What's your favorite song that deals with loneliness?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if these songs counts as "lonely songs" but here are few I like...

(1) Iris - Goo Goo Doll
(2) I stand alone - Godsmack
(3) Streets of Heaven - Sherry Austin
(4) Against All Odds - Phil Collins
(5) Wish Someone Would Care - Irma Thomas
(6) November Rain - Guns N Roses
(7) Purple Rain - Prince
(8) Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding

It might be a bit of a stretch but I'll put this on when I'm away from Kid and I'm missing her- when she was a small-fry I'd pop her on my shoulders and we'd walk around late in the evening singing this, kinda became our thing. We still do it on occasion for a laugh....I try to get her to carry me now.

....thinking about it has me suddenly missing her.

[video=youtube]

This is about being in a psychiatric hospital and not specifically about loneliness, but it's a song that I've listened to often when I've been in my "lower moments" of isolation and loneliness.

[video=youtube]

Andrea's voice raises the hairs on my arms and down my spine....

[video=youtube]

*Please excuse my long post-I have a hard time shutting up regarding music*

Shute,I wish I knew how to post videos...and here I thought I was somewhat computer literate...lol. Oh well,I shall figure it out eventually. I LOVE this thread...not only could I never get tired of discussing music,but even before I became so sad and lonely my friends and family were always questioning why some of my music choices were so sad...so this is right up my ally...
Anyways I can't pick just one,but here's a small list of (IMO) songs that pretty much define lonely for me(and sadness)
1.Lost Highway (Hank Williams Sr version)
2.Weary Blues (Hank Williams Sr)-this song is just hauntingly heartbreaking...
3.The Gift (Seether)
4.I wish my baby was born(Cold Mountain soundtrack)
5.Hate Me (Blue October)

Latest posts

Back