When's The Last Time You Got Rejected?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rejected....................

I am a deaf girl, living in a hearing world.
And it's not like I walk around holding a sign announcing to the world that I can't hear...... so, I read lips... and half the time I don't get the whole of what is being said.... people think I am being evasive and cutting them off, when the problem is I just didn't get what they said, then I flip them off out of frustration.,. and so on, well you get the picture... but ya, I get lots of rejection.. and in turn I am an ******* (:)

Loving life, *laughing* all the way. (yes I know, and yes I do have hearing apparatus but I hate them so bad!

~ Back around 1999 or so, I was at a shooting range and my ear plug fell out of my right ear at the same time musket guns were firing one right after another and completely went deaf in my right ear.

~ Hugs to you because I completely understand how hard it is and never hear anyone if they are to the right of me.

~ A hearing aid will NOT work for me. :(

Nolife Princess said:
... I am a deaf girl, living in a hearing world ... And it's not like I walk around holding a sign announcing to the world that I can't hear...... so, I read lips... and half the time I don't get the whole of what is being said ...

Lol, I get rejected often, but it doens't stop me from trying (unless there are actual consequences, not just honeysuckle my mind makes up to stop me from trying). I think the biggest one for me though was about a year ago. There was a very cute girl in one of my classes. I'd never talked with her, but one day in the computer lab she approached me. Anyway she was really nice, and maybe a month later after our class we went out to eat.

I thought things went great, so a few days later I asked her to go out for drinks. Turns out she already had drinking plans with other friends but invited me along. Well that didn't go too well, not horrible either (I'm absolutley horrible in social situations with more than a few people, I tend to shutup completly). Her friends were actually very nice too. After the bar her friends wanted to go to a nightclub, so we went. Then she dropped the bomb on me, telling me she doens't want to give me the wrong signals and that shes seeing someone. I usually dont care, but I kinda did at that moment. Turns out she was torn between her current "boyfriend" and an ex boyfriend who left for another women in another country. Now her ex was back (after failing with the other women) and texting her for a meet.

I went for breakfast with her one more time, didn't go well. A couple weeks later I sent her a text and no response. A few months later I was at school, outside having a cigarette and she waved to me from the window of a close building. She came down and was all friendly. Asked me if I had a textbook (which I did), and told me how much she needed to borrow it. I said I didn't, and later I found out she failed that class (and the class which I initially met her in). I might seem like an *******, but I dont think so. Anyway it was a good experience to learn about very "social" women.

Happens often. Hurts each time. Not on the same levels, depending how important the person is. Emotional merges can be the worst poison and addiction there is. When the ombilic gets cut and there's clear evidence that the love is gone - or has never been - or has to stop for some reason - and your heart still won't believe it, and still looks for this "part of you", it sucks. And can bring a lot of wasted time.

And we don't get younger as time goes, wasted time is your life going away. A part of my last few years got wasted at running crazy races like that. My thirties have been a time of major breakdowns and changes, and I'm still just at the middle... hoping the second half will be a calmer sea.

This year! :)
Notice the smile. The key is to not let it corrupt you or discourage you. Take it very slowly, and you will be able to make a very fine recovery.

The only kind of rejection I've ever known is the kind where fickle women show interest then back out "politely" leaving me to guess why. Heck, they don't even make it clear that they've backed out. I simply observe the actions and can deduce that they indicate loss of interest. You never really know why. You assume that it was something you said or didn't do. Perhaps you bored her to tears (she'll say otherwise to "protect" your feelings) or didn't hit her with the sparks quickly enough.

Part of how I manage to protect my heart is by going slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowly with women. I want to give them time to exercise fickleness. Afterall, if the goal is marriage, then what's the rush? Am I supposed to waste my time in an "official relationship", putting forth efforts that I would not with most people, just to find out it might as well have been some kind of hallucination? Am I supposed to call myself making love to you, possibly creating a baby out of this love, just to find out that to YOU it was just sex... on Tuesday?

I don't know what you guys see where you're at, but here in the United States, I see new borns with one parent. I see children under 5 with one parent. I was one at 6. This **** sickens me. So, yes. Go slowly and hoo ******* ray for rejections.

Say it with me. HOORAY FOR REJECTIONS! Yes, PLEASE reject me. ASAP, in fact.

The good news is that this one one thing that one actually has control over. Every time you don't get up and to talk to 'her' (or 'him' as the case may be), she can't give you the brush-off. Despite what you hear in all of the propaganda, if you don't play, you can't loose.

My humble two cents. -SY

I would say even though I sport a perfect lost record I still get hope every time i see a good looking girl. I just can't help my self. :D

I've never been rejected, but then I've never asked either!

In fact, as jjam was saying, I think rejection is sort of a good thing. There have been times where girls have been flirting with me a lot, but I know I cannot take things further and so I actually wish they'd rejected me outright because it would save me the emotional confusion.

Rejection also spares two people from the silliness of "the chase" when nothing is going to come of it. So it's good in a way :)

When I was 13, ever since then I never made the first move, I've always waited for her to do it.

yesterday.... by a girl I was willing to give up on my alone timelife for. Then today on my anime forum. Also my coworkers invited me to a party to cheer me up, but actually theyjust wanted to makefun of me. 3 beers left. What's next? I wish I could be who I was.

dammit.

Can't say I ever have been really.

I tend to not be very interested in initiating relationships, and just go along with it if someone else makes the first move.

I don’t pursue romantic relationships so much now, I guess I’d like to but I just can’t seem to meet the right person for me so rejection on that side of things is limited. As for friendships, I get rejected a lot, women tend to bring sex into relationships far too soon (oh no, a man is talking to me, he must want sex the *******) when in all truth I just need a friend and nothing more. Other men are difficult too, I don’t subscribe to the usual male attitudes as shown in the media so other men either avoid me like the plague or get all over competitive to the point where it gets ridiculous. Men can be a nightmare when it comes to bitching and harassment.

My family rejected me years ago, I was always the odd one out as a child but as an adult they decided that they didn’t need me (my role had effectively been recast) so I the phone calls and invitations dried up before stopping. The worst part is that when I make the effort to contact them I’m treated like a burden and that hurts a lot.

Lost Drifter said:
As for friendships, I get rejected a lot, women tend to bring sex into relationships far too soon [...] when in all truth I just need a friend and nothing more.
It's been the same quest for me with the same sad results. It's kind of disappointing how people can't seem to accept to do things in the natural steps anymore nowadays.

To me it's crystal clear that friendship has to come before anything else can be possible - if you can't stand a person's company in friendship, how could "sex" (or whatever else "dating" department) cement that into a relationship that would hold the road? It's not just a question of getting laid and filling the "companion" slot on your gov papers! If you pick someone just on those factors, an everyday life with them could be long and painful!

Cultivating a friendship for a few months "prior to anything more" can't be wasted time. If that person is the right one, they'll stick with you for life, what's a few months compared to that? And if not, you still got a precious, great friend. One soul somewhere who cares and understands. That is priceless!

Arsenic Queen said:
Lost Drifter said:
As for friendships, I get rejected a lot, women tend to bring sex into relationships far too soon [...] when in all truth I just need a friend and nothing more.
It's been the same quest for me with the same sad results. It's kind of disappointing how people can't seem to accept to do things in the natural steps anymore nowadays.

To me it's crystal clear that friendship has to come before anything else can be possible - if you can't stand a person's company in friendship, how could "sex" (or whatever else "dating" department) cement that into a relationship that would hold the road? It's not just a question of getting laid and filling the "companion" slot on your gov papers! If you pick someone just on those factors, an everyday life with them could be long and painful!

Cultivating a friendship for a few months "prior to anything more" can't be wasted time. If that person is the right one, they'll stick with you for life, what's a few months compared to that? And if not, you still got a precious, great friend. One soul somewhere who cares and understands. That is priceless!

I wish that were true AQ. My last significant relationship was one of cultivating a friendship for many months then suddenly realizing it had grown into love. There were about 9 good years then it started changing- its very frustrating to feel rejected on many different levels.

We've been residing in the same house for the sake of our daughter but it gets increasingly difficult to do so- its been two very long years and the soul is weary.

I've never felt more alone in my life than now and find myself wondering how I got here

Lonely in BC said:
I wish that were true AQ. My last significant relationship was one of cultivating a friendship for many months then suddenly realizing it had grown into love. There were about 9 good years then it started changing- its very frustrating to feel rejected on many different levels.

We've been residing in the same house for the sake of our daughter but it gets increasingly difficult to do so- its been two very long years and the soul is weary.

I've never felt more alone in my life than now and find myself wondering how I got here
I understand you on that one too. More than you know.

9 years is already wonderful though, more than what most people get to nowadays. But indeed, when you arrive at the end of it, you probably wonder "and what now?" habits of 9 years are difficult to leave.

Latest posts

Back