Which is your favorite time of the day, are you a morning person or a night person?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am definitely a night person because it works better that way. i can sleep all day and pretend the world is not out there, there is nothing to wake up to or something. then when i wake up i stay up all night long and there is really nobody around so it feels peaceful, nothing to confront...hehehehe until eventually i have to go to work pm time used to be better also.

yamaha CS5 said:
Ahh, do you play classical or electric? What guitar? :)
I've got an electric and an acoustic, but I mainly play on the acoustic. I'm not very good, and I'n quite tired of the sound of a guitar. Would like to do something different with it, like put it through an MSP Patch?! (i think that's what it's called) and then get some interesting pretty sounds out of it :D.

You play any instruments?

I play electric guitar. I know exactly what you mean :p How long have you been playing? I have for something like a year and a half, and my teacher says I can go to conservatory in another two years probably :) You really need a good teacher and a lot of willpower and interest in playing guitar if you want to become better. It takes a LOT but trust me, it's worth it, and the better you become the more fun it is to practice. You need to practice at least an hour a day if you want to have good progress. It might be a good idea to do more on the electric guitar, it's easier to get a nice sound out of it and also much more versatile.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean with an MSP patch, but there are a lot of ways to alter your guitar's sound. The most obvious is an amp with effects on it like the very good Fender SuperChamp XD which I have, it has delay, chorus, reverb, vibrato and tremolo built in, and it's preamp and clean channel are completely tube amp. Also has a dirty channel with lots of different overdrives/distortions. You can also get your own effects pedals.
Alternatively, you can use digital processing, like in Logic (Apple program for making music) and others, which can give your guitar virtually any sound you can think of by modifying it in the computer. You can also buy an analog to MIDI converter (which is maybe what you mean?), so that your guitar outputs MIDI signals which are even easier to modify on your computer, and you can make it sound like a piano or sax or whatever you want.
The only thing in the music effects world which is called MSP is the object based sound modeling language program Max/MSP, which is used to create your own sounds from scratch for digital music, so you can't use that with your guitar.

Hope this helps, and don't give up on playing guitar, I've been stuck myself often, but at that point you just need the insight of a teacher who can tell you what to do next :)

yamaha CS5 said:
I play electric guitar. I know exactly what you mean :p How long have you been playing? I have for something like a year and a half, and my teacher says I can go to conservatory in another two years probably :) You really need a good teacher and a lot of willpower and interest in playing guitar if you want to become better. It takes a LOT but trust me, it's worth it, and the better you become the more fun it is to practice. You need to practice at least an hour a day if you want to have good progress. It might be a good idea to do more on the electric guitar, it's easier to get a nice sound out of it and also much more versatile.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean with an MSP patch, but there are a lot of ways to alter your guitar's sound. The most obvious is an amp with effects on it like the very good Fender SuperChamp XD which I have, it has delay, chorus, reverb, vibrato and tremolo built in, and it's preamp and clean channel are completely tube amp. Also has a dirty channel with lots of different overdrives/distortions. You can also get your own effects pedals.
Alternatively, you can use digital processing, like in Logic (Apple program for making music) and others, which can give your guitar virtually any sound you can think of by modifying it in the computer. You can also buy an analog to MIDI converter (which is maybe what you mean?), so that your guitar outputs MIDI signals which are even easier to modify on your computer, and you can make it sound like a piano or sax or whatever you want.
The only thing in the music effects world which is called MSP is the object based sound modeling language program Max/MSP, which is used to create your own sounds from scratch for digital music, so you can't use that with your guitar.

Hope this helps, and don't give up on playing guitar, I've been stuck myself often, but at that point you just need the insight of a teacher who can tell you what to do next :)

I've been playing for 3 years. I'm not brilliant. I can play Led Zeppelin songs, Radiohead, Beatles, Clapton, Hendrix. Yeah I would like to get lessons, i feel as if im missing some info. Yeah lately ive been neglecting it, I need to practice! What can you play? You sound very good!
Yeah I've used a couple of effect amp's and pedals etc, but again it's not ineresting enough. I think it's because I listen to a lot of Aphex Twin and Squarepusher and other electronic music. But I think i shall check out some of those amps you've reccomended :D

Yeah Ive used a couple programs, Ableton Live is pretty good! Yeah Ive tried the apple one, it's good. I was impressed. I never thought it would be that advanced yet so easy to use. Typical!

The Max/MSP patch yes that's the one! Look it up on youtube, some people have written their own programs and so when a guitar string is plucked, it goes through the program and the desired sound comes out.

Cool! I must say you have boosted my motivation a lot!! I think I'll start practicing more often. Thanks for the advice. It was brilliant :D

Ahh, I'm not as good as I want yet, not by a long shot. I mostly practice improvisation at the moment, not particular artists/songs. But generally I play the things I like, I ask my teacher if he can tab songs I like and he'll do it, that's really nice ;) Stuff like Hendrix, Lou Reed, Pixies, RHCP, some Dutch stuff and a lot of single songs from artists. Also working through the books my teacher wrote for learning guitar, I've finished those now.

If you're low on budget and bored, just get digital effects ;) You may notice some quality difference with non-modelled stuff but who cares about that if you're learning. Modeling amps and pedals and stuff. They can be really cheap with lots of sounds in them.

Max/MSP is very advanced.. I don't know how good you're comp. skills are but you need to be able to code the language for one, and it's just really complicated in general. Maybe if I become a professional electronic artist or producer I'd consider learning it. It takes years to master.
It's interesting you listen to lots of electronic music, I'm really into that at the moment also! You should really check out Floex (tomas dvorak) and Lusine, they're amazing! I'm right now learning logic, both to be able to record my guitar and make songs, and also for learning to make electronic music; a just got a new synthesizer from my dad also :D If you find logic easy to use, then maybe Max is actually something for you indeed :p Or maybe you only used the basic features like midi editing and arranging. Logic is actually also one of the more advanced DAW's; to learn the synths and effects it has, and construct a fast workflow takes some studying. But Logic is much better than Ableton.

The most important part is to keep practicing/learning! Often you don't progress for a long while and you lose hope but always I have kept on just practicing and then suddenly one day you wake up and you are much better than you were before, and you see what you have been learning all that time, no joke. There's just no quick way to learn music, unfortunately.

The night. I don't knw. Just really like it. I like running in the dark (which I knwo sounds psychopathic :?) Summer nights are te best because I can strip down to wearing just pants and run barefoot. I am pretty resistant to cold so winter nights aren't too bad. I like running in the pastures behind my house. Usually take a knife with me (which also sounds psychopathic :?). It helps me think and I like looking up and seeing the stars and moon. It is calming to me and helps me clear my mind of my problems.

Aedammair

Sunset/dusk is my favorite time of the day, and when I have the most energy. I'm definitely a night owl. I try to adjust my schedule for mornings, but no matter what I am always a zombie in the morning.

I'm a night person. I don't want to be, it's hard to get anything done at night. I can't help it. My favorite time of day is sunset.

My favorite time is night. Usually the night is quiet and I can sit and do some thinking, reading, or listening to music. My favorite thing to do is to look at the stars.

In the summer, I love to see the fireflies.

In the winter, I don't have to see the snow at night.

Wednesday 3:30 when I pick my little one up from school for the first time that week. Invariably we miss the bus and spend half an hour sat eating whatever treat he's kept for me in his lunch box. We just sit and have a natter. That's a nice bit of the week, rain permitting.

I used to be a morning person for a long time " in the happy days , in the past ^_^ " .. But now I'm absolutely a Night person .

I'm actually a morning person :D

I love to study with the natural light of the sun illuminating my room.

Nocturnal here, or at least as much as the world will let me. I have this one big issue with daytime, there is this giant ball of fire in the sky and it keeps trying to burn me! :p for that reason the hours of the day that allow this evil fire monster called the sun to attack me are my least favorite.

When it starts to get light out i feel i need to try to sleep at that point. 8pm to midnight seems fine. :)

I used to be very much a night person, even living completely on a nocturnal schedule.. these days I still love the night, but I've learned to appreciate the morning as well. Hating sunlight was associated with severe depression for me and now that I am out of that, I love being out in the sun. Getting up in the morning also does a lot of good for my mood.

I can say I don't have one. Night with friends playing cards, karaoke, woods at sunset, morning watching animals outside, stargazing, afternoon with grand kids kids at the park, warm days by the creek are all good.

Latest posts

Back