when i was a child i thought that...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simhthmss

Reaction score
ok, basically i was just thinking how for example when i was 3 i honestly thought a coma was a coffin for dogs, and my brother had convinced me that the video game character i liked at the time shinobi had a brother called chin on.....the joke being in my brothers age group and friend group unbeknownst to me when you thought someone was lying youd say to them 'oh yeah chin on' and youd rub your chin and make a kind of incredulous face.

its basically anything you believed when you were a child you later found was just bonkersly wrong' like a lie from an adult, a bizarre accident of reasoning where you's connected things in your head that had nothing to do with each other, just any muddled up weird stuff your ickle child brain had thought was true that you later found out was insanely wrong like me and my brothers until we could read were convinced coca cola was called freddie kruger???

or i genuinely took a stick to bed at night as a thing to hug and woke up crying one day when my stick was broke....everyone was in agreement though it was a VERY good stick!

anything like that

When I was a kid I thought Garbage men worked one day a week. :)

vuilnisman17.gif

When I was a child, I thought that buses moved on their own without a driver when I sat at the upper deck of a double-decker, and when I said that to my dad then, he just agreed and I was dumb enough to believe that for some time lol. Couldn't see the connection of the lower and upper deck.

Good thread idea Simy :D!

When I was a child I believed the Cybermen from Dr. Who lived behind this hill behind our house. My lovely older brother told me this so I wouldn't wander up there, and I didn't lol!

When I was pretty young in church we were saying the Lord's Prayer, I apparently added an extra word.

...And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from Evil Lyn:

When everyone started laughing at me I had no idea why, I thought we were trying to pray to defeat Evil Lyn and Skeltor.

evil-lyn.jpg

When I was a child.. I had seen a picture of Kirk Cameron in Teen beat magazine... and under his name it said "teen heart throb Kirk Cameron". I got all upset, because I thought a heart throb was something you could die from.... and so I went to my dad all upset and crying asking him what exactly happens when you have a heart throb...and he just sat and laughed at me!

Also... I thought we lived INSIDE the earth.... not on the outside...

Well, when I was a kid, people were always telling me to stop "arsing around", so when someone got arrested for arson, I thought they'd been arrested for this... it was weeks before I found out it was for setting things on fire.

I also used to think that if I broke the rules of a box junction (I'm not even sure they exist any more) I'd be picked up by a giant hand and disposed of... 70s public information films were genuinely terrifying.

When i was young i thought that one could be born as a child or an adult. I was often pissed that i was a child.

When i was young, i thought that other humans were just moving pieces of flesh. I did not know or understand that they also experienced things and felt things just like i did.

When I was a kid, I thought that I created "tea party" and "cubby hole". I was very annoyed when other people used my words but kept it to myself.

I also thought that money spiders genuinely gave money, either through choking or going for a poo. I kept a money spider when I was about 6 or 7 and expected a £1 coin to be excreted at any moment. The spider had about a 2mm leg span...

I thought that squirrel and rabbit was what's for dinner (and it was! true story!)

I thought there was an evil murderous Easter bunny because my older brother liked to convince me of all kinds of strange things.

when I was a child I thought that I'd always be a kid...i was right

Latest posts

Back