What was the last book you read?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
455373.jpg

8/10 I appreciated it more than I enjoyed it I think, if that doesn't sound to pretentious... I did crawl through the last 100 pages! It was an interesting take on the loss of an American identity and conflicting ideals at a critical time in its history though and worth the effort.

pastoral.jpg

Lorna Byrne - Angels in my hair. It's so touching, I even cried today when I read it.

Fifty Shades Darker by EL James (2nd book in Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy). I found it fairly dull and the 1st book Fifty Shades of Grey rather over rated.

Nothing new here, exciting to a point but not for long, unrealistic in many ways and it played out like a bloody Mills & Boons just with added light bondage. Found the female lead boring and irritating, the romance seemed to jump from initial attraction straight into full blown "I can't bear to be with out you for 2 days" bollocks. Over rated, not horrendously written, but not that well written either. Plot seemed lack lustre, almost like when something actually happened it was to make up for the other wise silly plot. The whole "I'm kinky/weird in bed because daddy messed me"/"daddy beat me" (child abuse, I'm sure you get what I mean) plot is old and tired now - not every kinky person had a messed up childhood - also it seems unhealthy to me that people feel the need to make excuses for and justify their sexuality, it's like you can't just be kinky you must have had something terrible happen to you. Just my opinion.

nothing-to-envy.jpg

It was a good read. I hadn't read much for quite a while, but the fact everything in this is true made it that much more interesting.

Latest posts

Back