What is your weather like right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tv report says we can expect a cyclone soon in my place , India
so waiting for it to hit us .

Sunny and gorgeous... these high desert mornings are the best! Later, it'll be hot, with just a touch of humidity, as we're on the verge of the monsoon, but it's still mostly a dry heat. Living at elevation is the secret to comfort in Arizona, whether one is in the high desert or the mountains. My cats love these high desert mornings too, they all go outside and enjoy the freshness and the coolness before the heat of the day. They love sprawling on the view deck or down on the concrete slab under the metal awning on the east side... cat heaven.

For those traveling to or through Arizona at this time of year, try to stay at elevation, especially if you are camping or RVing. It's just SO much more comfortable if you're in the tall pines, or high enough in the desert where the temp remains cooler. These ranges are "sky islands" with different ecologies and lower temps, some even have primo mountain lakes where folks can relax, swim, picnic, etc. That's what I love about Arizona, it offers wide variety and a number of choices atop all that personal freedom, lol.

When I visited nearby Mt. Graham, which rises to 10720' elevation, I stopped to hang out by a beautiful lake at 9000', and the scented pines surrounding this lake added a nice touch, completely different from the high desert below. In fact, the temp down in the desert was in the 90s, but the temp at the lake was only 70 degrees. Sky island!!! If you want to beat the heat when summer sets in for real, go high... these places are ALWAYS cooler, and they cool off faster at night. Make a point of camping high, and you'll enjoy your trip... Cheers!!!

We had our like 2 weeks of decent weather for the year. Then we swung from cold and gloomy, to extreme heat.

I'm actually hoping, for the yard's sake, that we get some rain soon - as long as it's at a convenient time for me, of course. I like falling asleep to the rain.

That's why I live at elevation in Arizona... it gets hot here, but humidity is not really a factor. During the monsoon, we'll experience some humidity, but nowhere near as much felt at lower elevations. I thought about living in eastern Oklahoma before, over there by the lakes, but the humidity in summer was the deciding factor against it. I'll stick with Arizona, I like this state... it offers heaps of personal freedom, and the cost of living is still pretty low. I can actually own a home here free & clear, which I could NEVER do in Kalifornia. But I digress, lol. Hope ya'll catch some relief from the heat soon. Cheers!!!

Holy Cow! It's HOT out there right now... NOAA Weather has an 'Excessive Heat Warning' in effect for this area, calls for a high of 107 today here in Benson, 108 tomorrow and Monday. Plenty hot, that's for sure, and there's a smidgen of humidity to make it feel worse, so perhaps I spoke too soon in my previous post, lol. Temps are even hotter in Tucson & Phoenix, forecast calls for 114 degrees in Phoenix before Sunday evening.

Finished, are you burning up down there in Phoenix? I'm forted up with the A/C cranked, so no worries... just finished reading a good Western, MONTANA TERRITORY by Charles G. West. That Army scout John Hawk is badass, lol, one tough hombre! In this book, he's on the trail of some evil outlaws who robbed and massacred a group of Quakers... pretty good story, very entertaining, I highly recommend it, lol. 

I may have to check the library shelves for more John Hawk stories next time I go, I just grabbed this book off a display shelf near the checkout counter. Totally worth reading, but I like Westerns, and the struggle between good & evil also interests me. Those outlaws were some evil bastards too, lol... killing women & children along with the adult male Quakers. Good read, I recommend it to those who like Westerns.

Well, guess I'll kick back and watch a movie here shortly, I don't wanna go outside until it cools off a bit more, it's still plenty hot right now... I feel sorry for those working outdoors today, hope they stayed hydrated in this heat. Probably wouldn't hurt me to guzzle some water as well, lol. In fact, I just did, nice cold water outta the fridge, I keep the gallon jug in there to stay cool... water, the fluid of life! Cheers!!!

Sidewinder said:
Holy Cow! It's HOT out there right now... NOAA Weather has an 'Excessive Heat Warning' in effect for this area, calls for a high of 107 today here in Benson, 108 tomorrow and Monday. Plenty hot, that's for sure, and there's a smidgen of humidity to make it feel worse, so perhaps I spoke too soon in my previous post, lol. Temps are even hotter in Tucson & Phoenix, forecast calls for 114 degrees in Phoenix before Sunday evening.

What are you talking about? Today was still nice. This coming week it'll be 116 - 118 and 90 for the low. That'll be hot. It sucks when it doesn't cool down at night.

Yeah, that's what I like about Benson, it cools off faster due to the elevation, plus my home is on a hill so we catch a nice afternoon breeze to help cool things down. Hey, didja see that beautiful crescent moon in the sky? That thing is badass, me dear departed mum always liked crescent moons, especially with Venus 'in the cradle'---but I'll settle for that crescent alone tonight, I'm not one of those fooliots who is difficult to please, lol. I don't envy you for the temps ahead this coming week, you definitely got it hotter down there at lower elevation. I'm not as high here as I was in Show Low [3624' as opposed to roughly 6350'], but it's still high enough to cool off a bit faster, we're slated to have a low of 65 tonight, which is reasonable, I'll sleep atop my sheets as usual at this time of year, maybe pull covers near dawn, lol. Cheers!!!

Edit: Just looked at the evening sky again, now that it's darker... that's Venus down below the moon, isn't it? Hmm, maybe it'll work its way up so it's in the cradle in days or weeks ahead. Friend o' mine has a cool app on his smart phone, he just holds the phone up in any given direction under the stars at night, and the phone shows him the various constellations above in whichever direction he chooses. I guess the phone orients itself and pulls the constellations from files or whatever... pretty trick gadgetry though, I had to admire it when my friend busted it out and demonstrated its capabilities. Meh, I'm an old rogue dinosaur, 59 at the end of the month, so all this newfangled technology blows my mind... I slipped through the cracks a long time ago, and the 'March of Technology' is relentless, frankly I can't keep up with it, lol.

fresia IT, I CAN STILL ENJOY THE NIGHT SKY, ESPECIALLY AT ELEVATION WITH A MILLION STARS OVERHEAD... SOMETIMES I TELL MYSELF I'M A PRIZE-WINNING IDIOT FOR NOT LOOKING AT THE NIGHT SKY MORE OFTEN, LOL. CHEERS!!!  :rolleyes:

How ya doing down there in The Valley of the Sun, Finished? You burnt to a crisp yet? Hot here today, but a nice breeze kicked up so that'll cool things down... moi, I'm in the A/C sippin' rotgut vino, lol. 'Red Blend'---to be followed by that 'Shiraz' cr@p, 12.5% alcohol, 10-4? Gets the job done, lol. I gots plenty o' primo leftovers in the fridge too, but I'll wait till it cools off before I eat. I just answered an ad for a truck driving position here in Cochise County, generally local work, not OTR, sure would be nice to get back to work using my Arizona CDL-A, not to mention my current medical certificate and spotless MVR. But my considerable truck driving experience dates back at least a decade... these trucking outfits and their cheesedick insurance companies are their own worst enemies when it comes to hiring experienced drivers. ******* morons... meh, we'll see what happens.

P.S. Just finished another entertaining John Hawk tale by author Charles G. West, this time it was NO JUSTICE IN HELL, lol. Great books, those John Hawk stories, he's a badass mofo and one tough hombre to kill, and he gets into some scrapes too, lol. I've enjoyed reading this mini-series with John Hawk as the main character, hopefully ol' Chuck West kicks out a few more before he croaks. He sure dredges up some ornery outlaws for his Western tales, lol, and Hawk is an interesting character himself, I can relate to many of his personality traits. Cheers!!!

Yeah, it's **** hot here especially in the sun. Record heat yesterday, 118 degrees Fahrenheit, and 117 today. The wind is blowing and it feels like a giant blow drier set on burn.

Whew, that's hot... I remember being in Quartzsite when the thermometer hit 121, but it was still dry so it wasn't too bad. Any humidity makes things worse, that's for sure. Hey, maybe we'll catch a break today, it felt marginally cooler outside this morning... any drop in temperature would be welcome at this point.

It's already noticeably cooler here than it was at the same hour yesterday... plus a nice breeze has already picked up, so hang in there! This may signify the end of the brutal heat wave, WOOHOO!!! This cold beer tastes pretty good in celebration at 0900 hours on a Sunday morning, lol.   :cool:

Cue the Monty Python line: "AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!" Perhaps you've heard of Cerberus, the Three-Headed Dog? Well, this is CATBERUS, the friggin' Two-Headed Cat, lol. Instead of guarding the Gates of Hell, Catberus is guarding one end of the dining room table:

View attachment 9 

Actually, it's that knucklehaid Tiger horning in on Fathead's breakfast this morning. Tiger's on the left, Fathead's on the right with the torn-up ear... no worries, all five cats had plenty to eat, lol, they're like my kids so they won't starve, that's for GODDAM sure. They get one end of the table, I get the other, that's how it works here...   :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_2814.JPG
    IMG_2814.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2815.JPG
    IMG_2815.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back