whats wrong with me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5pt7art

Reaction score
what the fresia is wrong with me....ive been alone for quite sometime now...so **** lonely...when the little freinds i do have invite me over i dont know why but i dont go...its like im stuck....some of them dont even invite me anymore....what the fresia??

I was going to say "a lot" but then you mightn't understand or appreciate my sense of humour.

Ok here goes..what's wrong with you is...........you ask the wrong questions.
You should ask..."what's right with me?" Now, you're probably not accustomed to searching for the positives in yourself, but everyone's got at least a few. Even if it is "I make my bed every day." A lot of people don't even do that.
Most people are like you. they focus on what's wrong. Such perfectionism is unhealthy.

isthatso said:
I was going to say "a lot" but then you mightn't understand or appreciate my sense of humour.

You should ask..."what's right with me?" Now, you're probably not accustomed to searching for the positives in yourself, but everyone's got at least a few. Even if it is "I make my bed every day." A lot of people don't even do that.
Most people are like you. they focus on what's wrong. Such perfectionism is unhealthy.
thanks for your input...tou make a very great point....but i still feel like theres something wrong...is it maybe that im comfortable being lonely?

When they do invite you, you don't go but now they don't invite you anymore? Could this be the reason why?

I read a little bit about loneliness to help myself and the thing about it is when we're lonely then by nature we want people to reach out to us and feed us but this actually scares people off. People find it unattractive. They feel like we're going to eat them alive if we do that. Instead we have to reach out to people and feed them. And we may have to be the initiators more often than we think. Can you call those few friends of yours and invite them for a change? Maybe have a movie night or a potluck?

5pt7art said:
isthatso said:

thanks for your input...tou make a very great point....but i still feel like theres something wrong...is it maybe that im comfortable being lonely?

If you're comfortable with being lonely nothing will change. Get uncomfortable.

This is not a permanent solution to loneliness but it's a step in the right direction. One thing I did when I became newly single and and newly living by myself is throw parties. I hosted 2 halloween parties and 1 spaghetti and games party. Halloween parties are a lot of work and those required help from my friends. But what you can do by yourself is a spaghetti and games party. If you know how to make spaghetti and meatballs do it, get a nice bottle of wine too and don't forget some nice music, along with that have a Scrabble, Yahtzee or whatever board game you have and invite a minimum of 2 people over. You'll probably have a blast even though it's only for one night. In fact, this is your homework assignment. And if you can't cook you can order a pizza.

thanks everyone for your input...im gonna work on it...i feel as if it something in my head a loose wire...that is keeping me in this funk...i cant seem to snap out of it

I seem to be the same way. I've actually been distancing myself cause I get scared of being hurt again and than when they start to fade away I beat myself up about it. Now I'm starting to scare myself cause I feel as if I continue to do this I fear I might have an emotional break down again. Not sure what to say cause I'm stuck in a rut myself due to depression but I'm still trying and doing anything I can to help myself. Don't give up, things may be bad but I still believe that I'll get better.

You're depressed man. The problem with depression is that it's a vicious loop. You need double the effort to get out of the gutter. Don't forget to shave, do your regular laundry, look at yourself in the mirror and appreciate yourself. Read some texts on the internet about positive attitude. Charge yourself with the spark and it will work for you.

yea ive known ive been depressed for the longest time...i want to snap out of it so bad but cant seem too if that makes sense lol

Of course it does. Everyone has their highs and lows.. maybe the point of life is to make the highs last longer and to get out of the gutter faster when you do end up there..

I don't get invited anywhere since I really don't have anyone to hang out with. You get used to it after awhile.

5pt7art said:
what the fresia is wrong with me....ive been alone for quite sometime now...so **** lonely...when the little freinds i do have invite me over i dont know why but i dont go...its like im stuck....some of them dont even invite me anymore....what the fresia??

i don't even have friends maybe one or two. and the other handful live too far away.

Misanthrope23 said:
5pt7art said:

i don't even have friends maybe one or two. and the other handful live too far away.
i have like one good freind but he works out of the state and comes and goes...my other freind that asked me to be his best man in his wedding never even calls me or texts and when i try to get in contact he never replies back...i understand the whole getting married thing might be stressful, but you would think he would atleast get in contact with the "best man"....makes me rethink if i want to do it or not

Latest posts

Back