Where do go when you feel lonely?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being lonely makes me depressed, and when I get depressed I really tend to isolate myself. Terrible way to handle it obviously. If I'm feeling lonely or just generally shitty, hanging out with friends helps a TON. But the initial depression/loneliness just drains my motivation to try to do anything.

There's a really nice cafe here with all kinds of snacks and drinks. I've been going there for so long I'm friendly with some of the staff.

When i feel lonely i go to gym and i kill that feeling on the same moment i enter the gym.

Someone needs to open a 'Lonely Life' cafe in every city. No wonder people are lonely, they all go to different places and keep missing one-another.

I go to walk outside at night. Headphones on, feeling the chilly hands of darkness caress my cheeks softly. Soothes the soul.

nickgordon said:
Except for staying at home, where do you go and what do you do?

work, play golf, watch football, shopping, go and see my Mam

I live in an extremely small town that's spread out and takes too long to walk anywhere. It would be more of a hassle. So I tend to stay home; no motivation to leave. And then I just...fester in loneliness. 8'D

I usually just stay in my room if I have no desire to leave, but if I'm up to getting out of the high I like to go to the park. I sit on the swings and just think to myself as I swing. It's nice to look at the stars at night when you're lonely as well. That's when I feel lonely on most nights. Star gazing has always helped me feel less lonely.

WallflowerGirl83 said:
I usually just stay in my room if I have no desire to leave, but if I'm up to getting out of the high I like to go to the park. I sit on the swings and just think to myself as I swing. It's nice to look at the stars at night when you're lonely as well. That's when I feel lonely on most nights. Star gazing has always helped me feel less lonely.

Sometimes I'll go for walks at night, and I'm looking at the stars/moon basically the whole time. It just trips me out to think of how far away everything we can see is, and what a tiny speck of the universe this planet actually is. Then it makes me think about aliens.

I used to go to daytime oddball movies (Gerry, anyone?) but then I noticed there were always the same two or three lonely losers like me watching the same films, so that freaked me out a bit (Whatthefuck! I'm not a ******* weirdo loser like THAT guy! I'm outta here!), so I began riding the trains until I noticed a bunch of different lonely losers like me doing the same thing, going endlessly nowhere, so then I ended up in the public library reading stuff I wasn't interested in, until I noticed the place was full of homeless people, pensioners, and retards, one of who used to sit near me and masturbate with his hands inside his track suit pants. So I know the question excludes home, but honeysuckle. The only safe place to be, I reckon.

Latest posts

Back