What is truly a friend?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regumika said:
Just some examples of real friends. A real friend is...

...someone who you haven't spoken to for years and responds as if it was just yesterday.

I agree with this. I have a friend that I've known for 15 years. We met through work and eventually moved on to other jobs but kept in touch. There are times where we go a year or two without contact but when we meet up again, it's like we just talked yesterday. We just pick up right where we left off and it's so easy because we get along so well. To me, that defines a friend - someone you can have a conversation with that never comes to an end.

-Teresa

I think for me at this point the definition of a friend would be somebody who just didnt dissapear on me after a few weeks or months.

A friend is someone who you have a mutual affection for. It's a social bond with a person who you can trust, have common interests, honesty, supporting each other in hard times etc.

A friend will help you move. A true friend will help you move the body. ;)

I'm the luckiest person on the planet when it comes to best friends. I have one and she is the truest friend anyone could want.
I think a friend is someone who laughs when you laugh, hurts when you hurt. Someone you can all at 2am and they'll be there for you. Someone who knows you're not perfect, but loves you anyway.

SofiasMami said:
Regumika said:
Just some examples of real friends. A real friend is...

...someone who you haven't spoken to for years and responds as if it was just yesterday.

I agree with this. I have a friend that I've known for 15 years. We met through work and eventually moved on to other jobs but kept in touch. There are times where we go a year or two without contact but when we meet up again, it's like we just talked yesterday. We just pick up right where we left off and it's so easy because we get along so well. To me, that defines a friend - someone you can have a conversation with that never comes to an end.

-Teresa

Yep...same here.

A Friend is someone you can trust.
Someone you can tell your secret's too.
Someone who will be beside you,and help you through the good time's and the bad.
Someone who will be there to listen and give good advice.
A Friend is someone who know's that you would do the same for them.

You have to trust someone to be betrayed.
A friend is someone who will inevitably betray you. No matter what, it will end harshly. If it's the end, end it on your terms. Throw them away.

i agree with most things mentioned, a real friend is a person that will be there for you no matter what. that you can trust, and know that they will always love you and support you, even if you abandoned them and kept them away from you for 2 years. a person that will be honest with you even if it means telling you that you are stupid for loving a person that's hurting you, and that you need to get your life back on track. a person that will be on your side against everyone else, even if you're wrong

A true friend is someone who will always stay by your side through the thick and thin, won't judge you for being different, even if you have different interests. That will come to you when you need them the most and try to make you laugh if you're having a rough day. Hang out together and enjoy each others company.

A true friend doesn't ask why you killed them. A true friend grabs the shovel and asks where do start digging. :p

Someone who likes you for you, not for the advantages that you could bring them.
Someone who wants to spend time with you to enjoy your company, not exclusively by calling last minute on weekend nights to go out when all other plans have failed.
Someone who will make you feel worthy, or will try to convince you that you are in case you disagree.

Peaches said:
Someone who likes you for you, not for the advantages that you could bring them.
Someone who wants to spend time with you to enjoy your company, not exclusively by calling last minute on weekend nights to go out when all other plans have failed.
Someone who will make you feel worthy, or will try to convince you that you are in case you disagree.

+1

Latest posts

Back