WHAT'S COOKING?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nina said:
csmswhs--- Good to see you're feeling better. I agree this thread is the BEST! I love pineapple and eat it frequently but I never would have guessed about the lemon becoming alkaline once it's inside. I lean new stuff all the time! I hope all those with flu, feel better soon.

thanks Nina:D i'm still sick but its been up and down, but the alkaline foods have been helping. i was surprised about the lemon too, but it really helps. i was telling my brother about it recently and he said his friends mother drinks lemon water all day when she's sick too. so, power to the lemons!! lol

and i agree, good thread. i always get hungry when i look through it:D

thanks again

Glad you're feeling better csmswhs! Also, if I'm not mistaken, pineapple contains bromelain which is an enzyme that aids in digestion. I like to cut fresh pineapple, grill it until the natural sugars caramelize, and serve it on top of smoked ham. Mmm! LG:)

csmswhs- I always mean to ask, how your homeschooling is coming? I did just what I said I would. I am now teaching art to a few local homechool kids. It's a blast too. What manners these kids have. Smart as whips too.

I love to drink lemon water with just a little honey stirred in. I have a decent immune system, I'll bet the lemon and pineapple are helping it along. Keep feeling better! :)

LGH...yummmmm, grilled pineapple on salmon....OMG, that sounds good....

hi Nina, its still going very well. and that's great to hear that you are doing that:D

thanks for the link LG, and the ham sounds good too:D, thanks:)

Lazy mans tuna salad:

Stuff you need:
- Can of tuna
- Jar of Mayo

Directions:
Open jar of tuna over sink and drain the tuna juice. Add mayo to taste with knife. Use said knife to eat mayo + tuna mixture.

Garbage Stew:

Stuff you need:

2x Can of tomatoes
can of red beans
can of chick peas
2 cups of rice
bunch of chili powder (bunch of is a valid measurement, probably around a handful)
1/2 bunch of cayenne pepper
1/2 bunch of cumin
water to fill up remainder of pot

------------------------------
The recipe is simply to dump all of the above into a large pot and boil for 40 minutes. The reason its called garbage stew is it pretty much because it involves everything you have left over in your cupboard, fridge, or freezer and can be modified with ease.

Other things that have been added by me include:
2 cups of frozen green beans or corn
pound of ground beef (brown and drain the beef before adding it to the pot)
pound of ground round for the vegan crowd (shut up, I just like the taste of it)
any different type of beans you may have that aren't above
veggies you've fried before placing into stew (tried with carrots, celery and bok choy so far - use olive oil to do said frying and just dump it into the stew as well for extra flavour)

It easily turns into a massive pot of stew which you can keep leftovers in the fridge for microwaving later to eat throughout the week. Sometimes I'll add some bread or salad to eat on the side. Not for those trying to watch their sodium levels. Could possibly replace canned beans with dried versions to make it more sodium conscious. If going that route, boil the beans for 30 min before adding to stew.

Limlim-- This was PRICELESS! The tuna description will keep me laughing for an hour and your stew is called "fridge soup" at my house...Cause anything in there is a possible candidate for the pot. :)

csmswhs - I'm glad to hear that too! :)

Ahahah Limlim,

Actually,
I do make Tuna sammich sometimes,
It's so much better if you add grated cheese, onions and possibly relish, (learned this today. haven't tried yet)

Yeah, onions on anything is delicious. . . mmmmmm :).

I'm going to be doing a bit of cooking in about 5-10 minutes time.. its cool to put pics and recipes in here yes? :) I'm making

White chocolate and Raspberry cookies, and a easy/cheap soup of some sort.. :)

Latest posts

Back