What's awesome in your life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seraphina

Reaction score
Are you ever sitting there thinking away, or telling a story about something you've done, somewhere you've been and all of a sudden you're like: "Holy crap that was/is awesome!"

Share something in your life that's awesome. Somewhere you've been, something you've created, something that's blown your mind!

I think sometimes we take ourselves and experience for granted and when we look back, out of the moment we realize we were a part of something special.

I know I feel blessed that I have a chance to travel a lot both for work and personal. I live in the arctic and it has taken me to some truly unique places.

n560356945_928422_7454.jpg

This is a picture from Paulatuk, Northwest Territories. This is what the arctic looks like!

holman.jpg

Holman Island, Northwest Territories. Truly a beautiful place.

snorkel.jpg

Railey, Thailand. I was going snorkeling with a friend, we had an amazing time.

60064_10150432884385001_513045000_14729072_6931781_n.jpg

Shambhala music festival! This is the most amazing, magical, wonderful place on the face of this planet! If you love electronic music, GO!

wow those are some really neat pictures, you look very pretty in the 2nd one :)
northwest territories that's in Canada right?

I went cliff diving in Maui summer after my senior year, and I got to go spelunking in September in southern Minnesota that was really cool

attachment.php

View attachment 4

Attachments

• 600_18062633.jpeg
    600_18062633.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 16
Awesome pictures! That looks like tons of fun! Do you rock climb at all? I did some climbinb in Railey it was really awesome. I'd like to try spelunking!

What's awesome is I'm retired and I get to stay up all night and sleep till noon-yeeha. A first for me ever. But before I leave this earth I would like to skydive, bungee jump off of a high bridge and finally jump off the edge of a cliff w/ one of those bat suits on that let you glide forever. Oh what fun...You young kids are so lucky that you get to travel and see the world-as it should be. I'm happy for you all.
Go for it, get out of your comfort zone and learn all kinds of things about yourselves. Just the voice of reason speaking lol : )

thanks

I've never done actuall outdoor rock climbing, but ya I do a lot of indoor rock climbing I did a ton last spring at the field house with a friend

I do some Bouldering and I got certified on the new rock climbing wall here in Uni that I got to try out a few weeks ago

Seraphina said:
I'd like to try spelunking!

Spelunking is freaking awesome.

I used to lead tours through a cave when I was still in the Boy Scouts... but it wasn't one of those huge, carved-out, tourist caves. There were sections of these tunnels that were about 18 inches from floor to ceiling, and it required some squeezing and contorting to get through. There were multiple tunnels, so I was responsible for keeping the group together and leading them through without having anyone fall down a drop-hole.

Those were some AWESOME times. As part of my work, I got to explore the "uncharted" areas of the underground expanse in order to help map them for future expansion of the tour, or if there were sections that weren't easily crossed without the right equipment, I'd flag those with warnings after following them to their end.

Hours and hours underground in the cool damp with a buddy, delineating and exploring underground passages... ******* awesome experience.

I highly recommend it. :)

P.S. Probably the worst part of that job was having to explain to ehhh... "heavier" people that they wouldn't make it through the cave to the exit. The best I could do is take them in about 50 feet before the tunnels got too tight to allow them through. :( lol

My son is awesome! He's in culinary school and brings dad nom nom nom nom noms :D

I went to Discovery Cove and swam with dolphins and stingrays, probably the most amazing thing I've ever done. Second most amazing thing--having three lorikeets perching on my arm to drink nectar from a cup I was holding.

Latest posts

Back