What is something about you that people don't realize?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rohini

Reaction score
Just something I was thinking about..
For me. I am sensitive. Very sensitive. I usually don't show it outwardly, in day to day life, but it is what it is. Things bother me, I am human..

My sensitivity has led me to taking in and helping many animals. (many many cats lol) Cats and dogs a like.. like finding a dog outside in the middle of the night with a collar on, bringing the dog back to my home, calling the number on the collar and having the owner drive 45 mins in the middle of the night just to get his dog back. There's no way I was going to leave a dog outside like that who clearly was not a stray (odd story behind what the owner told me too.. but I digress)

What trait(s) do you have that people often just don't seem to understand and/or realize?

I think people often mistake me for being standoffish or stuck-up when I'm anything but. I think shy, quiet people often get mistaken for this trait when it's really more of a matter of not knowing what to say or how to initiate conversation (especially among strangers).
This too ringwood. . another problem through out my life. I was always the painfully shy child growing up and really the same in my teens, I can't count how many people who later became dear friends of mine, told me later that they thought I was going to be snobby/stand-offish. People always think that when you're quiet and really don't know what to say or are scared of looking 'stupid' in front of others.. always been a struggle for me. :(

They refuse to see that, to the difference of their own manner, my words are never empty. They probably think that when I'm striving to explain sth which is important to me, in either a good or bad direction, I'm only talking so to give my mouth some work.

Not all of the ppl in my life are like this -- I have few friends, like, abt 2, who will never think that I'm talking formally, when I talk. But the others, they really are not into seeing me as a real, tender (or strong, it depends what it is abt), equally alive thing.

That I pray for death every night.
But he never comes.
The b@$t@rd that he is...
I think that only a person can heal a person, from no matter what. And I wish to you, from all my heart, this to happen to you.

Sometimes, the person can be his/her own person of help and cure -- as it was said in another thread here. I never argue that. I'm just saying that another person can be of an enormous value in such situations.

I'm in the same boat as you. It's a beach at this point
I will say to you the same I said above. May there comes someone who to somehow makes you find all the reasons you need, so to get out of the dark and cold.

May you find the reason yourself, if this is possible. I'm saying abt another person only bc I am myself one who cant come it on auto-boost. I appreciate ppl who can do it. What I'm saying here is that I wish to you to do it, in either of the ways.

people don't realize that I'm not as happy as I seem to be. I fake smiles a lot, and when asked how I'm doing, I used to say "I'm good !"

recently I've started telling the truth, but I can see it makes people around me unconfortable because what do you do with the guy who doesn't dance at the party ?

people don't realize that I'm not as happy as I seem to be. I fake smiles a lot, and when asked how I'm doing, I used to say "I'm good !"

recently I've started telling the truth, but I can see it makes people around me unconfortable because what do you do with the guy who doesn't dance at the party ?

I skipped my prom, for exactly that reason, actually.
I had an old family friend (now long deceased, R.I.P.) teach me to play my first guitar chord that night instead.
Admittedly, part of the reason why I've not touched my guitar in 3 or 4 years now is because both of the men that have taught me how to play are dead, several of my biggest living influences have passed, and the professional side of it didn't mesh well with the artistic side of it for me.
So, I can't do it anymore.
But to Tim's memory, I do credit and am forever and eternally thankful, for him teaching me the language that is music.
Because that is a relationship that lasted me quite a bit longer than any other relationship I've ever had.

Latest posts

Back