What was the first game that you played?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jet Set Willy on the Spectrum...God remember those when you had to hook up the cassette player lol!

I remember the old spectrum 48k. Little square thing. Then I had the ZX64 I think it was called. That horrible noise as a game loaded. My gaming fell by the wayside as I got older.

Argh I forgot about that noise, do you remember the spongy keyboard and the keys used to stick when you jabbed at them too hard, or maybe that was just me getting frustrated...a reason I hardly ever play now lol :)

Scotsman said:
I remember the old spectrum 48k. Little square thing. Then I had the ZX64 I think it was called. That horrible noise as a game loaded. My gaming fell by the wayside as I got older.

I listen to those loading noises for pleasure! I also had one of those 'rubber-keyed devils' as we affectionately called them.

ZX80/81 or Commodore 64? ZX80/81 looks a bit like a elongated door stop with a flat keyboard. Commodore 64 looks a bit like a railway sleeper, but with a proper clicky keyboard.

user 130057 said:
Scotsman said:

I listen to those loading noises for pleasure! I also had one of those 'rubber-keyed devils' as we affectionately called them.

ZX80/81 or Commodore 64? ZX80/81 looks a bit like a elongated door stop with a flat keyboard. Commodore 64 looks a bit like a railway sleeper, but with a proper clicky keyboard.

Oh dear I think we are showing our age now lol!

Funny how I thought that I had already posted on this thread but I didn't, so...

Super Mario Brothers for NES
or Hover in Windows 95. Not so sure.

I have no idea what game tbh, it was definitely something on NES though. But the most I could recall is tetris lol where you hung on your keychains.

will normal said:
I can't think of the first game I played but I definitely know I had an Atari 2600 as my first gaming system. Does that count?

I'd say so! Was it perchance Combat or Air Sea Battle? Both were bundled with the original 2600 at one point.

will normal said:
I can't think of the first game I played but I definitely know I had an Atari 2600 as my first gaming system. Does that count?

Of course Atari counts! I have a Atari Flashback (a Atari 2600 with ROMs) hooked up to my TV. There are some great games from that era. Crystal Castles and Pitfall! are two of my favorites.

- Super Mario on Sega
- Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (1998) on PC
- Crash Bandicoot 2 on PS one
- GTA SA on PS 2
- Snake on nokia 3310

With my cousin we played together on Atari 2600. But i forget game titles.

Latest posts

Back