What is work for you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think work can give a future even mc donalds there are opportunities everywhere even in mc donalds you get promoted etc, or the other route is you find a job that allows you to study like a security job or working a petrol station at night to study, or to start a small business idea, there is all kinds of opportunities out there you just have to think outside the box and seek them out.

I have worked loads of jobs, they all offered opportunities just none worked out that well for me, for different reasons, thats life move on to the next opportunity. I have been in work for a year before that I was out of work for a year and a half not a nice time, work aside. I have been in jobs that made me feel in a real rut and depressed, now I look back and just think it was inevitable for me to seek a better path.

I see a lot of people going away to teach English in Asia I would like to do this but would miss my kids to much, but otherwise I would go as Asia is boom time you get out there as a teacher and the sky is the limit so many opps out there.

TropicalStarfish said:
Bank tellers are better than burger flippers? fresia banks man. Banks are ********.

Its good to know where your future is headed.

<3

Its good to know where your future is headed.

<3

"The True Gentleman is the man whose conduct proceeds from good will and an acute sense of propriety, and whose self-control is equal to all emergencies; who does not make the poor man conscious of his poverty, the obscure man of his obscurity, or any man of his inferiority or deformity...a man with whom honor is sacred and virtue safe."

Well I may not be a gentleman, but at least I'm not a hypocrite. Right now, anyway.

Thrasymachus said:
Sadly they don't really have working class songs in the English language, we only have escapist music about sex, drugs and rock n' roll.

[video=youtube]

For me, it's soon going to be over. :p At least for a time. I'd be rather worried if work was the alpha and omega of our lives.

Bread said:
For me, it's soon going to be over. :p At least for a time. I'd be rather worried if work was the alpha and omega of our lives.

Haha. Good to know at least that's done with for now.

Sci-Fi said:
I like my job, I get to work with my hands, get to meet new people everyday, allows my to socialize with people which I normally shy away from outside of work, and I get to learn new things and teach those things to others.

I feel the same way about mine. Constantly learning how to run a tight ship as a junior assistant manager, I like leading by example even if it means cleaning the toilets. It's not that I'd be told to, just that someone's got to do it.

The satisfaction of pulling the perfect cappuccino, a skinny latte or a deep dark espresso while under pressure of serving a queue of customers is great; I get on a roll when the pressure piles on, act cool and always serve with a smile. Job satisfaction also comes with a share of staff tips.

Always there is a down side to a job. Mine is getting up before the crack of dawn in darkness, and getting a lift to work to unlock and set up what is going to be a busy and often frenetic brasserie-cum-coffee bar. but after my shift when I arrive home, I'll take a nap before having a walk along a lonely beach.

My job helps pay the bills that my brother and I share. I cannot live by writing alone. It has to be supplemented, even if it means crawling out of bed at 05:00 to open up shop at 6. And I get a little perk or two. One is petrol expenses for my second-hand Fiat 500. The other is a Christmas bonus from company profits.

Maybe I should write a book called The Barista's Life. :)

Love, Anna Mouse

Latest posts

Back