What is the sweetest thing someone has ever said to you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naleena

Reaction score
Don't you just love those sincere coments from another person that makes you go "awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww."
What is the sweetest thing or one of the sweetest things anyone has ever said to you? It doesn't have to be a romantic partner. It could be anyone.

wow, this is challenging. I think it was my mom saying that she believed in me and that she loved me this past weekend. :D

I couldnt ask for a better mother :)

the sweetest thing off the top of my head is when my girlfriend (now ex that just moved 400 miles away)
called me her best friend. previous to her, i always wanted to believe my gf before that and me were best
friends but then realised we only really were keeping up appearances. then to hear brittney say it was the
best thing ever. my heart melted. isnt that what you want? a lover that is also your best friend? i kinda miss it (and her) still, but im on my own, and im all i got!!

My ex of two years told me I was the best thing ever to happen to her....If only i could go back and un do what i did.

My ex said I was the best boyfriend she has ever had. She said it months after we broke up, so it's even more sweeter :D

My daughters say the sweetest, most spontaneous things all the time. It takes my breath away and can sometimes get me all choked up.

Things like: "Mommy, you're the best cook ever. You should go on Hell's Kitchen because Chef Ramsay would love your food."

or:

"Mommy, I love your paintings and your stories. You're going to be famous and I can tell everyone that I know you and that you bake me brownies!"

"I like your (insert anything)"

A simple compliment is probably the sweetest thing someone has ever said to me, or I consider it to be, probably wasn't real but they really make my day. Or that I said something on a random site on the interweb and someone said she/he enjoyed reading what I just typed, I think that's something "sweet" too, considering no one likes to hear my babbling (at least the non negative ones).

"You have nice hair"

Yeah, not exactly a "awww" comment, but hey, I'll take compliments where I can get them.

when my ex girlfriend used to say that i was special and to hold my head up. she would usually pick my chin up too, which always gave me butterflies. **** i miss her.

I've had plenty of precious moments in my life....

My daughter Tiffany used to sit on the front steps of the house and wait for me to come home from work
almost everyday. She would run up to me and give me hug. I'd pick her up and carry her in my arms before I'm
even our of my car.
After a long day at work with screaming bosses and demanding customers...seeing her laughter and smile made my day.
Somedays I would put her on my lap and take her for a ride on our go-kart (she would have our helmets ready.lol)
Other times I'd just hold her in my arms and rock back and forth on her swing set as we both watch the sunset together.
On some mornings...I'd awkening to my two daughter jumping on my bed, luaghing, smiling and giggling.

I remember coming home very tired and fustrated from my job...I had a very, very bad day at work.
I also remember Tiffany telling me she too have had a bad day that day at school.
Then she told me this......(she was only 6 years old at that time)
" its dosn't matter, as long as we love each other, thats what important. I love you very much"

Tiffany is a young woman now. She has a lot of challenges in life and trying to be an adult.
Whatever pains or heartaches she was experincing, she hasnt forgotten who she truely is and what's important.
After being seperated for 12 years becuase her mother and I broke up, we contacted each other.
Tiffany tells me that she loves me.
I love her very, very much.
As long we love each other ...that's what important.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The day I met Jenni in person. I've spoken to Jenni for almost a year previousely.
She made home made cupcakes for me. She also brought her diary of her childhood.
It had everything personal about her in it...of all her hopes and dreams and even her favorite ryhmes.
She actaully open it and showed me everything .All of her journalling and secrets.
The cupcakes touch me becuase for the first time in a long time someone actaully took time to do something for me.
She baked them with love...That's was her nick name I used to call her...
She totally blew my mind...She was stundingly beautiful in person on the inside and outside.
She used to tell me this all the time "How do we get there?"
At first it went completely over my head of what she was actaully saying to me.
Even the last night I spent with her, she told me the samething" how do we get to that piont, Michael?"
Most of time i was thinking to myself...errr, wtf???? why is this beautiful babe wants anything to do with me...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well.....just recently.
After 20 years of not hearing from my ex-wf....
She calls me everymorning just to talk to me. Just hearing her vioce makes my day.
It's alot more to it than that....
In my last long term relationship...my ex-gf left me for dead after I got laid off from a company I've been with for almost 18 years.
It made me feel like trash that was used and abuse and thrown away....

I told my ex-wf that I was umemployed...
My ex-wf reminded me...that when she asked me out. I didn't have a dime my name. She loves me and it wasn't about the money.
Besides...a bounch of guys was hitting on her but she asked me out. She totally blew my mind...
Not in a million years did I expect her to be helping me get through some challenges in my life today...
Not in a million years did I expect her to call me everyday today and tells me that she loves me very much...
Out of all the people in this world, it's my ex-wf that's encouraging me and giving me hope.
I'm employ today.

Hi Lonesome Crow, good to hear you have found employment and that you still have wonderful people around you who loves you :) That's gotta be the best feeling in the world, I think...to know that even though parts of your life is crumbling down, there are still some precious people around who will help you hold up the pillars.

Wonderful thread, i've enjoyed reading these replies :)

Just knowing my family loves me unconditionally can be the most beautiful thing in the world to me. I wish I wasn't so blind to it sometimes though, when getting into a routine and life becomes monotonous it has a way of obscuring the simple things we should be grateful for. My sister would do anything for me, and my mother. I lovethem.

As for the women in my life, its always internet relationships but it can still make me smile to be told i'm a beautiful person and like a brother to a girl who lives too many hours away for me to regularly visit or have even met.

I had my last ex say to me those three simple words - "I Love You". That was really sweet.......

..........until a few months later when I realised she didn't even mean it.

Not that I'm still bitter of course :)

A guy i used to be friends with benefits with said he couldnt believe he was with me, that i looked like i just walked out of a GQ magazine. that was cool.

the other day I got a hug from a friend and i really enjoyed it but didnt want to squeeze too hard and weird them out lol :( i just dont get hugs very often

"And you know what's so nice, I can easily see now that you're going to be one fantastic guitarist", my guitar teacher, and that was only my.. maybe 10th lesson lol.

I've been called an angel, but that was from my mother. Does that count?

"You're a good man, son."

...this from a guy I admire a lot. (Not my dad, though...just an old-school sort of guy who calls every male younger than him, 'son.' :p) If there were one man I could emulate, it would be him...the man is a lion among men...and to have him say that to me was just really awesome.

----Steve

Latest posts

Back