What job should shy people do ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

han1991

Reaction score
I am a very shy person. I don't like to talk to people and also look at them in the eye. I wonder what job should I do ?

You could try generating income independently. Freelance web developing, perhaps?

From what I understand, a lot of jobs that relate with computers are this way..

Something like stocking shelves or "back room" work like that.

Night time cleaning, jewelery making,
what do you like ? what are your talents ? do you want to go to school for a carreer ? this could help us give you better ideas.

whispers said:
Night time cleaning, jewelery making,
what do you like ? what are your talents ? do you want to go to school for a carreer ? this could help us give you better ideas.

i like books ...

You could also go for a job that has a lot of human interaction, which in turn would help you get over your shyness.

Limlim said:
You could also go for a job that has a lot of human interaction, which in turn would help you get over your shyness.

A friend of mine, extreamely shy is now a barmaid lol.

Well books... librarian, editor, and im sure there is much more

Is there a library or document archive nearby? I’ve always wanted to work in one of those places, processing and categorising books and documents in some quiet room away from everyone else.

whispers said:
Limlim said:

hmmm i don't have a college degree

Limlim said:

HAHAHA.

han1991 said:
whispers said:
Limlim said:

hmmm i don't have a college degree

perhaps one of those collections callers or customer service representatives. Enough of that will make you less caring about interaction period!

han1991 said:
I am a very shy person. I don't like to talk to people and also look at them in the eye. I wonder what job should I do ?

some kind of "work from home" gig. like a technical writer or CV writer or financial journalist or financial analyst. check out the website called academia research.

My boyfriend is a very shy person. He says that the best jobs for him are jobs he can do alone, not really dealing with a lot of people. For example: Carpentry or a janitor.

I was a shy person too once, but then i got my curent job with a major retail chain. It broke me out of my shell a lot. Now i don't consider myself shy anymore

Stocker is a perfect position for someone with shyness. I am very shy, too, and I did best in that position.

Pezza said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Stocker is a perfect position for someone with shyness. I am very shy, too, and I did best in that position.

You made "Stocker" sound like a sexual position :p

It's the mind of the reader :p

I'm going to go at this from a different angle. I don't think you should look for a job that isolates you from people. In fact you should look for a job that does the exact opposite. I work in customer service, always have, not my job of choice but it's what I ended up doing. There are days where I wish I could hide away but I can't. It helps with social skills, even though at work I'm in my comfort zone so I'm more open and talkative with people. It was scary at first, to have to talk to people, dear god that was frightening. Still do some days. It helps though.

Heavy Equipment operators don't have to interact that much. I drive a haul truck and don't have to deal with anyone much at all. Pays great too.

Latest posts

Back