what is you new years resolution?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toxic-tears

Reaction score
i been making alot of new years resolution in my since grade school. i only got few resolutions that i really kept. like being a good girl, lose some weight( yet i gain it back again), etc..

What would be your new years reasolution?.

my aim fror 2008 is to study very well. try to be one of the best student in class. and hoping to get a title when gradution comes.

I don't really give much thought to our socially-constructed measurement of time. I make resolutions as necessary, regardless of what day of the year it is.

That said, I do have several "resolutions", but 2008 won't conceptually affect them.

I cannot wait for 2008, 2007 have been really crap for me :rolleyes:

2008NY resolution would have to be:

*Get a job
* Lose lots of weight
* Go out more, make new friends, be more socially active
*Get a car
*Go back to University after having my course deferred for 1 year

That's just my main ones, I probably have more just couldnt be bothered typing it all lol :p

to build a time machine so I can go back in time to this time when I thought to build a time machine and convince myself not to build it so I don't waste all my time making a time machine to go back in time and convince myself not to make a time machine so I don't waste my time making a time machine to go back in time and convince myself not to make a time machine...

*hours later*

Or maybe I'll just to do some more traveling, back packing, and camping this year... spend more time with nature.

Whoa Lito looks like you got stuck in a never ending paradox there, time machines can have that effect:D

I usually don't make resolutions till the very last minute, hmm actually having time to think about this I guess my resolutions will be these:

-Get really good grades, I'm hoping straight A's
-Gain some weight in the form of muscles from exercising
-Make some new friends or at least not to lose anymore
-Make it to at least the second round of the next ping pong tournament
-Join a club or some kind of organization...

That's probably too ambitious some of these won't get done:p

Lost in the Oilfield said:
to build a time machine so I can go back in time to this time when I thought to build a time machine and convince myself not to build it so I don't waste all my time making a time machine to go back in time and convince myself not to make a time machine so I don't waste my time making a time machine to go back in time and convince myself not to make a time machine...

*hours later*

Or maybe I'll just to do some more traveling, back packing, and camping this year... spend more time with nature.
Lmao...

I don't usually do new year's resolutions. There are resolutions but not new year resolutions...and I'm just looking forward to March.

mink said:
I don't usually do new year's resolutions. There are resolutions but not new year resolutions...and I'm just looking forward to March.

any special on March?.... i bet you do!

as soon as I make resolutions or set goals or talk about it I usually don't finish them....wtf

Hm, I guess I should get my license. Yeah, I'll do that.

gotta do something /cause its not getting any better/ going nowhere/down hill at the speed of light. Just wish someone stepped in, rewrote the whole scrypt of my life and turned it around in the whole opposite direction. have a fever, talking some crazy s***

Lonely Boy from OZ said:
I cannot wait for 2008, 2007 have been really crap for me :rolleyes:

2008NY resolution would have to be:

*Get a job
* Lose lots of weight
* Go out more, make new friends, be more socially active
*Get a car
*Go back to University after having my course deferred for 1 year

That's just my main ones, I probably have more just couldnt be bothered typing it all lol :p

Shake hands!!.. Good LUCK!

toxic-tears said:
mink said:

any special on March?.... i bet you do!
Lol that's when I graduate :D
And welcome a 5-month break after that :D

I think the best thing to do is to make the resolution after you have already accomplished it... that way you always come out ahead and never fail to follow through on a resolution :p

So this year past I quit smoking... so my resolution for 2008 will be to quit smoking... and since I've already quit smoking I'm already ahead of the game and can get working on my resolution for next year :D

I think the best thing to do is to make the resolution after you have already accomplished it... that way you always come out ahead and never fail to follow through on a resolution :p

So this year past I quit smoking... so my resolution for 2008 will be to quit smoking... and since I've already quit smoking I'm already ahead of the game and can get working on my resolution for next year :D

i know it is hard to quit smoking. Thats a big accomplishment there dude!. Congratulations.!!

toxic-tears said:

i know it is hard to quit smoking. Thats a big accomplishment there dude!. Congratulations.!!

Funny thing was... all the times I've tried to quit... all the anxiety... all the self-loathing from being controlled by something so small, expensive, unhealthy, dirty, and smelly... when I finally did quit for good it wasn't like some big ordeal it had always been before. I just set in my mind that I would quit... I was working full time at a job site with no other smokers and I just ate and exercised constantly... It was always so difficult before though because I was either somewhere with lots of smokers, or I just couldn't afford, or didn't have the time, to be eating all the time (found the eating helped immensely). I'm glad I quit... I gained a few pounds, but that's good cause I was too lean anyway... I get cravings every so often, but haven't caved in to them yet... the worst is when I'm stressed or feeling really anxious... those times I have no substitute I can think of besides smoking, so I just suffer through it till the feeling passes. I tried booze, but it's never really been my thing... I did get a bottle of Baha Rosa for christmas since I spent it alone... it was very tasty, and I got a little buzzed, made me feel a little better... but drinking just isn't my thing. So finding a healthy substitute for smoking has been difficult... going for walks is alright... but the peace of mind and stress release only really lasts while I'm outside in the cold air. Anyway I'm rambling... get back to resolutions!:p

Latest posts

Back