When's The Last Time You Got Rejected?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By a girl: It was earlier this week at school, although she did it indirectly, it still hurt.

By a guy: When I was in 9th grade.

I think I should give up on dating and join a convent...

Well last month. Idk if it counts though because I didn't actually mention any feelings, but I still was told out of nowhere, "I don't like you more than a friend". Ouch getting rejected before I can even think of saying anything.

Arnaert said:
Well last month. Idk if it counts though because I didn't actually mention any feelings, but I still was told out of nowhere, "I don't like you more than a friend". Ouch getting rejected before I can even think of saying anything.

I ******* hate that.

I'm rejected by pretty much any guy I express interest in. The last time I was not rejected was .... about 17 years ago.. when i met my ex. He seemed to want me for quite a long time.

But... these days... either people don't think I'm serious if i say I have a crush on them, or don't know how to "let me down easily" so they do nothing... or they will just have sex with me for a while.. and then just drop me to move on to a better gal that comes along....

(Oh, I've already posted here)

But let me reiterate: every moment until I die.
(If there is a heaven, I'm sure they'll send me to hell. If there is a hell, I'm sure they'll close the gates on me too.
I will return to earth as an angry spirit and let the world know of my silent, lonely agony by throwing around random objects and making strange noises in the attic. I cannot wait!)

grade 10 (age..16, I think?) I had a huge crush on this girl for a while, and we talked on the phone tons and eventually psuedo-went out (just cheesy stuff like group outings to punkshows, indoor rock-climbing, that sort of thing lol).

then she straight up told me that she only ever 'liked me' because no guy had ever shown any intimate interest in her before.

ouch. way to spell it out for me.

that's the extent of my dating experience. ******* weak as the wack attack lmao.

I guess it doesn't matter, I'll probably just keep being rejected by anyone I show interest in. So I'll refrain from saying anything that would bring on the rejection. I like them though, but I highly doubt anything will come of it.

I last got rejected for a dating/romantic thing back in December. A very cute girl sat down next to me at work (I was working in a call center) and I literally couldn't keep my eyes off of her. We talked for a little bit and she was pretty cool. Because the place I worked at was run by near-Nazis, I had to pass her a note all sly as to going out for a coffee. She added me on FB and said that she'd hang out with me but she had a boyfriend. I understood. We wound up getting laid off the next week and of course the day after that I got the flu. A week later I felt good enough to haul myself over to the computer and she had blocked me from Facebook. Never got her number either. It really sucked because very rarely do I find myself genuinely attracted to anyone anymore, and she hit the same spot my last "love" had hit.
Three weeks ago I asked a female friend out to lunch to catch up and she started giggling, spit some gibberish into the phone and hung up. Guess I know where I stand with her.

Well, I guess it's not straightforward rejection, but that's how I feel. Rejected.

Since I started college this year, a social group of friends have shown a lot of interest in me, and I'd often be invited to their parties and turn up on my own.

So there's this guy who's always at the parties. Somehow he got my number (as did, actually, practically all the guys there, and I have no idea how). He'd often text me little things bringing up things I'd mentioned in passing. For example, once, a half hour before my favourite show was on, he texted me to remind me. Just little things like that. We'd often talk on FB chat and it wasn't hard like when I talk to other people, I didn't have to try and think of things to say. I just spoke, we'd always talk about loads of weird stuff and soon had a variety of in-jokes no one else would understand. Despite this, at that point I didn't think of him as anything more than a friend.

Anyway, I'll mention here that I had a little thing with his hot best friend at one of these parties. But just because I was extremely drunk and bored. A few months ago (feels much more recent!) I was at one of these parties, and we (guy I first mentioned, not friend) were having a good time. He always asks questions, and just seems really interested in me. Like he'll just ask me really straightforward questions, and I'd either answer with simple one word answers, 'yes/no's or something vague (this is if I wasn't keen on answering, I'm a very guarded and private person). And then he'd try and work me out..he'd relay everything he'd learnt back to me, and when I tried to deny it he wouldn't believe me. What I'm trying to say is, it was intense. I had this feeling like he was just bringing the walls down. So, at this party, I suddenly realised we were gravitation towards each other, and that I wanted to be near him. We were more touchy-feely (then again, neither of us was sober) and when we spoke, or one of us asked a question, we'd look each other straight in the eye. It was so intense. And at that moment, looking each other in the eye, I suddenly felt something, but I wasn't sure what. I still thought of him as a friend at this point you see. It was also at this point that he asked me if I liked his friend, said he thought his friend liked me, and that I should make a move. I wasn't particularly bothered because, actually, at this point I was more interested in his friend than him romantically, but I did feel a kind of uneasiness...slightly hurt, and I couldn't understand why.

Since then, we'd started texting each other a lot. As usual, we got on really well, a lot more in-jokes developed and our texts became increasingly flirty. We'd both suggest hanging out just us, but never seriously, just jokily. (Although I was insinuating seriously, can't be sure about him). It wasn't I started really looking forward to his texts, waiting for them, leaping on the phone as it buzzed and smiling to myself as I read them, that I realised, oh honeysuckle, I like him. I really like him.

So we continued talking. Then I saw him at college (we don't see each other around much) and he kind of glanced at me, and even though I smiled, did nothing else. We were in an exam and I caused a bit of commotion (won't go into it, nothing that you'd notice really) and no one bothered looking round except him. I could see him turning round looking at me out of the corner of my eye, so I looked up at him in a kind of cheeky way, and he just turned around.

A week after that and he still hadn't made any contact. I realised it was also him that texted first so thought maybe he was waiting for me. I texted something jokey. It's a week later and he hasn't replied or spoken to me in any way. So, we havn't spoken for 2 weeks. Might not sound long, but it is when we used to speak non-stop.

I was beginning to let him in, he made me feel different, didn't let me hide away. I needed that. And I thought he was interested in me as a person. I thought he cared. And now I just feel so (perhaps irrationally) angry, hurt.....rejected. I'm putting the walls back up, but I can't stop thinking about him.

Sorry, this was really long, and a bit off the point. I kind of just felt like I need to write it all.

It's been a long time since I've been rejected, simply because I haven't been actively seeking.

And for some strange reason I am never sought.

Weird, huh? :p

Badjedidude said:
It's been a long time since I've been rejected, simply because I haven't been actively seeking.

And for some strange reason I am never sought.

Weird, huh? :p

bjd, i don't like you and in general disapprove of your existence! :club:

THERE! feel better? :D

^^^*tear* I've been rejected!!! :D LOL

I can always count on jsd to raise my spirits using some sort of weird negative reverse psychology!! :D

2237614948_b5de4b5aae_b.jpg

In my experience of life i have never been rejected by a girl. once in my life i have been rejected in army department that was very shocked moment for me.

The first, and last, time I got rejected was like the summer before my freshman year I think. Bout 3-4 years ago. Asked a dude out, he asked me if I was stupid. -_- Yeah, so much for that. I refuse to ask guys out now haha.

Yesterday. I got the "just friends" thing. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong.

^^^What you're doing wrong is being too friendly. :p

A woman only tells you she wants to be "just friends," if you're JUST FRIENDS with her.

But sometimes when a woman says, "just friends" to you, she's REALLY giving you an opportunity to protest and show your forceful, intense side; e.g., "I can't just be friends with you... we're past that, Claire...I can't accept friends; I need more!" *SMOOOOCH*

...Like that.

this is for everybody that has been rejected or ignored

everyone in life wont like you. if someone does not like you, thats their choice, as long as you like yourself, others opinion should not matter :)

if someone is ignoring you, that means they dont like you, thats their choice you like yourself, thats all that matters :)

being rejected or thinking of being rejected is a fear, have no fears

be positive, think positive, what ever your going through, dont give up!!!

Well I didn't reject yet. And I am sure that She will never reject to me if I propose to her.:):D
Well wish me best of luck for my future. Because me have to try for it yet:D:D

I am currently 0 - 10+ right now. I don't even know what it would be like for a girl to like me more than just a friend.

Latest posts

Back