What would take away the loneliness in your life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okiedokes said:
What is it that you think you need in your life to feel less lonely? Whether it be a pet, a friend, a family member, a husband/wife, etc? What is it that you want?

I miss my fiance n' my best friend.

Okiedokes said:
What is it that you think you need in your life to feel less lonely? Whether it be a pet, a friend, a family member, a husband/wife, etc? What is it that you want?

I want someone to share every part of my life with. Al the good times, and bad times, and the secrets I can't seem to tell anyone else, because ppl would think I'm wierd.

A bestfriend to hang-out with on the weekends, who I can call and talk too when I need to talk and who will call to talk to me. A friend who I know I can trust and confide in without fearing they'll go behind my back.
Either a platonic bestfriend or a boyfriend who is also my bestfriend who I can share my life with, good and bad. Unfortunately I haven't had a bestfriend in so long I'm afraid I have forgotten what it's like. Not the greatest with guys either, i haven't really associated with boys, even as friends, until this year. So I have difficulty separating a guy being friendly from a guy who like likes me. :(

What would take away the loneliness in my life? The ability to do something deep and meaningful for someone less fortunate than me. For instance, I love kids. If I could financially and situationally afford it, I would adopt more children. But I can't, so I've got my cats. I actually feel quite a sense of accomplishment in rescuing them from their impending doom at the pound. Two lives saved! Truly though, a life of service to people in need that would look back upon me lovingly for my kindness would 'go a long way toward' overshadowing the loneliness of not having someone in my bed.

A leopard gecko. Mine recently died a few days after Christmas. And friends. Most pets and friends I come into contact with either die (pets) or leave within a year or so.

I'd like to have a normal family. There are "good" and "bad" months, but one thing is clear. Both my dads and my moms family are socially retarded. I don't like to be with most part of my family, and I hate them, especially my parents, for making such a mess of their/my life. IMO, my mother has neglected me most of my life, as a result I rarely see her (they're divorced for about 10 months). My dad tends to drink too much and becomes extremely unreasonable, he sometimes threatens to kill himself and can behave like a lunatic. He especially has his "good" and "bad" periods.

I wonder how it would be to have normal parents. To not see your own dad as a far more fragile person than you. To not have all these very, very serious issues.

The second most important thing is a lover I guess. I'm sick of liking girls, I never get lucky and have someone to like me back. There have been some girls that liked me in the past, but they were always the girls I didn't like.

I'd like a solid, lasting sense of community (especially offline) or to be close to my family again.

Friends. Something I've never really had. Doesn't even have to be many really. 2 or 3 would do nicely. Someone I can share things with though, activities, interests, hobbies. Someone I can go out with. Someone I can travel with. Just the chance to feel like I fit in somewhere ...

And someone who I can share and experience physical affection with. A girl who it won't feel like she is afraid to touch me, or have me touch her, or even to have me look at her. It might not be a 'life partner' .. but then again, it might be .. but just for once, to feel like someone wants me, and wants to be close to me, and that she would want me to be close to her, in every way ...... *sigh* so yeah, ALL the things I get told I'll never have.

Well, the first and main thing is a girlfriend who would actually love me and show me affection and actually be happy to be with me. Basically the exact opposite of my last girlfriend. It'd also be very nice if she could be a "best friend" to me as well. Physical affection and intimacy are incredibly important to me, and I pretty much went without them even despite being in a relationship for over 3 years.

Second would be some good friends. Just two or three, I don't need (or want, for that matter). Hell, even one good friend who lived near me (like 20 mins max) would be enough, so long as they wanted to hang out a lot so it wasn't completely one-sided.

A third, I suppose, would be to finally figure out what career path I really want to follow. Reason being, this would inevitably lead to me meeting people interested in the same things, and thus would be an effective way to find friends, some of which would inevitably live near me so we can actually do the stuff friends do.

like most that have commented

a woman thats loves me for me..a true and genuine down to earth one

Nothing.

I'm now 30, and in the past, I've had toxic friends, toxic jobs, and toxic gf (usually actually dating someone else, and stringing me along with false hope). Forget all that.

Loneliness is a state of mind. It's a feeling that you need these people to function. But if you notice, when you go after these people, it's like some jerk denying a thirsty person water. They don't want you because you're "desperate" (of course you're desperate, when mostly scum decides they want you, and only to use you, and the rest of the population shuns you). When you finally realize you can manage on your own, that you don't need these people, look who comes along to screw you over. They come because they see "confidence" someone who is steady and got things together (but confidence isn't real, it too is a state of mind, and I just got mine back).

I want to be loved, like everyone else, want normal friendships, and normal relationships. But given the choice between "loneliness" and being strung along, give me loneliness.

There is nothing that will take away the loneliness in my life. But I've stopped caring. I will hang around those people that will welcome me into their houses/heart, and the rest can do what they want.

Wow look at that - few posts above. So many guys, so little women. We need more women around!

ladyforsaken said:
Wow look at that - few posts above. So many guys, so little women. We need more women around!

I've been hard at work on that asexual reproduction. Just give me a few more weeks.

Ox Blood said:
I miss my mom. She was my best friend.

I can empathise with you i miss my mom too,i could always talk to her about anything,she taught me alot and she loved me thats why i love her.

One thing that adds a lot of loneliness to my life is the task of raising a teenage daughter on my own. It's just she and I. When things are good, it's still lonely because an adult can only relate to a child (or vice versa) somewhat due to our very different stations in life. Adding the parent-child thing into the mix only complicates things. However, when things are bad and the fighting/drama/bullshit starts, then my loneliness is heightened to really intense levels. Life is hard enough without someone you feed, clothe, and shelter treating you like honeysuckle in repayment. So, what would take away from my loneliness? My teenager not acting like a teenager.

Latest posts

Back