What is the craziest thing you`ve done?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Katerina said:
When I was 19 I decided to go out and volunteer in Africa for a month. I had never traveled on my own before and was scary going. Did things like running around the bush looking for poisoned vultures and rescued cheetahs etc. Enjoyed my time there but got stung by a scorpion on the day I was leaving. There was a period of time after that where I didn't know whether it was dangerous species or not. Luckily it wasn't but it hurt for a month!

That sounds like a really great adventure, i hope you have very fond memories from that trip.

I've done hundreds of 'crazy' things. I'm not sure I particularly want to admit to most of them here though. Most of them involve alcohol, narcotics and various illegal acts. I'll ignore all of those and add something that I'm not particularly bothered about instead...

Nope, changed my mind on that too. I'm a good boy and always have been...

Rosebolt said:
That sounds like a really great adventure, i hope you have very fond memories from that trip.

Definitely, it was a once-in-a-lifetime kind of trip. I got to look after animals every day, bottle-feed antelope and cheetah cubs, go on safari. It was amazing experience. :)

Katerina said:
Definitely, it was a once-in-a-lifetime kind of trip. I got to look after animals every day, bottle-feed antelope and cheetah cubs, go on safari. It was amazing experience. :)

I'm happy for you. :)

I haven't done anything crazy, byaahh. So boring, lol. I wish I could try something crazy someday, maybe a sky diving?

lonelyfairy said:
I haven't done anything crazy, byaahh. So boring, lol. I wish I could try something crazy someday, maybe a sky diving?

If you want to do it I say go for it. I know someone who did a tandem sky dive for their 40th birthday and they really enjoyed it. :)

I've always wanted to go Sky Diving. I'm terrified of heights and yet I've found the idea intriguing since watching Point Break when I was in my late teens. I looked into doing it for charity when I was younger, but I was very overweight, cripplingly shy and socially inept, so I put it on the back burner.

I'm not overweight any longer and although still shy, I'm not crippled by it. Maybe I should look into it again? I'm worried that I might find the whole thing slightly underwhelming now that I have no one else to share it with.

While reading this thread, I'm also noticing that although I'm cripplingly shy and had a relatively sedate last 15 years, that I may have had a slightly more 'crazy' youth than the average forum member.

Hmm...

- left home at 18 to backpack around the world on my own;
- lived in a Buddhist temple for a year with no electricity or home comforts;
- hunted wild bears with a bow and arrow, skinned and ate them;
- flown a helicopter over "dangerous" zones;
- got married;
- had a brain tumour removed last week.

Climbed a mountain in the Lake District, England aged 15. Ten months after nearly dying from a brain haemorrhage. My balance and co-ordination were all out, and I was still semi paralysed but I made it, and it was one of the proudest moments of my life. My neurosurgeon went nuts that I'd even attempted it but it was the biggest f**k you to my disabilities I could manage :)

h3donist said:
Climbed a mountain in the Lake District, England aged 15. Ten months after nearly dying from a brain haemorrhage. My balance and co-ordination were all out, and I was still semi paralysed but I made it, and it was one of the proudest moments of my life. My neurosurgeon went nuts that I'd even attempted it but it was the biggest f**k you to my disabilities I could manage :)

Foolhardy perhaps, but inspiring all the same. I admire people that can stand tall when life does it's best to drag them down. Which mountain was it?

It was Helvellyn. At the time I didn't even consider it being a danger, and I was with a Scout troop so we had all the necessary equipment, but yes looking back it was foolhardy. I think I'd just had enough of people telling my I couldn't, so I went out to prove I could :)

h3donist said:
It was Helvellyn. At the time I didn't even consider it being a danger, and I was with a Scout troop so we had all the necessary equipment, but yes looking back it was foolhardy. I think I'd just had enough of people telling my I couldn't, so I went out to prove I could :)

Wait. Scouts? CLIMBING MOUNTAINS?!? Like... as in vertically scaling a mountain and not just walking on a trail up one?
My god, your scout troop's hardcore! Mine never did anything like that!

Mr Seal The Albatros said:
h3donist said:

Wait. Scouts? CLIMBING MOUNTAINS?!? Like... as in vertically scaling a mountain and not just walking on a trail up one?

I live in the Lake District and I can tell you that it's likely that the majority of it was a trail, but it's still dangerous. People fall quite regularly. A bloke just died last month after slipping and falling.

Mr Seal The Albatros said:
h3donist said:

Well it is a trail mostly but there are two massive ridges (Striding Edge and Swirral Edge) and a scramble climb at the top so it's a pretty hard climb even though it's not quite Mountaineering. People die on that mountain often (usually in winter though)

Katerina said:
lonelyfairy said:

If you want to do it I say go for it. I know someone who did a tandem sky dive for their 40th birthday and they really enjoyed it. :)

That's sooo scary. xD I really want to try it someday, though I would be so afraid that something would go wrong that ''the thing'' wouldn't open. <.<

Cavey said:
I've always wanted to go Sky Diving. I'm terrified of heights and yet I've found the idea intriguing since watching Point Break when I was in my late teens. I looked into doing it for charity when I was younger, but I was very overweight, cripplingly shy and socially inept, so I put it on the back burner.

I'm not overweight any longer and although still shy, I'm not crippled by it. Maybe I should look into it again? I'm worried that I might find the whole thing slightly underwhelming now that I have no one else to share it with.

While reading this thread, I'm also noticing that although I'm cripplingly shy and had a relatively sedate last 15 years, that I may have had a slightly more 'crazy' youth than the average forum member.

I'm terrified of heights too and I still want to do it, crazy eh? :D

Charity is a great idea and very admirable. :)

I've done a lot of stupid honeysuckle - from almost over-dosing to stealing cars to almost beating someone senseless (well he was, I guess) to getting drunk at work.... One of my best moments was getting high on the roof of a school after a night of intense drinking. Cops showed up and I fell off the roof in my attempt to run and ended up with broken ribs and getting arrested anyway. That's usually how I do things. At least I didn't get charged.

now that you make me think about it, haven't done half enough of crazy things, will do some right away

Well, there ain't no law against driving around with a Jason Voorhees mask on... I actually did this 4 or 5 times. Drove safely, never got pulled over... :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back