What is your outdoor entertainment?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SophiaGrace said:
Archery is fun. :) I learned from my dad how to do it, and took a P.E. class in it in college. It's not hard to learn and I'm sure you can either set up an archery range in your back yard or go to an indoor range near where you live if you don't live in a big city.

Aww, after hearing you talk about this, I really wanna do it. I will!

I've actually want to learn archery. Specifically, I want to learn how to make homemade bow and arrows and actually hunt with it. I've always wanted to learn to hunt for food, and doing it with bow and arrows would be awesome.

TheRealCallie said:
WRONG! :club:
Outside doesn't have a/c...unless it's winter and cloudy, of course. Then, I'm all for it. :p

This is actually my sentiment for the most part. I was just remarking to lostear today (in real life) while we were walking outside in the sweltering heat that I wished the outdoors had a thermostat that I could control.

I don't mind the cold, but the heat makes me sweat and sweating makes me feel dirty. Dirty is an ew feeling for me.

Edit:

I should warn you, lostear can find anything, even air conditioned clothing.

Avoiding other people who want me to do stuff. Do they have a bar there? No? then I can't be bothered.

lostear said:
Specifically, I want to learn how to make homemade bow and arrows and actually hunt with it.

:0 That would be sooo cool!

On topic: Other outdoor entertainment for me would be visiting parks or gardens. Yeah, boring stuff.

WildernessWildChild said:
Solivagant said:
TheRealCallie said:
WildernessWildChild said:
The worst day outside beats any day inside.

WRONG! :club:
Outside doesn't have a/c...unless it's winter and cloudy, of course. Then, I'm all for it. :p

^ I agree!

So much weakness......

You're just mad because we aren't out there with you :p

TheRealCallie said:
You're just mad because we aren't out there with you :p

I'd sooooo put up an umbrella for you TRmC :my: And company would be great, I'd love to have people to toss a Frisbee with....

These. I spend as much time as I can there in the summer. I just came back two weeks ago from a visit. Hiked up to a waterfall during our freak hot weather. It was absolutely gorgeous. There's quite a few guiding outfits around too that you can take horses out. I love that, too. But I'm cool with just going to a lake or whatnot too. I love being outside.

rubon799.jpg

I've taught myself how to do off-road tracking in the forest.
So occasionally, if the weather and health permit it, I will go to the forest and intentionally go off trail, going a little further every time, and tracking my way back.

When you get deeper into it, you can find marvelous wonders of nature basically "right in your backyard" off the trail and roads. Sometimes, I run into a series of trees and stumps and vines that are so naturally grown and yet spaced so spontaneously with leaves all around that it feels nearly otherworldly and for a moment, I forget about how shitty life is.

It's a very cerebral experience.
However, also very dangerous, so I proceed with caution as always.
The trails are safe, but when you go off of them, you're venturing into untamed lands.
Where there's wildlife, and where the laws of nature assert themselves above the laws of man's falsified reality....err, sorry. I get carried away in reminiscence sometimes. I haven't been there in a year and a half.:) I should go again sometime soon though.

JHK said:
These. I spend as much time as I can there in the summer. I just came back two weeks ago from a visit. Hiked up to a waterfall during our freak hot weather. It was absolutely gorgeous. There's quite a few guiding outfits around too that you can take horses out. I love that, too. But I'm cool with just going to a lake or whatnot too. I love being outside.

rubon799.jpg

That looks beautiful, whereabouts is it? Banff? I'd love to go to Canada.

I'm outdoors a lot of the week just walking my dog through the fields of my village plus I'm out at various nature sites doing work in all weathers once a week. I've found a lot of new and interesting places to visit near me this way. I do a bit of nature photography when i can and in the summer months I've been canoeing and kayaking a few times along the river which is nice and peaceful.

Latest posts

Back