What is the actual insanity?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Insanity is defined by Einstein as performing the same action over and over again and expecting different results.

If you do that, you're insane. If you don't, you're probably just a bit strange. Nowt wrong with being strange. More interesting.

Einstein's definition is pretty subjective. A carpenter for example performs the same action all his life, this doesn't guarantee he is insane.
For me being insane is being misunderstood by the people around you and to not understand yourself. Not being able to take responsibility for your actions. :)

When you find yourself masturbating into a jar of crunchy peanut butter, then.... then it is time to stop and say. "honeysuckle... I must be insane!" :O

Rosebud you misunderstand what Einstein said, it's performing the same action over and over and expecting different results. A carpenter expects the same results every time, that's efficiency.

I have many different views of insanity, depends on what it is being applied to.

Chellowind said:
The word insane is thrown around alot. Alot of times, people call me crazy and I call people crazy, so what is actual insanity?

Well, a good thing to see is if you appear to be functionally impaired in some way, and have objectively accomplished less than others of your age and education. Have you?

IgnoredOne said:
Chellowind said:
The word insane is thrown around alot. Alot of times, people call me crazy and I call people crazy, so what is actual insanity?

Well, a good thing to see is if you appear to be functionally impaired in some way, and have objectively accomplished less than others of your age and education. Have you?
A little I guess.

Limlim said:
When you find yourself masturbating into a jar of crunchy peanut butter, then.... then it is time to stop and say. "honeysuckle... I must be insane!" :O

Oh my god, lim, you are SUCH a freak :D

Anyway. I used to work in the mental health field. I see insanity as being more of a legal term. The only context in which I've heard it used seriously is in the field of law. Crazy seems to be used more as slang.

Teresa

My own definition of insanity is doing things that are extremely out of social norms on a regular basis and with no good logic to justify those actions

Chellowind said:
Anxiety, depression, strange thoughts...

You may suffer from depression and/or some form of an anxiety disorder. Besides potentially speaking with a counselor, I would suggest that you seek out something that you can truly believe/love in, and then try to enunciate it. If it is something that you can work to make it happen, then you may find a great deal of happiness again and can progress beyond any functional issues.

IgnoredOne said:
Chellowind said:
Anxiety, depression, strange thoughts...

You may suffer from depression and/or some form of an anxiety disorder. Besides potentially speaking with a counselor, I would suggest that you seek out something that you can truly believe/love in, and then try to enunciate it. If it is something that you can work to make it happen, then you may find a great deal of happiness again and can progress beyond any functional issues.
The thread wasnt really to figure out my problem, but to know what actual insanity is, but thanks anyway:)

I"m glad I can help :)

There is no litimus test for 'actual' versus 'false' insanity: insanity is legally defined by a variety of factors determining, essentially, that the individual is entirely incapable of making a judgment between what was legal and moral as decided by the reasonable person.

Latest posts

Back