What would you say if this happened to you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClosetGeek

Reaction score
I met a man through some friends, and he seemed pretty interested in me. We even ended up spending a romantic evening........without sex.

I have decided to add him to my Facebook buddies.
I asked him and first he was hesitant about it then he said yes.
After adding him to my friends list I realized that he is hiding many photos from me.
He has 30 photos on his profile, and he is letting me only see 3 self portraits.

I was not very happy about this but never confronted him cause we are not serious
or anything but it bothers me that he has something to hide.

I however asked his friend who introduced us if he is married/engaged/or has a gf
right now. His friend told me that he is single. I asked this question cause my first
guess was he was hiding photos of himself with another girl or girls.

So what does the men or the women on this forum have to say about this guy hiding information/photos from me. Give me the dirt.

he is hiding other people on those pics , definitely.

Maybe he is hiding a deformity.

Not likely, but it's a possibility.

Maybe he has kids from a former relationship.

Who knows, did you just try asking him?

Maybe he's not hiding them from you, but from someone else. Like I have face-book and I have relatives on there as well as friends. What I would show a friend and what I would show a relative would be two completely different things. Maybe he's just got picks up there he's only comfterbol showing he's mates. they could be a million reasons to why you are only able to see 3 of them. He might not even be aware that your only able to see 3. Why don't you ask him. If you don't know him well enough to be comfortable asking him then I would say that's the reason why your not able to see all the picks. ppl open up a bit at a time. You can not expect to be in he's closet friends circle straight away. I would say if you wont to know moor about him then spend some moor time with him getting to know him as a friend first. Then maybe you well feel closer to ask something like HAY! how come I get to only see 3 out of the 30 picks you got on face book. What you hiding ***** *slap* ;) lol

Bluey.........this guy asked me out. I am not his "friend".
I have not had the chance to ask that cause he has not answered my former email. Instead he logged onto Facebook and put a status message like.... "I miss the city(insert the name of my city) where I had fun on (insert date) Saturday night :)"
For your info, I was with him all night long on that specific Saturday.
If he is online why not answer my email. My email read "hey how are you how is everything going, you asked me if the feeling about Saturday night is mutual, yes it is mutual" He has not answered this email.
I think he is being an *******. You know what, forget him.

ClosetGeek said:
So ? Why do you expect him showing these photoes ?
If he is online why not answer my email. My email read "hey how are you how is everything going, you asked me if the feeling about Saturday night is mutual, yes it is mutual" He has not answered this email.
Firsrt of all IF he was online !
Second....and even if was, so ? I can be online but pretty busy to check out new emals, ICQ messages and so on. Does it mean I am an ******* ?
And must tell you something that realy desturbes us....girls with the question like: "hey how are you how is everything going ?". Just, don't ask such questions because they are really annoying.

Something smells fishy.
Maybe the pictures are of you, taken with a telephoto lens.:p
I can't stand going 24 hours without answering a PM from a friend here. If I had a romantic evening with someone and they sent me an E-mail saying the had a good time and my keyboard caught fire, I'd walk 10 miles in the rain to buy a new one just to answer them.

I say, RUN, cause he's hidd'in something.

SunWeb said:
ClosetGeek said:
So ? Why do you expect him showing these photoes ?
Firsrt of all IF he was online !
Second....and even if was, so ? I can be online but pretty busy to check out new emals, ICQ messages and so on. Does it mean I am an ******* ?
And must tell you something that realy desturbes us....girls with the question like: "hey how are you how is everything going ?". Just, don't ask such questions because they are really annoying.

LOOK. He asked me the same set of questions in his email so I answered.
By the way has anyone told you that you come across as an inconsiderate *******?
And yes he WAS online cause he was on Facebook.

SunWeb said:
She met him once. That doesn't mean he need to open himself fully to someone he dated ONCE !!!!

uhuh......so next time he comes out here he will get nothing from me, if he is expecting INTIMACY from me, he has to open up. I am not going to meet up with some mystery weirdo. Duh.

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
Something smells fishy.
Maybe the pictures are of you, taken with a telephoto lens.:p
I can't stand going 24 hours without answering a PM from a friend here. If I had a romantic evening with someone and they sent me an E-mail saying the had a good time and my keyboard caught fire, I'd walk 10 miles in the rain to buy a new one just to answer them.

I say, RUN, cause he's hidd'in something.

LMAO@photos of me.
Yes he is the one who asked me how I am doing and if the feeling is mutual......and now he is playing games.

ClosetGeek said:
LOOK. He asked me the same set of questions in his email so I answered.
8)
By the way has anyone told you that you come across as an inconsiderate *******?
Thanks, not every day I can hear something like that from woman.
And yes he WAS online cause he was on Facebook.
I already wrote that everything could happen.
uhuh......so next time he comes out here he will get nothing from me, if he is expecting INTIMACY from me, he has to open up. I am not going to meet up with some mystery weirdo. Duh.
Intimacy ? Girl, if you aren't allowed to watch his photos but what did you expecting. You had ONE date nothing more. It is not like he supposed to tell you everything. You are NEW human in his life....You wouldn't tell everything to every walkman, right ?
And as long as I know 1st date doesn't mean that it will be relationship in the future.
ClosetGeek said:
Why do PUAs log onto Lonely Life?
Obviously you are talking about me and this is something bad, right ? Who is PUA ?

ClosetGeek said:
I have not had the chance to ask that cause he has not answered my former email. Instead he logged onto Facebook and put a status message like.... "I miss the city(insert the name of my city) where I had fun on (insert date) Saturday night :)"

I dont think it matters much who asked who realy. I mean you wonted the date as much has him are you would had said no.

Maybe he is an ******* and maybe the picks are of he's GF. Maybe maybe maybe are maybe he just has it set up like that and maybe he's just not got around to answering your mail? Who knows. Thing is you have only had the one date so far. He could be thinking that's all he wants. Better to know this straight away rather then later. And ye if he's not told you that then I Guss that dose make him an *******.

If I can be really honest here and I can only go by what I know of you which is very little. I think you have only had the one date. If I had only had the one date with a girl even if we had gone all the way she would not be my first priority in life. To be someone as special as that we would have to spend a lot moor time together. maybe he's thinking he well answer you back come the weekend. I really don't know on this one. But I Guss he is not showing as much interest in things as you are. otherwise he would be checking he's mail and phone for you trying to get in touch. I would just say to you that you have sent a mail and all you can do now is just chill. If he's interested you well know soon enough.

I would say that spending one night with someone dose not make you entitled to know everything about him. Even the picks he has on his face book. I never understand why ppl do that on face book. I mean if I had picks I wonted to stay privet I would not put them on there in any farm. I would simply just send them to the ppl I wonted to see them. I think when ppl do this they are just trying to make them self look mysterious. Even thou I do think sometimes they could be a reason for someone doing this I do think most of the time its just BS.

Did you get to know this guy a little at all before going out with him?

It just seems to me from your track record (not that it's bad or anything necessarily) but if everyone is playing games maybe you should just seek to make a few friends before you get into a relationship with someone who is potentially an assclown.

Easy dose it.

I not sure what anyone's expectations or an idea what a date is.

Even though it's photos...

I wouldn't expect a person to disclosed anything to me wheather I was dating her
or living with her. I can't make anyone love me nor trust me. A relationship takes time
to grow at all levels. So in a way it's sort of base off of freindship.
My friends won't disclose anything to me they wish not to.
Though more often then not my freinds well disclose themselves to me.
Maybe becuase of trust and maybe I'm less judgemental and more underatanding.
It takes time.

It's bascailly the samething if my gf had a diary or a jornal.
I don't open it no matter how curiouse i get.
When a person is ready to open themself to me, they will.

Good luck CG...
Lets hope he's not an axe murderer on something.:p
Maybe he has pictures of him on a full moon...with fangs and horns coming out of him.lol

Maybe the guy just doesn't want to share everything with everyone he meets straight away? You've been on a date that's all, I don't see why this makes him 'an *******'. There's no universal time limit on replying to messages is there?

I think you should relax, wait until he contacts you and if it really does bother you then just ask him when you see him, I can't see this is something to dump the guy for before he even did anything wrong.

Just say, "hey, why can I only see 3 of your photos?" or "why are you only letting me see 3 photos? what are you hiding lol"

just ask him, what can happen? he gets the shits? so what, If he does it just shows your better off without that ****** :p

ClosetGeek said:

maybe *******....maybe a playa ...or has issues.
there is probably no issues cause u would have noticed them and "deformities" over the whole night....

he isnt sencere... thats a bad sign. Definitely.
loose that loser

Latest posts

Back