What made you cry today?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today, I don't know. Exhaustion, lack of sleep, the sting of people I do favours for trying to suck more, and more, and more out of me. The realisation that a person who was a friend for the last 7 or 8 years has drifted out of my life and the realisation that I don't want them back in it because they have just dropped me like a stone and I don't want people like that in my life. The fact I live in a city and sometimes I just want to be out by the sea, with nobody for miles, just the seagulls and endless expanse of sky and nothing to do. The realisation that I am getting older and may have learned useful things too late to be of any use. The losses I've endured, and the ones that are to come. The constant demands my work makes of me, to reward me with this empty, broken feeling as I stare at 4 walls and just wish there was someone to talk to.

Solivagant said:
The loneliest whale in the world. :(

tumblr_lil3pv0Fpu1qzpqamo1_r1_1280.png

The Loneliest Whale in the World.

"In 2004, The New York Times wrote an article about the loneliest whale in the world. Scientists have been tracking her since 1992 and they discovered the problem:

She isn’t like any other baleen whale. Unlike all other whales, she doesn’t have friends. She doesn’t have a family. She doesn’t belong to any tribe, pack or gang. She doesn’t have a lover. She never had one. Her songs come in groups of two to six calls, lasting for five to six seconds each. But her voice is unlike any other baleen whale. It is unique—while the rest of her kind communicate between 12 and 25hz, she sings at 52hz. You see, that’s precisely the problem. No other whales can hear her. Every one of her desperate calls to communicate remains unanswered. Each cry ignored. And, with every lonely song, she becomes sadder and more frustrated, her notes going deeper in despair as the years go by.

Just imagine that massive mammal, floating alone and singing—too big to connect with any of the beings it passes, feeling paradoxically small in the vast stretches of empty, open ocean."

And this. I can really relate to the whale :(

Solivagant said:
The loneliest whale in the world. :(

tumblr_lil3pv0Fpu1qzpqamo1_r1_1280.png

The Loneliest Whale in the World.

"In 2004, The New York Times wrote an article about the loneliest whale in the world. Scientists have been tracking her since 1992 and they discovered the problem:

She isn’t like any other baleen whale. Unlike all other whales, she doesn’t have friends. She doesn’t have a family. She doesn’t belong to any tribe, pack or gang. She doesn’t have a lover. She never had one. Her songs come in groups of two to six calls, lasting for five to six seconds each. But her voice is unlike any other baleen whale. It is unique—while the rest of her kind communicate between 12 and 25hz, she sings at 52hz. You see, that’s precisely the problem. No other whales can hear her. Every one of her desperate calls to communicate remains unanswered. Each cry ignored. And, with every lonely song, she becomes sadder and more frustrated, her notes going deeper in despair as the years go by.

Just imagine that massive mammal, floating alone and singing—too big to connect with any of the beings it passes, feeling paradoxically small in the vast stretches of empty, open ocean."

So sad...:(

I cried in relief at something my Father told me yesterday, a change he felt in his condition.

yesterday, finding a box of all my pictures as a child, noticing how few they were, and how I hardly ever smile - they simply stole my childhood… (I am over it now)

h3donist said:
Mouse said:
h3donist said:
Im currently in the process of escaping an unhappy marriage. On saturday I packed a bag and left while she was still asleep, and only realised what I was doing when I reached my sister's house on the coast, 150 miles away.

Yesterday I walked along the sea front, past all the cafes and arcades, feeling completely free for the first time in ten years. I bought fish and chips without having to worry about getting some for someone else, I walked in the cold wind without worrying about someone else being cold, I played the arcades for as long as I wanted. And yes, I cried. A tear of relief and peace.

That took courage and I am very proud of you. :)

Thank you, that means a lot 😃

very brave…

Peaches said:
yesterday, finding a box of all my pictures as a child, noticing how few they were, and how I hardly ever smile - they simply stole my childhood… (I am over it now)

{{Peaches}}

How bad and horrible I am in my job. I started two months ago and I still can't know everything and I am just so so bad... :(

Frustration. Another complementary therapist has started ignoring my requests for an appointment after being her client for 3 years. This keeps happening on a regular basis, no one wants to keep me on. Also my aquaintances all seem to be suffering from depression or other issues and are choosing me to offload to. I wouldn't mind but I'm suffering inside too due to being abandoned by my family, they do not want to know me because I am illegitimate, when I try to talk about it, my feelings are minimalised and I usually get told that because I have a husband I should have no need for a family, yet most people I know are married and heavily involved with family life.

Latest posts

Back