Which year has been the happiest for you so far ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonely_aryan

Reaction score
Hi,
For me the year 1999 proved to be most memorable so far. It was fun times. I had lots of friends and coz we all were still studying we had plenty of time to hang around.
I had a girlfriend too. We used to meet every single day.

I broke up with my girlfriend just at the beginning of 2000. We moved to new location in 2001. Leaving one all my friends are out the country working.

Just ignore the sad part if you want to and share your most happiest year.

I'm sorry you had to move away lonely_aryan :(. But its better to have good memories despite losing relationships huh?

For me, the happiest year was the year I turned 9. I remember skipping class and hiding out in the library, reading. Having pancakes on Sunday mornings with the family in our sunny kitchen. Playing catch with my cousins during the school holidays and generally being up to no good. I went to art class every fortnight and my folks used to display all my crafts on their work desks. My dad would come home from work and we would watch Felix the Cat on TV while he had his tea.

Thanks for the post LA. It brought back sweet memories :)

what a good question !

I would say 2013 definitely or maybe 2012. 2014 is looking good so far !

I can't really say I have had a good year or a bad one. I have had great moments in every year. Last year I graduated college, got a new job, had an awesome internship, and other things. So I guess 2013 was pretty awesome.

I'd have to say 2004 was a real good one for me- Kid was two and I spent the year at home with her- we camped, went on adventures, took trips, she really was Dads little buddy. I'd do it again if I could afford it.

I'll continue making the rest great though....anticipation lurks, opportunity is around every corner....

Not this one. Not only have I had my relationship failures and not found work/money yet, but we've also had several bad family health problems which I don't see how we'll solve. So the coming years are just going to be just as bad if not worse. I'd say 2011 was the last year that everything was alright, but fool as I was, I didn't know the value of what I had and I squandered it thinking bad thoughts. I often wish I could go back to the start of high school and just do my whole life over from then. I'd say around 2001-2002, is when I started to mess up. It was when I didn't really do much with toys anymore, but didn't really replace it with anything either. So a lot of craziness filled the void, since I no longer knew what to do with myself when before, it was so easy to just get lost in make believe.

Meeting a few certain souls on here, and a few notable times with friends, have been the only good things to happen all year.

I'd say probably some time in the '90s. But we didn't have Boomer yet, and besides, those days had their problems too.

Few of my years have been good. Late fall of 2002 through late summer of 2005 was probably the best time of my life due to having a close friend, 2004 being the very best year. Much of this year has been awful, but I'm in my first relationship this year, and he is making it one of the happiest. =]

'02 was pretty great - 7th grade, lots of candy, was relieved to no longer be in Choir, had a big group of friends, read The Outsiders(which just seemed to describe me - despite the complete lack of gang violence in my life), pretty much all my teachers were absolutely wonderful ones, and the future in my mind was pretty much abundant in both happiness and possibility.

Probably this past year. Lots of academic awards and accomplishments, plus making it into grad school. :)

2009 was the best. I had friends then and we went out together quite a bit. I didn't have to live in the land of make-believe to be able to stand my life.

Last year, though this year is so far better, and is going to end better. 2015 is going to surpass this year, and 2016 will surpass 2015.

Probably 2010.

Graduated from university, was excited to begin my career, had a couple off-again, on-again relationships.. good times.

I might be an awful lot older than most of the group and my happiest year was probably 1966. Yeah. That was the last full year I lived in my hometown.

I've lived in two countries and three U.S. states since then and the best I can say about it is that I coped with things, successfully but without much of any joy. At all.

every year is happy and hopefully those years won't be the happiest yet, I hope in the next years it'll be much much better.

I remember last being happy in elementary school, so I would say 1992 or 1993.

However, in general I look back with fondness on the 80s and 90s, and the early part of the millenium, when things were cheap, life was good, and America was the good guy.

We screwed all that up after 9/11 and now we just print money and give it to the bankers. Quite the downfall.

2014 has been great so far when it comes to my career. Paid off my student loans and got a great job. However socially I'd say 2011 was my best, had a big group of friends and a couple hit and miss relationships.

Hopefully I have many great years to come.

Latest posts

Back