What were you like as a child?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a nerd, a loner, and a troublemaker. I was openly hated by most kids who knew me, but always managed to have 2 or 3 close friends. I was smart, usually seen as one of the two three smartest kids in my class. On the other hand, I always got into a lot of fights, verbal and physical. My teachers never cared for me. I never had one take a special interest in me, and they were often instructing the other kids to stay away from me. My parents went to a lot meetings that started out with the statement "Your son is very smart, but.....". That being said, I spent my early childhood in a very ghetto area. In my later teens, we moved to an upper-middle class area. I got less of teachers and students confronting me, and more of them ignoring me.

I was very quiet and mostly kept to myself. Other kids would tease me or say nasty things about me because they knew no one would help stand up for me. I made friends with a guy who didn't know english well he became kind of an outcast because of it so we got to be friends for a couple years. Middle school was probably the worst there would be guys who would punch me or throw things at me. One stole my backpack when I was going to class and ran accross the street with it and I chased him and when I got accross the street his friends were standing there and they all started hitting me. I changed schools and the school I went to I actually meet some people I considered friends. High school was an alright time, I had a couple friends but we didn't talk much and some went into cliques. Unfortinatly I changed school again and the place I graduated I only knew a couple people who I found out after school weren't really my friends because when I seen them outside of school they acted like they didn't know me.

Latest posts

Back