What'cha eating tonight?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone ever had jasmine rice? Just curious. I got a bag of it for Christmas and steamed some yesterday evening. I never really thought there was much of a difference in medium/long grain rice, but this stuff has changed my opinion.

All I added was a little onion, salt and powdered ginger. I ended up eating 3 bowls of it before I realized what I was doing. :/

Twitchy said:
All I added was a little onion, salt and powdered ginger. I ended up eating 3 bowls of it before I realized what I was doing. :/

That actually sounds very tasty. I'm coming over for dinner as soon as I've saved up enough for a flight ticket! :p

Ravager1663 said:
That actually sounds very tasty. I'm coming over for dinner as soon as I've saved up enough for a flight ticket! :p

I'll get another bowl out. I might never shut up once you get here, but you certainly won't have to worry about going hungry. :D

Twitchy said:
Anyone ever had jasmine rice? Just curious. I got a bag of it for Christmas and steamed some yesterday evening. I never really thought there was much of a difference in medium/long grain rice, but this stuff has changed my opinion.

Jasmine rice is awesome. I keep some on hand for when I make Thai food, plus I use it in my butternut squash soup.

cheaptrickfan said:
Jasmine rice is awesome. I keep some on hand for when I make Thai food, plus I use it in my butternut squash soup.

That soup sounds very good right about now. We should start up a recipe thread again. I think there was one for awhile, but I believe it died off.

Twitchy said:
cheaptrickfan said:

That soup sounds very good right about now. We should start up a recipe thread again. I think there was one for awhile, but I believe it died off.

My butternut squash soup is on my blog: Butternut squash soup

It's really a fantastic recipe with butternut squash, sweet corn, jasmine rice and chouriço sausage. It's very warming and satisfying when it's cold out.

Punisher said:
I just had pizza, garlic bread and fries. I'll start dieting tomorrow :D

Yeah, I'm doing the 21-day vegan kickstart diet starting January 1.

It's good that I love vegan food. I'll be cooking a lot of vegetarian Indian dishes.

Twitchy said:

Jasmine rice is the only type of rice I eat ;)

Looks like reheated pizza tonight, domino's has a new recipe they use, I quite liked it last night, better than the older stuff even though it reeks of garlic.
It looks a lot better than the older stuff too, like a pizza I'd actually want to eat lol.:p

I like jasmine rice but I also favor basmati rice. Both are very fragrant rices.

Stromboli, baby!

stromboli.jpg

loketron said:
CT's always got the good eats

me? im havin fish sticks and rice and beans

Dude, rice and beans are awesome, fish sticks notsomuch. :p

I have the good eats because I like good food and it's just more rewarding, not to mention cheaper, to make it myself.

I just got back from Tesco and I have 4 samosas, 4 pakoras and 4 onion bhajis (mini Indian selection), a Jamaican vegetable pattie, a tub of sour cream & onion Pringles, 5 snickers flapjacks and 6 coconut macaroons.

I'm gonna be sick in a few hours :p

Latest posts

Back