirmed. That which I think is the most important thing in the world (me) has received approval.

Happiness Level 3:
The second level of happiness is not totally satisfying. There is something missing. Humans also desire love, truth, goodness/justice, beauty, and being. These desires are often expressed in acts of charity—seeking cures, being concerned with one’s neighbor, making sacrifices, forgiving personal injuries. We want to make the world a better place and so we offer our lives, time, energy, and talent for the welfare of others. Our happiness, we learn, cannot be separated from the happiness of others. The common good is an integral part of our personal happiness.

Happiness Level 4:
Even the third level of happiness does not exhaust the scope of human desire. Humans are pulled by their desire for the sublime, something beyond their imagination, beyond their complete understanding. To be sure, they desire love, goodness, truth, beauty, and being as they experience them in the world; but they also desire these in their perfected and unlimited form. Those of faith recognize this as their desire for God. For those having no faith, they can treat this as an awareness of a seemingly unconditional horizon surrounding human curiosity, creativity, spirit, and achievement.

[/quote]

So do I get an extra life for jumping on turtles or is it still animal cruelty?

Happiness Level 1:
The first and most basic level of happiness comes from things outside ourselves and involve one or more of the five senses. The pleasure they give is immediate and direct such as eating an ice cream cone, buying a brand new car, going on vacation. Their pleasure is short lived and intermittent. They must be replaced by yet another ice cream cone, or new car, or vacation. Until such replacements take place our happiness is on hold.

Happiness Level 2:
The second level of happiness involves the ego. (Ego is Latin for I) This kind of happiness comes whenever I am in control, the focus of attention, the object of admiration, whenever I see myself as superior to others. Hence, whenever I win, gain power, am admired, or gain popularity I feel happy and pleased with myself. My ego has been affirmed. That which I think is the most important thing in the world (me) has received approval.

Happiness Level 3:
The second level of happiness is not totally satisfying. There is something missing. Humans also desire love, truth, goodness/justice, beauty, and being. These desires are often expressed in acts of charity—seeking cures, being concerned with one’s neighbor, making sacrifices, forgiving personal injuries. We want to make the world a better place and so we offer our lives, time, energy, and talent for the welfare of others. Our happiness, we learn, cannot be separated from the happiness of others. The common good is an integral part of our personal happiness.

Happiness Level 4:
Even the third level of happiness does not exhaust the scope of human desire. Humans are pulled by their desire for the sublime, something beyond their imagination, beyond their complete understanding. To be sure, they desire love, goodness, truth, beauty, and being as they experience them in the world; but they also desire these in their perfected and unlimited form. Those of faith recognize this as their desire for God. For those having no faith, they can treat this as an awareness of a seemingly unconditional horizon surrounding human curiosity, creativity, spirit, and achievement.
[/quote]
What level satisfies you more? Purely your choice!

What level satisfies you more? Purely your choice!
[/quote]
probably the forth level. The other 3 ones arent enough for me. I want things that i can't even imagine. For me being happy has another meaning. for me being happy is to know yourself, is to control your soul...

Life could be the result of the very nature of our universe, therefore not 'for' anything, just something that happens, whatever you do with your time (and time is the word) is up to you...

Latest posts

Back