What songs make you sad?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

This one also makes me sad because the uploader has used that annoying tactic of putting an annotation across the whole screen, meaning when you try and pause the video by clicking said screen, you are directed to some unwanted channel. Grr.

[video=youtube]

And embarrassingly this...

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

It doesn't make me sad, but when I was a child (before my first girlfriend even) it had that effect on me.

"Endless Skies" - VNV Nation

How many years since you found yourself
Staring at an endless sky?

Unaware of yourself
Who you are and where you're going
Only living
Only breathing
Losing all sense of time

The most fragile of things
Captivates and embraces you
Surrender and be witness
To this rarest of moments

You live within the sense
Of the order of things
What is truth
What is important
What defines you

No need to fear
No need to worry
About years that passed
About time you lost

Live seconds as a lifetime
Time it does not matter
You live within the sense
Of the stillness of time

Among others...

Ennio Morricone- Death theme (The Untouchables)
Ennio Morricone- The Death of a Soldier
Infernal Affairs- Goodbye, Policeman
The Killer OST- Harmonica
Hard Boiled- Tony's Theme
Theme from Schindler's List
The Seatbelts- Goodnight, Julia
The Seatbelts- Road to the West
The Seatbelts- Waste Land
Leevi and the Leavings- Pimeä tie, mukavaa matkaa
Leevi and the Leavings- Miranda
Elfen Lied- Lilium
Mark Bernes- A Dark Night
Mark Bernes- Zhuravli
Christophe Heral- Enfants Disparus
Chrono Trigger- At the Bottom of the Night
Garry Schyman- Eleanor's Lullaby

Last, but not least:

Louis Armstrong- What a Wonderful World

This one makes me sad and comforted at the same time!

[youtube]6zv7xaDZoto[/youtube]

Hero (Red Pill Mix):
No one sits with him, he doesn't fit in
But we feel like we do when we make fun of him
'Cause you want to belong do you go along
'Cause his pain is the price paid for you to belong
It's not like you hate him or want him to die
But maybe he goes home and thinks suicide
Or he comes back to school with a gun at his side
And kindness from you might have saved his life

Heroes are made when you make a choice
You could be a hero
Heroes do what's right
You could be a hero
You might save a life
You could be a hero
You could join the fight
For what's right for what's right for what's right

No one talks to her, she feels so alone
She's in too much pain to survive on her own
The hurt she can't handle overflows to a knife
She writes on her arm, wants to give up her life
Each day she goes on is a day that she's brave,
Fighting the lie that giving up is the way,
Each moment of courage her own life she saves
When she throws the pills out a hero is made

You could be a hero
Heroes do what's right
You could be a hero
You might save a life
You could be a hero
You could join the fight

No one talks to him about how he lives
He thinks that the choices he makes are just his
Doesn't know he's a leader with the way he behaves
And others will follow the choices he's made
He lives on the edge; he's old enough to decide
His brother who wants to be him is just nine
He can do what he wants because it's his right
The choices he makes change a nine year-old's life

You could be a hero
Heroes do what's right
You could be a hero
You might save a life
You could be a hero
You could join the fight

Little Mikey D was in the one class
Who everyday got brutally harassed
This went on for years
'till he decided that never again
Would he shed another tear
So he walked through the door
Grabbed the 4.4 out of his father's dresser drawer
And said I can't take life no more
And like that life can be lost
But this ain't even about that
All of us just sat back
And watch it happen
Thinkin' it's not my responsibility
To solve a problem that isn't even about me
This is our problem
This is just one of the daily scenarios
Which we choose to close our eyes
Instead of doing the right thing
If we make a choice
And be the voice
For those who won't speak up for themselves
How many lives would be saved, changed, and rearranged
Now it's our time to pick a side
So don't keep walking by
Not wanna intervene
'Cause you just wanna exist and never be seen
So let's wake up
Change the world
Our time is now

You could be a hero
Heroes do what's right (Our time is now)
You could be a hero
You might save a life (Our time is now)
If you could be a hero, you could join the fight (Our time is now)
For what's right, for what's right

[youtube]XC2JVUuOOmg[/youtube]
[youtube]oRrb1Eip4rk[/youtube]
[youtube]ELpmwVQfAGQ&ob=av2n[/youtube]
[youtube]NJWIbIe0N90[/youtube]

I don't see how anyone can feel any emotion from listening to the insipid and vapid tripe that is mainstream/radio/top 100 "music". :rolleyes:

Cathedral said:
I don't see how anyone can feel any emotion from listening to the insipid and vapid tripe that is mainstream/radio/top 100 "music". :rolleyes:

I don't see how people can so be self-centered -- thinking their taste in music is the only music others should listen to.
:rolleyes:

robot said:
Cathedral said:

I don't see how people can so be self-centered -- thinking their taste in music is the only music others should listen to.

lmao I love you robot

Peter Lorre said:
Oh, I love the music from The Killer.

Great movie too.

One of my favourites as well, John Woo's finest. :D There's few films that pull off a good tragic ending, much less action movies, but that movie did a masterful job at it- and the music topped it off.

robot said:
Cathedral said:

Yeah, come defend your lackluster taste for music like the ignorant and manipulated "robots" you are. I didn't even state that I listened to metal. I don't expect everyone in the whole wide world to listen to metal, much less like it. No. What I expect is for people to be individualistic and stop letting themselves be manipulated into liking the next contrived musical trend the music industry fat cats think of.

There's more to this world than mainstream pop, rock, and rap. Those mainstream artists you worship so much don't care about anything other than money and themselves. Stop trying to "relate" to them, they (both the artists and the corporate fat cats) know and care nothing about the Average Joe!

I should make a separate thread, with a nice long post explaining my opinions and interpretations in elaborated detail about how music is not as subjective for everyone as you think it is.

I get so sick and tired of people not having any goddamned taste for anything, especially music. What kind of music do you like? "Oh, I like everything, hehehe"... They are no better than the morons who thinks that by watching some Family Guy episode, that they automatically become experts on the subject it was about.

I'm tired of always seeing "mainstream rap, mainstream rock, mainstream pop, big-label classic rock, trendy emo music..." BLAAAARRRGH!!! There's millions of unknown artists out there of any kind of music you can imagine (rap, jazz, classical, rock, metal, alt, pop, ambient, etc) and more trying to be HEARD, but they may never get to be heard by more than 10-20 people because these filthy, capitalist scum ensures that the playing field is like a vertical mountain, with the elite 1% percent on the top, and the rest frantically trying to climb up, but always slipping.

Sorry, but I don't like the products of a society that tends to shun those who are deviant or intellectual or just "different", and worships status, fame, beauty, and most importantly... MONEY as their illusionary deities. And if any of you "lonely" people had half of a brain, you'd hate it, too. At least principally.

Cathedral said:
robot said:
Cathedral said:

Yeah, come defend your lackluster taste for music like the ignorant and manipulated "robots" you are. I didn't even state that I listened to metal. I don't expect everyone in the whole wide world to listen to metal, much less like it. No. What I expect is for people to be individualistic and stop letting themselves be manipulated into liking the next contrived musical trend the music industry fat cats think of.

There's more to this world than mainstream pop, rock, and rap. Those mainstream artists you worship so much don't care about anything other than money and themselves. Stop trying to "relate" to them, they (both the artists and the corporate fat cats) know and care nothing about the Average Joe!

I should make a separate thread, with a nice long post explaining my opinions and interpretations in elaborated detail about how music is not as subjective for everyone as you think it is.

I get so sick and tired of people not having any goddamned taste for anything, especially music. What kind of music do you like? "Oh, I like everything, hehehe"... They are no better than the morons who thinks that by watching some Family Guy episode, that they automatically become experts on the subject it was about.

I'm tired of always seeing "mainstream rap, mainstream rock, mainstream pop, big-label classic rock, trendy emo music..." BLAAAARRRGH!!! There's millions of unknown artists out there of any kind of music you can imagine (rap, jazz, classical, rock, metal, alt, pop, ambient, etc) and more trying to be HEARD, but they may never get to be heard by more than 10-20 people because these filthy, capitalist scum ensures that the playing field is like a vertical mountain, with the elite 1% percent on the top, and the rest frantically trying to climb up, but always slipping.

Sorry, but I don't like the products of a society that tends to shun those who are deviant or intellectual or just "different", and worships status, fame, beauty, and most importantly... MONEY as their illusionary deities. And if any of you "lonely" people had half of a brain, you'd hate it, too. At least principally.

you obviously have no idea how the music industry works. Artists like Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, and Black Eyed Peas get to the top because they're better than everyone else. those artists you talk about getting unnoticed are probably that way because they suck. They try so hard to be different that it sounds like honeysuckle and they're like "huurrr duuurrrr i'm unique look at me" and the brainless kids that listen to them are just as bad "huuurr duuurr i listen to terrible music because i'm a nonconformist"

and really? capitalist scum? nice use of words Stalin. go be communist somewhere else.

A Desolate Soul said:
Cathedral said:
robot said:
Cathedral said:

you obviously have no idea how the music industry works. Artists like Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, and Black Eyed Peas get to the top because they're better than everyone else. those artists you talk about getting unnoticed are probably that way because they suck. They try so hard to be different that it sounds like honeysuckle and they're like "huurrr duuurrrr i'm unique look at me" and the brainless kids that listen to them are just as bad "huuurr duuurr i listen to terrible music because i'm a nonconformist"

and really? capitalist scum? nice use of words Stalin. go be communist somewhere else.

Oh, I thought I was on YouTube for a moment there. Not gonna bite.:rolleyes2:

Latest posts

Back