What is your most poignant reminder that you are lonely?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The-One

Reaction score
For me it was late last year when I was hit by a car, knocked unconscious and was rushed to Accident & Emergency in an ambulance.

The nurse asked me who I wanted to call. I couldn't think of anyone who would come (my parents do not reside in the country). When I was discharged, it was advised that someone watch me while I sleep incase of brain injury. I slept alone. The next 2 weeks I could hardly walk and I ordered takeaways because no one came to help me to buy food. They were too busy.

My time at university truly sucks.

The fact that I am the only one at my school that speaks Sign Language

And in response to the post above me: ((((((((((((((((((The-One))))))))))))))))))))))

While I was doing underground construction work oneday.
It was hotter than hell...So we took a break.
I was exhusted from the heat. I just collapsed where I was standing. 10 feet under ground
While laying on make back (it must had looked like I was dead to him).....
a co-work (sitting in an excuvator) said this to me......

"I can burry you right now ...you're more than 6 feet underground"
"If i burry you now...would anyone notice you were missing, would anyone cared ?"

I ran the question through my mind.....the answer was "NO".
For the longest time I didn't recieve a letter, a phone call from anyone.
I just went to work and came home...
while my GF was boucing of the fucken walls wacked out of her god **** mind.

It was a joke...but it was true.

He even made a comment of " Yeap...definitely fucken Sherry wouldn't be looking for your ass
until pay day ..anyways"

What really fresia me up was...I busted my ass for almost 2 years doing construction work
trying to take care of Sherry...She wasn't well. Many trips to the doctors...etc
Many pills or medications. No matter how bad it was...I never gave up on her.
\I got laid off...just like 300 other guys that worked for the company...becuase of the
economic crash..that effected everyone.

So we had to seperate for a while...until I can fine different work..which is messed up when it's 35% unemployment.
That was our understanding.. We talk on the phone for a week...everything was fine.
After a week I went to visit her and she told me she didn't love me anymore.
Without any explinations or anything. She just turned totally stone fucken cold.
12 years of my fucken life with the woman...and that's was what I got...not even 5 mins of her time.

It took me a while to try to wrap my head around that honeysuckle.
I still struggle with it today to a certain degree.
I have trust issues, abandent issues, acceptence issues, broken heart issues, attitude isuses and all kinds of fucken issues.

I'e gone through a deviorce and relationship break up before....I got over those.
but this honeysuckle with Sherry really,..really messed me up hard...Something inside of me fucken snapped.

Then 4 months later Jenni died...that really..really sent me over the fucken edge.

Summer.

Summer in a small town with a big lake and a river nearby will remind anyone that they're lonely.

Children. If I'm seeing them playing outside or anything like that then I feel lonely. It makes me missing my worriless childhood. :(

I am the only single person I know. And I know a LOT of people.

It sounds ridiculous but these days I feel loneliest when I'm around other people. When I'm left to my own thoughts and not reminded of how lonely I feel with others, I don't feel so lonely.

Sorry to hear about your accident. You would have thought someone would have made an effort for you. I hope you're OK now.

Nyktimos said:
It sounds ridiculous but these days I feel loneliest when I'm around other people. When I'm left to my own thoughts and not reminded of how lonely I feel with others, I don't feel so lonely.

Sorry to hear about your accident. You would have thought someone would have made an effort for you. I hope you're OK now.

Maybe because its a more solid reminder of what you dont have...

its in your face, you cant avoid it when you are around others ..

you can directly see what you dont have.

I don't think I'm really lonely anymore. Sure, I don't have friends or anyone to hang out with, but nor do I have any enemies. I am getting by fine, and doing very well academically. I feel good.

Caesium said:
I don't think I'm really lonely anymore. Sure, I don't have friends or anyone to hang out with, but nor do I have any enemies. I am getting by fine, and doing very well academically. I feel good.

Yay Caesium

The-One said:
For me it was late last year when I was hit by a car, knocked unconscious and was rushed to Accident & Emergency in an ambulance.

The nurse asked me who I wanted to call. I couldn't think of anyone who would come (my parents do not reside in the country). When I was discharged, it was advised that someone watch me while I sleep incase of brain injury. I slept alone. The next 2 weeks I could hardly walk and I ordered takeaways because no one came to help me to buy food. They were too busy.

My time at university truly sucks.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((The One))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

There are a few things that make me remember just how lonely I am.

Every weekend when my bf is out with his friends and I'm home alone listening to everybody coming back from the pub laughing and joking.I'm just sat watching tv or going on facebook, the same thing I do every night.There's nobody to talk to and I end up just drinking the night away,throwing up maybe and having a hangover all the next day.It's the nights when I am completely alone that make me remember.

Yesterday I had a big fight with my bf (something we do a lot) and my mum is in hospital getting treatment for breast cancer. We live miles apart anyway and there are issues there too so I can't talk to her,especially with all she's going through now.I have no friends and I was just crying on the sofa,nobody there to comfort me.I realised I have nobody to talk to.Those are the times I start to feel suicidal or like I need a drink.

I always feel alone.It makes me feel bitter and I hate what loneliness does to me.I'm not sure if it will ever change but what I do know is sometimes it feels like the lonliness is killing me.

AimeeLou84 said:
There are a few things that make me remember just how lonely I am.

Every weekend when my bf is out with his friends and I'm home alone listening to everybody coming back from the pub laughing and joking.I'm just sat watching tv or going on facebook, the same thing I do every night.There's nobody to talk to and I end up just drinking the night away,throwing up maybe and having a hangover all the next day.It's the nights when I am completely alone that make me remember.
That really sucks. I wonder why they have to have guys' night out every weekend - it doesn't hurt to take the girlfriends along some times.

Yesterday I had a big fight with my bf (something we do a lot) and my mum is in hospital getting treatment for breast cancer. We live miles apart anyway and there are issues there too so I can't talk to her,especially with all she's going through now.I have no friends and I was just crying on the sofa,nobody there to comfort me.I realised I have nobody to talk to.Those are the times I start to feel suicidal or like I need a drink.
Very sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she recovers and you guys can sort out whatever problems you have between you. If it's of any consolation, my grandma had breast cancer recently and although the recovery process isn't over yet, the treatment went very well (better than expected), and we're all hoping she will be fine in the long run.

I always feel alone.It makes me feel bitter and I hate what loneliness does to me.I'm not sure if it will ever change but what I do know is sometimes it feels like the lonliness is killing me.
I hear ya. I know exactly what you're talking about, I too feel very helpless at times and don't know what to do about it. It's a terrible feeling.

i never go out on saturday nights or friday nights :(

i probably type more words here on this forum, than speak to other people face to face

Latest posts

Back